Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Mr. Amit Joshi
Treatment of Depression
Management of Smoking Addiction
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Fear
Treatment of Memory Loss
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment of OCD
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Treatment of Stress at Work
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Alcohol Withdrawal
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Treatment of Personality Disorder
Substance Addiction Management
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Submit a review for Mr. Amit JoshiYour feedback matters!
Unable to remember words, names such things, I can remember numbers ane other things I remember complete story of any movie but I do forget character names and movie name, don't know what to do, please help. Thanks.
I think I had a panic attack three days back. I felt like my head was hit with something and my arms were all numb, I say on floor at metro station and started crying like anything, also got detached from the environment. And felt like in going crazy. Why would it happen. And would it happen soon again?
Anxiety is a very normal emotion, which gives rise to feelings of nervousness every now and then. An anxiety disorder is a serious medical condition in which people experience a high degree of distress and mental trauma, which causes difficulties in leading a normal life. People suffering from this medical condition experience high levels of anxiety and nervousness almost all the time. Here are the symptoms that indicate you're suffering from anxiety disorder.
1. Excessive worry - This condition persists if you worry about the day to day activities a bit too much on a regular basis. It is identified when you start taking too much stress about very petty things, which tends to affect you in an adverse manner. A noticeable sign of excessive worry can be too much fatigue.
2. Sleep problems - Problems falling asleep at the right time and problems in maintaining a sound sleep are two signs that indicate you have an anxiety disorder.
3. Irrational fears - This symptom is not generalized; instead, it is specific and subjective in relation to a particular thing or situation. The fears that are experienced under this category are sudden and unexpected in nature and there is no fixed rationale behind these fears.
4. Muscle tension - Muscle discomfort and pain is one of the leading physiological causes of an anxiety disorder. The pain felt is chronic and pervasive, and is very common among people facing situations of anxiety. If you are exposed to constant periods of anxiety, you will experience fatigue, muscle pains and unwillingness to work.
5. Chronic indigestion - Problems related to the digestive system are also a sign of anxiety disorder. In this case, you may face constant digestive problems accompanied by a common disorder called IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome). IBS refers to an anxiety situation in the digestive tract, which is characterized by stomach aches, cramping, bloating, gas, constipation, and/or diarrhea.
Apart from the above-mentioned symptoms, other symptoms of an anxiety disorder include stage fright, self- consciousness, panic attacks, memory flashbacks, perfectionism, compulsive behaviors, self- doubt, and such others. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
I got bad marks in board exam that's why I am feeling very Depressed and that's why I started drinking alcohol. How can I get rid of this bad habit?
Hi. I'm 24 year old woman. I'm married from past 3 years. I'm under a severe stress due to both work and family. Because my husband is also my boss. He is a workaholic and I am not. I don't like bringing my work to home. And he says I'm unworthy and lazy. This breaks me. I love him. But he sees me more like an employee not like a wife. He doesn't agree for counselling. He says it's waste of time and money. I think I am going crazy.Please tell sir.
I lost somebody close last year since then I feel very depressed. I preferred keep me myself. Please help me what to do.
Despite being an outsider in the industry, Kangana Ranaut has made her mark in Bollywood. The 'Queen of Bollywood' bagged the National Award in the best actress category for the third time for her double act in the commercial hit Tanu Weds Manu Returns. Ranaut is one of the highest paid actresses in India and is known for playing emotionally intense roles in films like Gangster and Woh Lamhe. But behind the fame and the glory, lies a story of struggle and constant perseverance. Kangana's rise to fame did not happen overnight, and her travails and triumphs have quite a few important lessons stored for all of us.
Here are 4 inspiring life lessons to take away from Kangana's real life story.
1. Be Yourself - Accept yourself and embrace the person you are. Making desperate attempts to fit in a social circle or trying to make people like you could turn depressing. Be yourself and don't compromise on your identity and be afraid to have a mind of your own. Kangana has constantly inspired us to be rebellious and to question stereotypes and sexism.
'People in the industry treated me like I didn't deserve to be spoken to and I was some unwanted object. I couldn't speak English fluently and people made fun of me for that. So dealing with rejection became a part of life...Today, when people say that I have made it and made it on my own.'
She said on an interview with Daily News and Analysis
2. Deal with your relationship problems - Stop tolerating abuse. Your partner is supposed to love and support you and not hurt you physically or emotionally. Don't be afraid of getting out of a relationship. It might be difficult and hard to deal with but it's best to get over with and start afresh. Ranaut was in a relationship with Aditya Pancholi, which turned sour after he assaulted her. Later she was also in a relationship with Adhyayan Suman and Nicholas Lafferty, an English doctor, which did not last either, but she always moved on with her head held high, personifying dignity.
3. Beat the odds - There might situations when your family does not support your career choices but don't let that stop you from going ahead with it. Believe in yourself and work hard on your goals. Kangana Ranaut inspires us to not give up easily. In spite of being an industry outsider, Ranaut made her mark with remarkable performances in Fashion, Queen, Woh Lamhe and Tanu Weds Manu. She quit pursuing medical and went for modeling instead and refused to take financial aid from her father. In short, don't give up on your dreams no matter how difficult it gets.
4. There is no end to learning - You can always continue with your interests even if you have a very busy professional life. Make time for your hobbies and interests as they expand your outlook. Ranaut learns Kathak as she enjoys dancing and considers it as a form of therapy. She also did a course on the technical aspects of filmmaking from New York Film Academy. She did not let her stardom affect her personal interests and wants to have a normal life.
'I don't want to lose my rights as a common person to learn and grow'
She said on an interview with Filmfare.