Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. VikrantYour feedback matters!
I have so much problems related to stomach. Firstly I didn't have proper bowels then some movements like happens in stomach it affects so much mentally and also stomach becomes heavy after eating food and some type of problem in hip's so due all this sometimes I feel unconscious and I do not get hunger, so what should I do.
Hi, I am 20 years old my weight is 39kg. I want to gain weight and and I always feel sick. And my legs start paining because of weakness and I always have cough and cold.
1. Iodine Rich Foods
Make sure that you consume a diet that is rich in iodine. Some of the most common foods that you can think about that is rich in iodine are:
• Seaweeds and sea foods
• Salt water fish
• Nori rolls
Be certain to use iodized salt while preparing food as it is found to be very effective for hypothyroidism.
One of the most commonly found fruits are bananas. Try to include bananas in your daily diet as it is a good food for hypothyroidism.
• Take at least two to three bananas a day. Make sure that you eat ripe bananas.
• You can also at times consume a banana milkshake that is prepared with low fat or skimmed milk.
One of the best known remedies to treat all kinds of disorders as well as hypothyroidism is pure drinking water.
• Make sure that you drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water a day.
• Water will help to flush out all toxins in your body.
• It will also prevent you from getting dehydrated so that your body does not store more fat and hence you do not gain excess weight.
4. Eating More Fruits And Vegetables
Try to include more fruits and vegetables in your diet. This will help you to stay healthy and is highly recommended to prevent hypothyroidism.
• It would be better for you to choose a complete veg. meal plan full of greens and vegetables one or two days in a week.
• You also need to follow a strict fruit plan diet for a day in a week to fight hypothyroidism.
5. Selenium Rich Foods
Going for foods that are rich in selenium will help in fighting hypothyroidism.
• Make sure to make onions and dairy products as part of your daily diet.
• You also need to occasionally include chicken, salmon, tuna and meat in your daily diet. Try to use one product a day.
• It is important for you to use a lot of garlic in your food preparation.
• Brazil nuts as well as whole unrefined grains also help in fighting hypothyroidism and you need to take them at least once a week.
6. High Fiber Diet
It is important for you to take a high fiber diet so that you do not gain weight that easily and this will help to prevent hypothyroidism.
• Add beans, oatmeal and whole wheat to your daily diet to improve your bowel movement and to reduce the cholesterol levels in your body.
• Make sure that you only consume brown rice and not white rice in any form when you suffer from hypothyroidism.
7. Green Tea
One of the best foods known to treat hypothyroidism is green tea. It has antioxidants and will help in reducing body weight.
• It is ideal for you to include green tea in your daily diet and try to skip other drinks like coffee and black tea.
• It would be ideal for you to consume thee to four cups of hot green tea to increase body metabolism and to burn fat.
8. Tyrosine Rich Foods
One of the best methods to increase the production of thyroid hormones in your body is to consume foods that are rich in tyrosine.
• Lean meat
• Soy products
9. Coconut Oil
Take coconut oil cooked food will help in improving the production of thyroid hormone and will help in preventing hypothyroidism.
• Add a tablespoon of coconut oil in your diet every day.
• It helps in increasing metabolism and is also an emery booster.
• Make sure that you consume it in moderation depending on your age and lifestyle and structure of your body.
10. Vitamin A, Zinc And Copper Foods
It is ideal for you to consume Vitamin A, zinc and copper rich foods in order to increase the production of thyroid hormones in your body.
Vitamin A Rich Foods
• Yellow vegetables
• Dark vegetables
Zinc And Copper Foods
• Lean Beef
• Dried beans
• Seeds and nuts
• Organ meats that are range free.
Which type of food I should take at evng and nights such that to decrease my weight I should be get knowledge by eati g them.
Try these easy and healthy late night snacks. It may take a bit more time than your ordered pizza but trust me you won’t regret the wait. As they don’t leave you so full that you keep changing sides the whole night instead leave you healthy.
Yes, everyone's favorite popcorn. Try switching to plain popcorn instead of those fattening chips. Cook the plain popcorn which takes less than 5 minutes add some spices and salt to taste. You can also use low-calorie cheese to curb that creamy craving.
2. Sliced bananas
Every other day we crave for ice cream our favorite dessert. Holding your horses there once a while is ok, but it can be on regular basis. Keep some sliced bananas in the freezer when you crave for ice cream take the whipped slices add few nuts to it and enjoy a healthy dessert.
Instead of a cheese grilled sandwich try making a sandwich out of whole wheat bread and stuff it with your favorite veggies and a low-fat cheese. This will let you sleep guilt free.
4. Strawberry shake
A glass of water into the mixer with 2 tablespoons of yogurt and two to three strawberries makes a perfect protein shake. Healthy in nature also curbs down your late night hunger leaving you light but full.
5. Yogurt and fruits
Fruits with some low-fat yogurt will keep you full and help losing weight. For an antioxidant boost, use fresh fruits. A slice of papaya and this yogurt tastes great.
6. Dried figs
You can call them natural candies as they taste just like candies. If you have a sweet tooth it’s the best solution for your late night craving. To make it more exciting you can sprinkle some dried figs with light low-fat cheese and dig in.
7. Dark chocolate
If you are a chocolate lover and can’t stop yourself from consuming it late night. Switch to dark chocolate instead which is 70% cocoa and has less sugar than the regular chocolates. Rich in antioxidant it’s a bonus for you so go on enjoy your chocolate, but remember an excess of everything is bad.
Pretzels especially multi-grain are tasty and really healthy too. These are the best alternative to the chips you end up munching due to late night craving. If consumed with yogurt it boosts up your metabolism.
9. Smoothie cubes
Another alternate for ice- cream lovers. Prepare your favorite smoothies with milk or with yogurt and pour them into ice trays. You can also pour some strawberry or banana shake as they are healthy too. Now you are prepared for that enemy of yours yes the late night craving.
My weight is 70 kgs I want too lose weight I have 3 children I want a diet routine and want to lose weight as early as possible I also eat faux seeds does it really helps in losing weight? reply fast.
I am suffering with allergy from 2 years and I am so totally irritated as I am always having severe pains nd I too panic So I need a solution for my problem.
1. Keep the feet clean and dry
2. Wear well fitting soft shoes- keep one for outdoors and one for indoors
3. Never walk barefooted
4. Avoid injuries and burns
5. Nails should be cut properly with nail cutter only, avoid nail pairing
6. Good glycemic control
7. Daily inspection of a foot by self or a responsible relative/helper daily
8. Prompt consultation with a good surgeon/ chiropodist whenever any lesion or injury detected
I am feeling some hard part while touching lower abdomen, near to uterus. Is this is a serious problem.
I ate lots of cashews yesterday and realised today when I was gonna eat again that it got spoiled with lots of worms inside the cashews. I ate a lot of them and now I feel disgusting inside as I know I ate a lot of worms too. What should I do to avoid any problem.
Hello Doc, I am skin from pune, I'm engaged and m so worried about my body weight. My height is 5'4" Weight is 74 I want to reduce my body weight in 2 months. Specially reduce from my face neck and tummy. My target is 54 kg. Please suggest me how to reduce 20 kg in 2 months. My face is chubby. Thank you.
Hi Dr. My problem I used to drink a lot. I frequently go with whisky. My age is 25 nd my weight is100 whether its ok r not.
The fiber and beta carotene content in carrots makes them extremely healthy. Carrots also have a number of other nutrients including Vitamins B8, K, A and C as well as iron, folate, potassium, copper and manganese.
Here are the benefits which these nutrients give to your body:
- Reduces cholesterol: Studies have shown that eating carrots lowers your blood cholesterol level. The most recent theory for why this happens is because carrots have a large amount of soluble fiber. This soluble fiber has been claimed to lower blood cholesterol levels.
- Chances of cancer reduced: Carrots have a lot of bioflavonoids and alpha carotene. Both of these have been said to lower the risk of cancer, especially lung cancer.
- Keeps your vision good: You must have heard from your parents that eating carrots is good for your eye health. While it is not true that they can cure any significant eye illnesses, they can prevent many illnesses caused by a vitamin A deficiency. They do this because beta-carotene which is there in carrots can be converted to Vitamin A. Vitamin A prevents include cataracts, night blindness as well as macular degeneration.
- Prevents memory loss: Beta-carotene is crucial for preventing memory loss. According to a recent study conducted by Harvard University, it was concluded that people who ate vegetables, such as carrots which contained beta-carotene had their chances of suffering from memory loss reduced.
- Diabetes prevention: Beta-carotene is an antioxidant in carrots, which lowers your risk of diabetes. It has been found that people with high levels of beta-carotene had 32% more insulin in their blood than people with low levels of beta-carotene.
- Improves bone health: Carrots also contain vitamin C and calcium, both of which are good for bone health. This is especially important for postmenopausal women who usually have a deficiency of calcium in their bodies.