Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dt. Bijal JobanputraYour feedback matters!
I just don't enjoy the things I used to, and I don't feel much like visiting friends or family. Is this part of aging?
Dear Doctors. My VitD3 level at 22 & Uric acid level at 6.2 Please suggest me medicines for increasing Vitd3 & decreasing Uric acid levels.
Aromatherapy is an ancient practice that dates back to ancient times across many cultures. This is a practice where concentrated oils are used to treat many imbalances and disorders within the body. The oils emit a fragrance or aroma, through which many important molecules enter your blood stream which have a healing effect. The oils can be applied on the skin and the aroma is then absorbed directly into the body through it. They can also be used as an aromatic agent where you need to sniff them in order for the molecules to get inside the body and then be absorbed into your blood.
What kind of oils are generally used in aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy uses essential oils similar to the ones used for massage in many other forms of alternative medicine such as Ayurveda and Chinese medicine. These oils have the organic compounds within the plants or respective sources concentrated into a small dose so it can pass on the benefits of those compounds to you, healing your body. Some of the types of oils used in aromatherapy are –
1. Peppermint oil
2. Tee tree oil
3. Lavender oil
4. Frankincense oil
5. Lemon oils among many others
How are essential oils made?
Essential oils are made from natural ingredients such as herbs and resins of different plants. These can be extracted from the following sources of a plant, tree or herb:
7. Stems etc.
Aromatic oils tend to be powerful as a lot of ingredients go into the making of a small quantity of oil. It is estimated that it takes multiple kilos of an ingredient to make only a few milliliters of an essential oil. Due to the immense concentration of the powerful organic compounds created by this, organic oils are very effective and thus potent in curing ailments. The compounds are separated through a distillation process that separates the oils from the other components.
How and where are essential oils in aromatherapy effective?
Aromatherapy is very effective in dealing with lesser ailments and also as a supplementary form of treatment for other larger problems such as recovery form surgery and pain relief. Some of the more common areas where aromatherapy is very helpful are:
1. Relieving and reducing stress
2. Relief from joint pain
3. Resisting Cold and flu like infections
4. Building the immunity of the body
5. Improving the appearance and health of your skin by fighting wrinkles, skin infections and inflammation
6. Reduce pain from inflammation and other disorders
7. Corrects and properly regulates hormone production within the body
8. Helps with gastrointestinal problems as well as improving digestion among many other such benefits
Certain specific types of essential oils and their benefits in aromatherapy
1. Lavender oil: Helps heal burns and cuts quicker, relaxes your body and improves your mood
2. Peppermint oil: Helps with digestion, builds up immunity, and helps with the ability to focus among others
3. Rosemary oil: Helps build hair strength, improves memory and brain function in general
4. Sandalwood oil: Improves skin quality, fights inflammation and wrinkles and also acts a as a libido booster
5. Rose oil: Extremely effective for combatting skin problems as well as for natural glow of the skin
6. Tea tree oil: An excellent immunity booster, Tea tree oil also has antifungal and antimicrobial properties which can fight off infections and cure the ailments much quicker. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
My husband 41 years of age who is diabetic. Got pain in left arm 3 days bk. And took brufen. Was ok. Again today pain in left arm. What shud be done. Any test required? Hope this is not related to heart.
Note: It can quickly turn to junk food once it's popped in oil and slathered in butter, salt or other toppings.
I want to gain my weight but I failed. I drink tea more thats the reason I cant able to take food properly.. Can you suggest me how to gain weight and stop tea habit.
I have done my breast implants 10 year back, now I am unable to go for surgery again please tell me is it necessary to do it again or I have to take any medicine.
Sir, mera age 25 year hai .but log mujhe dekhne ke bad age ko 18ya 19 batate hai. Sehat me hamesa kuch na kuch problam (bukhar, khasi, jukam, kamjori ,etc) rahata hai. Apni helth ke liye kya kare jisase meri helth sahi ho jaye. Sir, pealse bataye.
I am 13 years girl and I am diabetic since 2 years I am using insulin from 2 years I just want to come to tablets what should I do for keeping my sugar levels normal.
Good morning doctor, doctor my weight is only 45 and I am 20 years 7 months old I want to become fit so I want the time table chart for good diet that what time should I eat what should I eat right please give me the time table.
How to increase weight. According to my age my weight is very less what can I do for increasing my weight.
I am 65 years old. My weight is 80 kg. I am trying to loose weight but unable to reduce it. I do five km brisk walk and do not eat fried food and takes enough water also. Pl advise me the method to reduce weight. I do not want to go in for any medication for reducing weight.
Fruits are loaded with vitamins and antioxidants and are a very healthy choice. However, they still contain some calories and sugar. These are two things that can stop your weight reduction progress if it is left unchecked. Whether or not you should be eating fruits while counting calories has been a questionable point and a controversial topic. Here are a few reasons why fruits might or might not hinder weight loss:
How fruits might hinder weight loss?
- The carbohydrates present in fruit might not have a huge effect on your glucose levels, as most organic products have low glycemic content.
- Fruits can likewise supply a critical amount of fiber to your eating routine. This will moderate absorption and make you feel full and bloated. For instance, only one measure of raspberries contains 8 grams of fiber. Organic products like blueberries are additionally a decent fruit for cancer prevention. This can bring down your circulatory strain, struggle of oxidative anxiety, and at times work at the DNA level to help in weight reduction.
- Fruits are high in the basic sugar fructose, which is the main reason why numerous individuals attempting to get thinner exclude it from their eating routine. Your liver processes fructose. It is the most common simple sugar that is sent to your brain, muscles and other organs to provide them with energy.
How fruits might help in weight loss?
- Concentrate on berries, small fruits that are rich in fiber. Raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, kiwis, plums, peaches, and small apples are the sorts of organic products you ought to go after first.
- Enjoy fruits in small quantities after every 3-4 hours. However, concentrate on eating more vegetables. Fruits are a great dietary measure, however vegetables, particularly green leafy or vegetables rich in fiber, need to be a part of your healthy diet plan.
- In case you have to cut carbs from your eating regimen, begin with grains and bland carbs and afterward move onto fruits. There comes a period in everybody's eating routine when they have to eat less. Make a conscious effort to eliminate the most sugar thick foods first (as they will be the most calorie-thick of your starches too). You will see that as the sugars and calories in your eating routine get lower, when you're truly beginning to focus on losing the unshakable fat, your organic product intake will be diminished.
As important as maintaining a healthy diet is for losing weight, it is equally important to eat other substitutes instead of sticking to an ordinary fruit diet. Taking fruits for a long period of time without any other form of food, can weaken your body because the body needs equal amounts of nutrients to function properly.
I want to lose my weight at least around 15 kgs. I want to join gym but I cannot because of my studies and busy schedule. Please give me options what to do.
I am very thin and slim I am a boy and tell me anything so that I may gain some weight now I am 30 kg I want to be 45.
Garlic is an herb. It is best known as a flavoring for food. But over the years, garlic has been used as a medicine to prevent or treat a wide range of diseases and conditions. The fresh clove or supplements made from the clove are used for medicine.
Garlic is used for many conditions related to the heart and blood system. These conditions include high blood pressure, high cholesterol, coronary heart disease, heart attack, and “hardening of the arteries” (atherosclerosis). Some of these uses are supported by science. Garlic actually may be effective in slowing the development of atherosclerosis and seems to be able to modestly reduce blood pressure.
Some people use garlic to prevent colon cancer, rectal cancer, stomach cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, and lung cancer. It is also used to treat prostate cancer and bladder cancer.
Garlic has been tried for treating an enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hyperplasia; BPH), diabetes, osteoarthritis, hayfever (allergic rhinitis), traveler's diarrhea, high blood pressure late in pregnancy (pre-eclampsia), cold and flu. It is also used for building the immune system, preventing tick bites, and preventing and treating bacterial and fungal infections.