Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Twinkle HariaYour feedback matters!
Walking is a low intense cardio exercise that is suitable for all age groups. For people with bone problems and back pain, walking is the perfect exercise. It is less stressful on the body and has similar benefits to running or jogging.
So if you are looking for reasons to jump on the bandwagon of walking as an exercise, here are a few:
- Good for the Heart: Running puts some amount of stress on your heart muscles, but does not seem to reduce the chances of premature death; whereas walking at a brisk pace puts less stress on the heart and considerably reduces the risk of premature death. Running may also cause inflammation in the muscles of the heart and increases free radicals in the body.
- Increases immunity: Walking has a beneficial effect on the immune system of the body vis-a-vis running. Running may induce conditions in the body which allow various bacterial infections like cold. You end up falling sick more often, if you run.
- Helps in weight loss: Walking is a steady state exercise resulting in moderate level of heart rate. Moderate heart rate sustained for 45-60 minutes is advised to lose fat. Running tends to raise the heart rate to drastic levels which cannot be sustained for long, thus leading to reduced fat loss.
- Stress on the joints: Running is a vigorous activity that places a lot of stress on the knee joints and the lower back. If you have conditions such as osteoarthritis and lower back pain, then running is a strict no for you. It is recommended to walk at a brisk pace for an hour every day for maximum benefits.
- Walking can be done anywhere: You can take a walk inside your office premises or even walk back to your home after work due to the light nature of the exercise. Running or jogging may require proper gear and may not be suitable for all places. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
Sir what is the reasons for obesity and how we can reduce our weight does wheat flour increase weight?
I am 18 years old boy and I used to go to Gym everyday so what are the Methods to increase my fat. Suggest me some food or anything I should plan with it.
My age is 22 and married. My weight 75. How to loss my weight? please say simply way. How to eat then I loss my weight?
I am sagar maurya of 13 years I am very very weak, I eat food much but I am not strong so, how am I fit.
I am diabetic and my sugar level is normal now and I am feeling uneasy and my creatinine is 1.1 and urea is 35 so please suggest me for my food and my daily life.
Hi I am 17 years old and my height is 6. 1 feets and weight is 90 how much weight should I loose and how?
How the dry fruits and nuts helpful in daily life. What is quantity to take everyday. Even the cancer patients (while taking chemotherapy and treatment) and diabetic people also can take dry fruits and nuts. Please give your opinion on this.
After using straightener on my hair, my hair got damaged and it became very much thinner and lesser hair on my head, dandruff and hairfall issues too, please tell me what should I apply on my hair so that my hair quality become good ,thicker and healthier. And how to stop hair fall and grow more hair.
I am 22 years old, (50kgs), so lean and underweight. Please do help me to get rid of this problem and tips to become fat.
I am a 21 years old male. I look lean but my weight is 70 Kg my height is 180 cm. My buttock muscle are big. I want to reduce it. And what should I do to reduce unwanted fat in body and gain more Bone and muscle mass. And one more thing what are the benefit of taking honey.
The thyroid gland is a tiny gland that produces the hormones which affect the body's metabolic process. When these hormones are produced in less or more quantities, it may result in an imbalance of the thyroid gland, leading to a range of thyroid issues including hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism and others. Overproduction or underproduction of the thyroid hormones can also cause a variety of other symptoms and conditions. While this affects the state of one's general well being, health and weight, it also has an effect on the patient's libido.
Let us learn more about the link between thyroid and sex:
- Thyroid in Men: Men who are suffering from hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism as well as related conditions like goitre or Garves Disease, have complained of sex related problems. These problems are known to affect at least 50% to 60% of the patients, as per various medical reports. The sex related issues include premature ejaculation, low sex drive, delayed ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, and others.
- Thyroid in Women: It has been found that almost 10% of women over the age of 50 suffer from some form or the other of thyroid hormone imbalance. Apart from fatigue, depression and muscle ache as well as weight alteration, depending on the type of thyroid problem, thyroid patients who are women have also experienced problems when it comes to libido. Sexual dysfunction and arousal problems are high on the list of these issues.
- Hormonal Treatment: One of the most common ways of treating this sex related thyroid problems for thyroid patients is through the use of hormonal therapy. Besides getting the testosterone, estrogen and other androgen levels checked, the patient must also get a full hormonal evaluation along with a check-up of the adrenal function. This can help in pointing any anomalies and the hormones that will require replacement with the help of appropriate medication.
- Optimal Drug Treatment: A T4 only drug or Levothyroxine can lead to a resolution of sexual problems that one encounters as a part of thyroid problems. There are many doctors who may switch to a T3 drug once the libido is restored and brought back to normal.
- Supplements: Men may require testosterone supplements, while women may need estrogen or progesterone supplements to tackle the sexual problems in such cases. These can be rendered as a patch or through an injection.
- Sex Therapy: In many cases, sex therapy considered as a popular and effective form of addressing the problems and helping the patients get around the same. This is especially helpful if depression is one of the symptoms of the thyroid disorder.
A thorough physical check-up also helps in treating such problems for thyroid patients.
Certain physical ailments are still a social taboo and are not discussed openly, but we need to understand that a problem can happen with anyone irrespective of their cast, creed and gender. Erectile dysfunction is a serious problem prevalent among men across the world. It is a disorder that records a higher percentage with the passing age. Erectile dysfunction or ED is treated as a social taboo, for most people think of it as a sign of lower masculinity. However, it is only a condition that may arise from a wide spectrum of reasons and is curable. While some medications involve the risk of side effects, homeopathy rules out this additional risk in its attempts of treating erectile dysfunction. Homeopathy carefully looks for the underlying causes leading to sexual incapacity in men and will, therefore, remedy the problem from its root cause.
Most common symptoms of Erectile Dysfunction :
- Difficulty in achieving an erection.
- Inability to perform in bed as the person ejaculates way before culmination and is unable to maintain an erection.
The following homeopathic medicines are known to treat instances of Erectile Dysfunction:
- Nux Vomica can better your sex life: Nux Vomica is prescribed by doctors to treat mild cases of erectile dysfunction. A dysfunction caused due to lack of rest, work pressure and a demanding competitive world can be treated with the use of Nux Vomica.
- Caladium can be effective: Many people suffer from sexual weakness due to their bad habits. Addiction of any kind might impair your sex life. People who consume tobacco should take Caladium to counter the ills of erectile dysfunction. People who are not aroused even after foreplay or oral sex should resort to this effective medicine. It is also known to treat apparent impotence resulting from acute psychological stress.
- Selenium can help you get an erection: Patients requiring selenium feel the pangs of sexual desire but face a weak or slow erection to consummate their desires. They experience fatigue after having sex or might even turn irritable after intercourse. Involuntary passage of seminal fluid during sleep, urination and pooping are some of the symptoms Selenium takes care of.
- Lycopodium can help you regain confidence in bed: This medication is prescribed by many professional homeopathic practitioners. It is a sought after medicine in the world of homeopathy. In younger adults, erectile dysfunction could be the result of very frequent or rather regular masturbation. Indulging in random sexual activities can also lead to premature ejaculation. Lycopodium helps these cases. However, in older men, the presence of sex drive might be unaffected but there is insufficient erection to have intercourse.
1. Hot peppers
Jalapeno, habanero, cayenne and other forms of spicy peppers directly boost metabolism and circulation. In fact, eating hot peppers not only speeds up your metabolism, it also reduces cravings. This is related to its capsaicin content, a compound that stimulates the body’s pain receptors, temporarily increasing blood circulation and metabolic rate. If you have ever experienced a bout of intense sweating after eating a particularly hot tamale, this shouldn’t come as a surprise.
2. Whole grains: oatmeal and brown rice
Whole grains are full of nutrients and complex carbohydrates that speed up metabolism by stabilizing our insulin levels. Slow-release carbs, such as oatmeal, brown rice and quinoa offer long-lasting energy, without the spikes associated with other sugar-rich foods. We want to keep our insulin levels low, as spikes in this chemical tell the body that it needs to begin storing extra fat.
High in calcium (a known weight-reducer), broccoli is also extraordinarily high in vitamins c, k and a. One serving of broccoli will also provide you with plenty of folate and dietary fiber, plus a variety of antioxidants. Broccoli is also one of the best detox foods you can add to your diet.
One study on soup done at penn state university found that the liquid goodness offered an appetite reducing combination of liquids and solids that reduced intake of excess foods, speeding up the metabolism and burning fat. In the study, women chose one of three 270-calorie snacks before lunch.
5. Green tea
It is now a well-known fact, through multiple scientific studies, that green tea extract can significantly boost the metabolism, as well as provide a variety of other health benefits. Green tea is delicious and it’s also rich in antioxidants that actively fight harmful free radicals!
6. Apples and pears
Studies show that these two fruits help boost metabolism and speed up weight loss. Research performed by the state university of rio de janeiro found that women eating three small apples or pears daily lost more weight than women who did not. Organic apples are one of the most widely available organic fruits and pears aren’t too hard to find either, great news!
From cayenne to garlic to cinnamon, spices are one of the best ways you can keep your metabolic rates high. Especially speedy are the more pungent spices such as black pepper, mustard seeds, powdered onion and ginger. A canadian study found that using spices enabled people to burn up to 1,000 more calories daily than those not incorporating spices into their diet.
8. Citrus fruits
Fruits like grapefruit have been shown to help us burn fat and keep our metabolism high. This could be related to the fruits’ high amount of vitamin C, a helpful and healthful component that reduces insulin spikes.
9. Foods high in calcium
People who consumed 1, 200-1, 300 milligrams of calcium a day lost almost double the amount of weight as those who were not getting enough calcium in their diet. To help boost your metabolism, eat plenty of foods high in calcium. If you are unable to get enough of these foods, then you should consider taking a calcium supplement. There are many types of calcium and I recommend calcium orotate for maximum efficacy.
10. Foods high in omega-3’s
Eating foods that are high in omega-3 fatty acids is a great way to boost your metabolism. These acids reduce the production of a hormone called leptin, a natural chemical that lowers your metabolism. Animal studies done at the university of wisconsin found that lab mice with low leptin levels produced faster metabolic rates than mice with higher levels of the hormone.
Please keep in mind that there are many other nutritional sources of omega-3 fatty acids, besides fish. These foods include many nuts and seeds. Hemp oil and flax seed oil are both great additions to your diet because they are naturally high in essential fatty acids.
11. Purified water
While it’s not exactly a food, it is a metabolism booster. A german study found that drinking water speeds up fat burning. It is also a natural appetite suppressant and detoxifier.
I am trying to reduce my weight from last one year. I have irregular scehdules and work loads. Still manage to do exercise. What is the best exercise or food to reduce?
Are you in your 30s or 40s and frequently experience frequent neck, back or shoulder pain? do you feel tired easily or feel weak inspite of a regular routine of jogging? may your core is to blame for that.
Core muscles of the body include the shoulder, chest, back and pelic muscles. A strong core is quintessential requirement for mainting a fit and healthy body.
Poor core strength leads to poor posture, frequent neck, shoulder and back pain and easy fatiguability in performing physical tasks.
Thus if you want to avoids such health problems you should incorporate some form of core strenghthening exercises. Choose from a mix of swimming, plank, burpee, superman exercises (u can google what these exercises and u'l find plenty of links) in addition to your routine jogging/walkingetc. U'l see plenty of youtube videos on core strengthening.
A strong core leads to a strong and fit body. Happy exercising.