Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Smruti MehtaYour feedback matters!
I always drink a juice which is a mixture of tomato, ginger, n lemon. And 500 ml water. I want to ask tomato seeds are included in that juice so I hope there is no. Side effects of tomato seeds. please tell me. There is problem or not.
Does over sleep, increases our body weight? Or immediate sleep after eating cause to increase weight?
I have a desk job and in last 2 years, my weight has gone up 45 kg to 50 kg. I want to lose weight. Please help me.
I am 40 years old man and is facing a problem of frequent urination. I am not diabetic. I just want to know the reason for frequent urination especially during stress or excitation. I think it is related to prostrate gland as in my teen age I have done one ultrasound and it says acute prostates. Please advise.
Hi i'm 25 pregnant women, m gaining weight 2 kg per month .I want to control. Even m doing exercise .But I can't control .Any other way to control the gaining weight.
Hi am Vimala ,24 years old but am not looking like 24 because my body weight is too high what can I do to reduce my weight.
Im gaining weight after delivery as I delivered twins babies but now my babies are 19 months old im not feeding them my milk my food intake is also decrease then also i'm unable to loose my weight so can you give me some tips about diet.
Hello I am a female my age is 27 and my problem is that I want to reduce my weight, I prefer being fit so please provide me with an effective remedy to reduce my weight while being at home also with some exercising tips. Thank you.
What causes warts? Can we prevent it?
Warts are small formations that occur on the skin. They appear in the form of dark protruding bumps or brown flat lesion on the skin surface. Sometimes they might also have tiny black specks on them. Warts usually form on the hands, feet, face and genitals, although they may appear on other parts of the body in some cases.
What causes the formation of warts?
Common warts are caused due to infection of the outermost layer of skin that occurs as a result of viral contamination. The virus that is responsible for this condition belongs to the human papillomavirus (HPV) family.
This infection is highly contagious and easily spreads from one person to the next. It is most likely to occur on skin that is cut or damaged as that allows easy access for the virus to enter the skin system.
How to prevent the formation of warts?
Common warts are contagious and spread very easily. Preventing the spread of the HPV virus can be done through simple steps that will help you avoid getting affected by this condition.
Some of the preventive measures that can be adopted are as follows:
- picking and scratching on warts should be avoided
- avoid biting fingernails as gnawing on the skin around the nails makes it more prone to infection
- grooming, brushing and shaving around infected areas should be done with care
- moisture and dampness should be avoided as the virus thrives on it
Do not self-medicate with lime (chuna), garlic, onion or Dettol.
Wart removal should be done by a qualified dermatologist. It is simple, safe opd procedure which takes few minutes only and does not leave any scars.
I am a diabetic patient for the last 8 yrs, I take glycinorm m-80 one in the afternoon, one in the night, at 4 p. M I take glyree 2, my fasting reading is always variying from 130-170, my hba1c reading is not more than 7. 1, what is your suggestion
According to many fitness experts, swimming can be an effective and rigorous fitness workout for people of all age, and everyone should try to hit the pool every day. While this is a regular regime for some, many are into a misconception that swimming is like child’s play. There are also those who think that swimming is not an effective form of weight loss. But the reality is that swimming is one of the best cardio exercises, and you must include it in your regular fitness regime.
And, in case you are running out of reasons to indulge in swimming, here are a few important points to convince you.
- Swimming is good for heart health: Swimming is known to provide an unparalleled conditioning of cardiovascular health if you can practice it with an untainted consistency. Even though other kinds of exercise such as running or cycling can be more effective to boost the levels of metabolism, you should include swimming in cross-training routine. Pushing yourself to swim regularly will improve the overall fitness.
- Helps in balancing the structure of muscles: Swimming aids in building longer and leaner muscles which complement the denser muscles produced from weight training. These newly formed muscles also aid in speeding up the metabolism process for keeping the calorie for burning longer.
- Swimming is an excellent form of cross-training: Swimming helps in improving the cardiovascular capacity and increase muscle strength. But the reason why swimming is famous among fitness enthusiasts is that swimming offers the much-needed break from the high impact workouts such as weight-lifting, running and basketball. It allows athletes a respite from the regular intensive routine and helps the body to heal properly without compromising the daily fitness sessions.
- Swimming helps in improving the overall flexibility of the muscles: Hitting the pool gradually relaxes the major muscle groups in the body and increase flexibility along with stretching it. If you indulge in lactic acid building workouts such as weight-lifting, cycling and running, swimming for half an hour assists in flushing out the toxins and spare the muscles from becoming tight and sore the following day.
- Assists in strengthening the core: One of the most prominent reasons why you should hit the pool regularly is that it helps in improving the core body strength. This is due to utilisation of the major muscle groups at the same time. Even though about 70 percent of the body’s effort rises from the upper portion, moves such as fin and kickboard can offer an excellent lower body workout.
To sum up, these benefits are definite to compel anyone to consider swimming on a regular basis and improve the quality of life without hurting the muscles. And in no time, you would start enjoying it too!" If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.
My Mom is having constant pain in one leg till waist, done with health package, everything is normal Vitamin D deficiency found, she is having diabetes as well. At she has taken vitamin D injection as well but with no relief. Can anyone of you suggest me something Experts views are most welcome.
I am really thin. I eat lots of foods and vegetables but I didn't got fatty. Please help me to increase weight. Please.
My hips are not hard and solid like men they are more like females even though I exercise on regular basis. Can this be some underlying problem. If so what is the solution.
Can anyone suggest a daily diet routine (veg-non veg both) which I can follow in order to gain weight. I am very skinny weighting around 52 kgs and height around 160-165 cms. Currently I have 3 chappites with vegetable 3 times a day, with salads sometimes. Non veg once in a month, eggs sometimes, usually I skip breakfast as I wake up a bit late. Any scope of improvement in my diet?(a diet plan).
The abdominal region is in some sense an indicator of smart appearance it is desirable to follow a flat soft abdomen also abdominal muscles
1. Take a ball of appropriate size
2. Keep a flood blanket in front
3. Lie prone on the mat
4. Flex the knee and positions the ball below the feet
5. Flex the elbows raise the torsa and rest the forarm so the blanket