Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Shoma
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. ShomaYour feedback matters!
Hypertension or High Blood Pressure can trigger as well as worsen complications related to diabetes. Most people suffering from diabetes tend to develop hypertension later in their lives. Diabetes tends to increase one’s blood pressure, making him/her even more vulnerable to other heart diseases and cardio-vascular disorders. Diabetes often leads to a condition known as atherosclerosis, which is the hardening of the arteries. A combination of diabetes and hypertension drastically increases the risk of suffering from a heart disease. The risks of kidney diseases and retinopathy (damage to the tiny blood vessels present in the retina) also go up, resulting in blindness. With age, chronic hypertension can also result in numerous cognitive disorders such as dementia or Alzheimer’s disease (degenerative mental disorder).
Diabetes and high blood pressure complications-
Having diabetes increases your risk of developing high blood pressure and other cardiovascular problems, because diabetes adversely affects the arteries, predisposing them to atherosclerosis (narrowing of the arteries). Atherosclerosis can cause high blood pressure, which if not treated, can lead to further blood vessel damage, and stroke, heart failure, heart attack or kidney failure.
Compared with people with normal blood pressure readings, men and women with hypertension have an increased risk of:
- Coronary artery disease ( heart disease)
- Peripheral vascular disease (narrowing of the arteries in the legs and feet)
- Heart failure
Even high yet normal blood pressure or pre-hypertension (defined as 120-139/ 80-89 millimetres of mercury or mmHg) has an impact on your health. Studies show that people with normal yet high range blood pressure readings, over a 10-year period of follow up time, had a two to three-fold increased risk of heart disease.
How to prevent Diabetes and Hypertension?
- Walking for about 40 minutes each day or engaging in any type of aerobic exercise can better one’s heart health. Chalk out an exercise plan upon consulting the doctor
- Limit drinking and abstain from smoking
- Go for regular kidney check-ups
- Eat food rich in fiber such as vegetables, fruits, breads or whole grain cereals
- Examine blood pressure as well as blood sugar levels regularly at home
- Practice relaxation techniques such as meditation or yoga to cut down on stress level; as stress is one of the major contributors to diabetes and the subsequent hypertension
- Shed off your extra pounds as blood pressure escalates with weight
I want to increase my height and reduce my weight without much physical efforts. I am currently taking speed height capsules for increasing my height.
Hello sir I am twenty one years old boy. I am leaving I ratlam city. Sir I am not feeling well since I ate 5 samosa yesterday night and I womate twice in a day. So please sir help me to get out of this. Thank you.
While jasmine is one of the most beautiful flowers used to adorn a woman’s hair, there are more benefits to this beautiful small flower. This flower, which only blooms at night has a strong aroma which fills its surroundings with its strong scent. The juice extracted from this fruit also has a strong aroma and high therapeutic value. From times immemorial, jasmine oil has been used widely in various medicinal areas. The important compounds which give it the required medicinal value are listed below:
- Benzoic Acid
- Benzyl Alcohol
- Benzyl Acetate
- Benzyl Benzoate
The various medicinal properties of jasmine oil are listed below.
- Antidepressant: It stimulates the production of hormones like serotonin which induces a happy feeling and uplifts mood. It is no wonder then that jasmine is always associated with love and happiness.
- Skin benefits: One of the best ways to improve moisturization to the skin is to apply jasmine oil, which helps remove dryness and itchiness of the skin.
- Antispasmodic: It is one of the well-known spasm relaxants. Whether it is cramps in the intestinal tract or the respiratory tract, jasmine oil can help. It is also useful during menstrual cramps and relieves spasms from labor pains. Massaging the pelvic area with jasmine oil improves the production of hormones and improves overall uterine health.
- Antiseptic: It has various chemicals belonging to the benozy family including benzoyl peroxide and benzoyl alcohol. This is useful when applied as a topical agent, where it controls infection. It can also be inhaled after adding to steam so that the respiratory infections are cured. It also is known to prevent tetanus infection.
- Aphrodisiac: Jasmine is believed to treat problems like premature ejaculation, performance anxiety, and improve sex hormone levels.
- Sedative: One of the best ways to get a long, restful sleep is to use jasmine oil. Massage it over the head and see it works its sedative properties. It also helps control anger, frustration, anxiety, depression, and promotes an overall feeling of well-being.
- Expectorant: One of the best home remedies to clear up cough and congestion in the lungs in inhaling vapor to which some jasmine oil has been added. With the other added benefits, jasmine oil provides overall relief and clears up the respiratory tract.
- Uterine benefits: Jasmine oil is used to regulate menstrual cycles and treat cramps associated with menstrual cycles. It is also used during pregnancy for massaging the pelvis area to relieve pressure and tone the uterus.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!