Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Borivali West and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. S L Patil ( Laser Therapy For Joint And Spine Pain )Your feedback matters!
Sir I am 58 years old and my fasting sugar is 110 and my PP is above 140 and I am taking DIOBINIL 250 mg once in the morning and night after food. But I feel very tired all times and please advice on the reason for tiredness and its remedy and medication for it.
I am 21 year old and I am too thin my weight is only 47 kg. Please give me some suggestion to improve my body.
Please tell me since one month I am having purplish nail beds and frequent headaches. I have also been done with a stomach xray ,lung xray and blood test ,the reports were absolutely normal. I am just 13 years old. Please help me.
I eat very much but I don't get fat. I am very lean. My height is 6.2 and weight 70. I want to build my body.
Hi doctor, I am losing my weight. I can not eat the food properly. My legs are very weak and my half head is paining daily. please advice me.
My grand father and my mom are suffering with diabetes will it come with jeans and if yes how to take prevention actions.
Meri age 25 h and I am married. Mera weight 47 kg h.mujhe weight increase karne k lye kuch tips btaiye.
She Gave you the Gift of Life! While you simply can’t repay her, these 5 Mother’s Day gifts are the next best thing!
Our mothers spend most of their time worrying about everyone else, brushing aside and ignoring her own health conditions. Although, we can't repay her back, but we surely can take care of her, as with growing age our mothers are often are at risk of a range of health conditions including menopause, bone diseases, heart problems and even breast cancer. This Mother’s Day, rather than pretty trinkets, gift her something more long lasting and meaningful; let us give her the gift of health.
Here’s 5 super gift ideas to get you started:
- Help her detox and be stronger, with Yoga: Whether she is a stay-at-home mom or a working mother, Yoga is a great way for her to detox from a stressful working day. Get your mom a Yoga mat and enroll her in Yoga classes, this Mother’s Day. There are numerous benefits of Yoga, not only will it help her burn calories and stay fit, but also the strengthening poses will help her be healthier from within while the deep breathing techniques will help keep the stress of daily life at bay.
- Chart out a healthy yet delicious diet plan for her: A great way to help your mother is to help her get on the healthy track that is to create a diet chart for her. After charting out a healthy yet delicious diet plan for her, the more crucial element is execution, so make sure that she follows it. A healthy diet is essential for her, in order to fight against any health issues. Her diet should include green leafy salads, fruit and vegetables, yoghurt, lentils, and protein rich food. Also women at this age are highly susceptible to bone disease and ailments such as osteoporosis. Ensure that her intake of Calcium and Vitamin D is apropriate to fight the same. You can include delicious recipes for highly nutritional meals, along with the diet plan. A great way to get her excited about this is by being proactive, this Mother’s Day- Cook up one of those delectable healthy meals for your mom and bring her breakfast in bed! If you think special attention would work better, book her a consultation with a dietician who can give her a more professional evaluation and recommendation.
- Treat her like the Queen with a spa voucher: Mothers are superheroes, but even superheroes need a mini vacation (If not a full vacation). A soothing day at the spa could be just the switch off mode she needs to go into. Gift your mother a spa coupon this Mother’s Day, for her to enjoy some no-holds barred pampering. However, once a year is not enough for someone with so many responsibilities to de-stress. Therefore, along with a coupon, make sure that your mother has certain DIY pampering options handy all year round. From soothing herbal oils, loofahs, bath salts, scrubs and hand held body massagers to an electronic neck or back massager; enable your mother to have a spa treatment whenever her heart desires, from the comfort of her home.
- Ensure she has regular, health check-ups: While Mother’s Day is just once a year, you love your mom and want her to be healthy all 365 days. To maintain good health, one needs regular health check-ups. Either moms are too busy to find the time or they tend to not give enough importance, to their own health check-up. While on Mother’s Day you can gift her a full body check up (which everyone should get at least once a year), you can ensure that your mother is healthy on a daily basis, by keeping track of any conditions that she is suffering from and following up with relevant check ups, treatment and other procedures as necessary. Visit the doctor/clinic with her. Not only will you ensure that those visits actually happen at the frequency they should, but also the kind of moral and emotional support she will get from you through this will go a long way in keeping her healthy and happy.
- Help her gear up to stay fit and healthy: The key to staying healthy and fit is regular exercise. While Yoga works effectively for holistic health and well-being, it still may not be enough for your mom to attain all her health and fitness goals. If getting her to join the gym is out of question, bring the gym to her by buying convenient and compact workout equipment such as a treadmill or a spin bike. Not only can she attain major health goals from the comfort of her home, but also you guys can work out together, which will motivate her and even give you more time to bond.
Sir I am very thin and lean suggest me some tips to cure muscle are also not building loose outfit ,weight is 64, height 5'9" age 22.
My wife has taken a mifestone pill (mankind) yesterday night but till today afternoon (15hrs) had no bleeding, what is the reason and when should the remaining tablets needs to be taken. Also she is complaining of uneasiness. We had the ultrasound done. Please help!
Sometimes I really get tired by doing a little hard work and I feel weaknesses in my body why is it so please reply.
My daughter is 15 years but she has put ion weight her height is 5.5 but weight is 67 kg. Can you please suggest some medicines to reduce her weight.
Cashew nuts or Kajus as we know them in India are widely loved and used in almost every course of food, from starters and snacks to the main course to dessert. Apart from being a delectable food, it also has numerous health benefits. Few of them are:
- When compared to other nuts, they contain low fat content which is in the form of oleic acid. Oleic acid is good for the heart. Cashews also happen to be free of cholesterol and have anti-oxidants which help keep the heart healthy.
- Magnesium present in the cashews helps them to prevent the rise in blood pressure.
- One major benefit of cashew nuts is that they help fight cancer. They have high copper content and also have flavonoids called proanthocyanidins which help fight cancer cells in colon cancer.
- The copper in cashews helps in maintaining the right color of the hair.
- Cashews have magnesium and calcium, both of which are important for bone health.
- The magnesium in cashews ensures that there is enough magnesium on the bones' surface and calcium cannot enter the nerve cells, thus ensuring healthy nerves.
- Cashews have selenium, magnesium, and copper which all act as antioxidants.
- They help in growth, digestion, and development of the body.
- Despite being considered fatty, cashews have good cholesterol. Despite popular belief, it is good to eat cashew at least once or twice a week.
- The risk of developing gallstones reduces by one-fourth, with a daily intake of cashew nuts. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.