Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Borivali West and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. S L Patil ( Laser Therapy For Joint And Spine Pain )
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. S L Patil ( Laser Therapy For Joint And Spine Pain )Your feedback matters!
I am underweight. What should I do for weight gain? Is protein powders available in market have side effects on body?
I am diabetic 45 years old female. I feel burning in my feet. Why?what is the reason? What is d cure ?plz help.
Diabetic neuropathy is a nerve disorder caused by diabetes. The high blood sugar from diabetes affects the nerves and over time increases a person's risk for nerve damage. Keeping blood sugar levels within the target range recommended by your doctor helps prevent diabetic neuropathy.
Types of Diabetic Neuropathy:
Diabetic neuropathy can be classified as Peripheral, Autonomic, Proximal, or Focal. Each affects different parts of the body in various ways...
Peripheral neuropathy, the most common type of diabetic neuropathy, causes pain or loss of feeling in the toes, feet, legs, and hands.
Autonomic neuropathy affects the nerves that control involuntary body functions such as digestion, bowel and bladder function, sexual response, and perspiration. It can also affect the nerves that serve the heart and control blood pressure, as well as nerves in the lungs and eyes. Autonomic neuropathy can also cause hypoglycemia unawareness, a condition in which people no longer experience the warning symptoms of low blood glucose levels.
Proximal neuropathy causes pain in the thighs, hips, arms, or buttocks and leads to weakness in the legs and hands, resulting in difficulty in walking, standing, picking up objects, buttoning your clothes, etc.
Focal neuropathy results in the sudden weakness of one nerve or a group of nerves, causing muscle weakness or pain. Any nerve in the body can be affected.
How Diabetes Causes Damage to the Nervous System?
There are several factors that are likely to contribute to nerve damage through diabetes...
- High blood glucose, a condition associated with diabetes, causes chemical changes in nerves. These changes impair the nerves' ability to transmit signals.
- High glucose levels affect many metabolic pathways in the nerves, leading to an accumulation of a sugar called sorbitol and depletion of a substance called myoinositol. These changes are the mechanism that causes nerve damage. Nitric oxide dilates blood vessels. In a person with diabetes, low levels of nitric oxide may lead to constriction of blood vessels supplying the nerve, contributing to nerve damage.
- Presence of mechanical injury like carpal tunnel syndrome in a diabetic patient worsens its symptoms and prognosis
- inherited traits increase susceptibility to nerve disease
- lifestyle factors, such as smoking or alcohol use
- Numbness, burning sensations, tingling, or pain in the toes, feet, legs, hands, arms, and fingers
- Either hypersensitivity to touch or insensitivity, even to hot and cold temperatures
- Weakness in muscles and loss of reflexes
- indigestion, nausea, or vomiting
- diarrhea or constipation
- dizziness or faintness due to a drop in blood pressure after standing or sitting up
- problems with urination
- Changes in gait and balance
- Injuries that are taking longer to heal and are more prone to infections
Prevent Diabetic Nerve Damage:
Keeping your blood sugar levels in your target range, set with your doctor, may help prevent nerve damage from ever developing. The best way to do this is by checking your blood sugar and adjusting your treatment. It is also important to get to and stay at a healthy weight by exercising and eating healthy foods.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
Boost up your metabolism, take off your weight:
How can you boost your metabolism? if you make a goal to keep off your weight gain by increasing your metabolism and like to stick to it, nothing can resist you to attain it. Constant efforts help you to burn your calories.
Probably, you have heard that people like to blame their weight on slow metabolism. But the metabolism can be increased by taking diet properly and doing exercise daily. Someone with high metabolic rate is able to burn calories more efficiently than someone with low metabolic rate.
Is there any possible way to boost up your metabolism?
Diet and physical activities help to rev up your metabolism and doing so it contributes to cut down the weight too. Keeping on the maintenance of lower weight helps to speed up the metabolism you were born with, it can't be happen without constant effort.
If you have tremendous success in losing weight up to a certain point but then suddenly stop seeing results, at that time you encounter a plateau where the people's metabolism has slowed to match their new level of fitness. The metabolism doesn't have to work as hard because there is less body mass to fuel. The person with slower metabolic rate need to boost his metabolism, who will always have to work harder to keep his weight off than a naturally lean person.
You have to need to make some changes in your diet and physical activities so that you can continue to reduce your weight by speed up your metabolism and also these changes could bump you off your fitness plateau :
1. Change your physical activities- You have to increase your intensity and duration of workout gradually. Increase your metabolism by incorporating both cardio and weight training will help to increase your lean muscle mass to burn calories and can try to do some different types of exercise like swimming, bicycling, brisk walking etc.
Aerobic exercise is the most efficient way to burn calories. If you doing so, it will help to break down the plateau.
2. Change your diet- You must have to include complex carbohydrates at least 50 percent in your daily diet so that it will help to your body properly fueled and also include more lean protein.
Omega 3 fats can boost you metabolism than saturated fats which slows down the metabolism. If you plan to consume diet with few complex carbohydrates and more lean proteins for few days, it will definitely help to cut off the fitness plateau.
3. Change your lifestyle at some extent- Either you are taking the meals every couple of hours or some number of meals in a day, should be fit in your lifestyle.
Eat everyday at same time as what will be your meal time, have breakfast daily at same time, then you will be less likely to binge later in the day and will also help you to boost up youmetabolism.
Drinking plenty of water is healthful in many reasons but won't help to boost your metabolism, it will help to cut down on the amount of calories you will eat.
Don't eat close to bedtime because doing it so won't increase your metabolism, but it will resist you to put on your weight by eating up extra calories.
There are many dietary supplements claim that these will help to accelerate individual's metabolism and help to burn calories or reduce weight. They attracts people who are overwhelmed to loosing their weight. So, people can't analyze that these can have some side effects. The fact is there's no magical stick or pill or bullet help to lose your weight. It only comes down by doing proper physical activities and taking proper diet.