Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Ruchita RupaniYour feedback matters!
Kya red meat acha food hai. Or hai to ye healt k liye kitna acha hai or iske benefits kya hai. Finally kya ye ek good food h.
I am 21 years old but I look like a small school going girl becoz of small height and weak. So how can I gain weight and look like youngsters?
Drug abuse is characterized by the excessive use of illegal drugs, prescription drugs or even over-the-counter drugs. Drug abuse eventually leads to drug dependency whereby the drug begins to take control over you and affects your daily activities as well as your physical health.
Treatment of drug abuse normally involves a series of steps to be undertaken. These are:
- Group therapy
- Drug addiction
Furthermore, treatment of drug abuse generally follows a 12-step program which continues even after the treatment as a part of the recovery process.
Detoxification, or simply detox, is a procedure involving medical care while attempting to deal with withdrawal symptoms after your initial break from drug use. Since dealing with withdrawal symptoms can be quite problematic, you will certainly have to consult a doctor who will probably prescribe you certain medications.
There are different types of therapy needed to overcome the problem of drug abuse. These include:
- Group therapy, where you can interact your problems with other people who are going through the same ordeal.
- Motivational interviewing (mi), where you can resolve mixed feelings with regard to quitting and treatment.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), where you can learn to take control over your actions as well as change your thought and behavior pattern in order to adjust to a drug-free life.
- Motivational enhancement therapy (met), where motivational interviewing is used to help give you more motivation with respect to quitting drug consumption.
- Family counseling, or even couples therapy, where you can learn how to stay drug-free as well as improve your relationship with your family members or with your partner.
Treatment programs are often similar to therapies and are classified into three types:
- Inpatient treatment
- Outpatient treatment
- Residential treatment.
- do not forget to take the medicines as prescribed by the doctor.
Here is a list of the colors of your urine which conveys how your health is.
1) Colorless or transparent - If you are having colorless pee, then it means you are drinking just a lot of water. You can afford to reduce it.
2) Pale straw color - It is the normal, healthy color, which indicates that you are well-hydrated.
3) Transparent yellow - Having transparent yellow pee is normal. But you might want to add an extra glass of water to your day.
4) Dark Yellow - An indication that although you have normal hydration, you should still consider having some more water regularly.
5) Amber or Honey Color - It is an indication of decreased hydration. So, go ahead and drink some water right away.
6) Syrup or Brown Ale Color - Can be an indication of severe dehydration or liver disease. Consult your doctor if it persists.
7) Pink to Reddish - Beets, blueberries or rhubarb can be fruits that can cause pinkish urine. But if you haven't eaten them, then it might be blood or a sign of infection. It is recommended that you contact a doctor.
8) Orange - Indication of dehydration or a liver or bile duct condition. Consider discussing it with a doctor.
9) Blue or Green - A result of genetic condition or food dye. You can contact your doctor to ascertain the reason. Usually, it is harmless.
10) Foaming - Fizzing or foaming pee isn't actually a problem, if occasional. But otherwise, it might indicate kidney troubles. Consult a doctor accordingly.
If you have any further questions on issues, click on 'consult.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I have 2 year old boy. He is more active. But problem is that his weight is not as per his age. His weight is only 9.5 kgs. Birth weight is 3.1 kgs. please suggest me some remedies for weight gaining. He is moody for food.
hello sir my name is alok Inspite of eating lot I didn't gain weight My hands and arms looks skinny. Even the medium size" M" do not gets fit to me. I feel you comfortable in front of my friends group. Among them I am the only skinny person. Sir I want the muscular body to improve my status and personality. Please suggest me the best medical advise.
Whole grains are much more healthier than refined grains as whole grains contain things such as germ and bran, consumption of which is highly beneficial for the health. However, refined grains do not have the outer layers i.e. bran and has only the endosperm. Brown rice, quinoa, oatmeal and buckwheat are a few types of whole grains which are preferred over refined grains such as white rice, flour etc. Whole grains add a whole lot of nutrition to the food you consume.
Here are a few reasons why you should replace refined grains with whole grains:
Whole grains are more nutritious: When compared to refined grains, whole grains preserve a lot of nutrients, such as protein and fibre, which help in digestion and make one feel satiated for a long period of time. The whole grains are also packed with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and healthy fats which add to the nutritional value of the food you consume. Thus, you get more nutritious food for the amount you pay which is usually lost when the grains are refined.
You lose more fat: The higher amount of fibre present in whole grains help in regulating the flow of blood. This reduces the risks of diabetes and because the nutritional value of whole grains is so high, it makes you feel full faster that reduces the portion you consume on a daily basis. This leads to weight loss due to portion control.
They help with the process of digestion: Whole grains have digestive benefits as well. The high fibre content helps in regulating the movement of bowels and helps in getting rid of diverticulosis (development of small pouches in the digestive tract). Diverticulosis causes inflammation, diarrhoea, pain and constipation. Whole grains are also rich in lactic acid that regulates the spread of good bacteria in the large intestine area.
Thus, when compared to refined grains, the health and nutritional benefits are huge which is why you should replace the refined grains with whole grains. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My cousin brother is only 18yrs. He is having slight chest pain intermittently. He is very thin. Not having any other symptoms.
I'm suffering from diabetes and blood pressure kindly suggest me proper medicine or salt to cure this disease.
Hi my age is 20 years 68 kgs my weight and my height is 4.8 inches I became so fatty seems I had sex with my boyfriend I am gaining weight alot. But from one I d'd had sex but even though I am gaining weight please suggest me what I should do.
Hello Doctors, My girlfriend is going to US, I have very less time with her, I am too much depressed as one year ago I left US opportunity to be with her, she lives with her family so we couldn't get proper time, I want to have sex before she go, is it okay, will it suppress my missing to her. please suggest.
Sir/Mam, Height-5.65ft, Weight-51kg, as per good health, my weight would be 57-64 kg, I have been trying to gain my weight since 1year, so, can you help me with your suggestion
My sugar level fasting varies from 120 to 140 but two hours after breakfast it is always below 140. Am I diabetic.
I am 19. My weight is 48 and height is 5'8. I am a skinny boy. I am too thin. I don't want to be a bodybuilder. I just don't want to be thin thats it. What should I do please explain briefly.
I want to increase my weight. I have tried everything bt its not increasing. please help me. What I hve to do to increase my weight.
How can I reduce weight without any exercise. I have no time to do exercise because of my studying purpose I have to do journey a lot. Please help me. My weight is increasing day by day. I eat little bit food only. Please help me doctors.
Yoga is a complete workout of body and mind, and is a combination of stretching along with deep breathing and meditation. It is a way of keeping yourself fit without doing strenuous workouts and lifting heavy weights.
Ayurveda is the ancient Indian medical science, which treats an illness or a disease using natural ingredients. Ayurvedic treatment has been proven to be the most effective in cases of asthma, paralysis, joint pain, headache and gynecological issues. The following points emphasize the relation between Yoga and Ayurveda:
1. Aim at ensuring mental peace: Yoga and Ayurveda both are extremely powerful in treating medical issues as well as in delivering mental peace. Ayurveda uses diets, herbs, shrubs, meditation and pranayama for treating purpose. Both of them are interrelated branches of India's ancient knowledge.
2. Based on similar principles: The principles of Trigunas i.e. Sattva, Rajas and Tamas and the principles of panchamahabuthas i.e. fire, water, air, space and earth are the base of Yoga and Ayurveda. Both of them are based on the basic principles of the body, such as working procedures of the body and effects of food and medicine on our body.
3. Share common beliefs: Both Yoga and Ayurveda have a common belief regarding healthy body as the two believe that a healthy and balanced mind result in a healthy body. Both of them have the similar metaphysical anatomy and physiology that consist of 7 primary chakras (centers of energy), 5 bodily sheaths, 72,000 nadis (subtle channels) and the Kundalini Shakti (energy). Yoga and Ayurveda both believe that in order to fulfill the four aims of life it is necessary to keep your body healthy. The four aims are:
- Dharma (duty)
- Artha (wealth)
- Kama (desire)
- Moksha (liberation)
4. Similar treatment measures: For the purpose of treatment, Yoga and Ayurveda, both use meditation and pranayama practices. For improving the mental and physical health, both of them use body purification procedures, herbs & natural ingredients and chanting of mantras. The body purification procedure is known as 'Shatkriyas' in Yoga and as 'Panchakarma' in Ayurveda.
Many Yoga practitioners add Ayurvedic remedies to your daily routines because Yoga and Ayurveda together are powerful mediums that maintain your body, breath, senses, mind and chakras. Together Yoga and Ayurveda work excellently and cure you naturally with no side effects.
Related Tip: "Yoga Vs Gym"