Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can view profiles of all Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Ruchita Jain
Weight Loss Treatment
Management of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorder
Treatment of Diet
Treatment of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorders
Customised Diet Chart
Treatment of Vitamin Deficiency
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Treatment of Vitamin D Deficiency
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Management of Obesity and related Disorders
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Bulimia Treatment & Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Management of Diet in Stones
Submit a review for Dt. Ruchita JainYour feedback matters!
My age is 32 I have PCOD Problem. My weight is 62. I have to loose my weight What diet should I follow. Please tell me the diet and exercises should I need.
Everyone forgets things once in a while, but for some people this forgetfulness can be a sign of a bigger problem. People who cannot remember important information about their life may be said to be suffering from dissociative amnesia. This can cause memory loss of specific events and themes or make the person forget a majority of their identity and history in general. This dissociative disorder can be mild or be severe enough to affect the daily functioning of a person.
Lost memories cannot be brought back with treatment but treatment can help a person suffering from this disorder reconnect with people and feel secure in their surroundings. The treatment of this condition must be customized to the person’s symptoms. Some forms of treatment for dissociative amnesia are:
- Psychotherapy: This is also known as talk therapy as it largely involves conversations between the patient and doctor. It is the main form of therapy used to treat this condition and can also act as an umbrella for many other types of therapy.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy: Cognitive therapy focuses on changing the person’s behaviour. It focuses on thinking patterns and feelings that are harmful to the person self-image.
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing: Dissociative amnesia is often associated with traumatic events. In such cases eye movement desensitization and reprocessing is used to address symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorders such as nightmares and flashbacks.
- Dialectic behaviour therapy: People who have suffered from abuse or trauma may have severe personality disturbances which may include dissociative amnesia. In such cases, dialectic behaviour therapy may be used.
- Family therapy: Dissociative amnesia is often a recurrent condition and affects not only the life of the patient but that of his or her family as well. Hence therapy for the entire family is often necessary.
- Creative therapies: Cognitive therapy includes art therapy, music therapy etc. This allows patients to explore different ways of expressing their thoughts and feelings.
- Meditation: Meditation and practising relaxation techniques make people more aware of their internal stress levels and equip them to better handle their symptoms.
- Clinical hypnosis: When being used to treat this disorder, hypnosis allows a person to express thoughts and emotions they may have hidden form their conscious minds. Through hypnosis the patient can achieve a different state of consciousness through relaxation techniques, concentration and attention.
- Medication: Dissociative amnesia cannot be treated through medication but antidepressants and anti-anxiety medication can help deal with the disorder by calming the mind.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!