Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
I am 65 years old. I am diabetic person. Now taking one tab per day i. E q. Met 250 mg. I am doing exercise and walking. My sugar level fasting 110 and after meals 135 (without taking tab) what type of food and habits I should follow?
I am a 24 year old girl. I am a type 1 diabetic since the last 10 years. Will my kids also get diabetes like me? My partner s parents are disapproving our marriage due to the concern that the future generations will get affected because of me being diabetic.
Hello doctor. I am Kiran Kumar panda age 29. M suffering in health weakness and looking so thin. I just want to know how I grow my health and muscles.
Hi I am 28 year old, since two years I gained a weight a lot 89 kg height 5.7 do suggest me to reduce the weight.
I am 12 weeks pregnant. My weight is increasing every month. 3 months earlier I was 94 but now I am 99. Please suggest me a way to reduce weight during this crucial time as neither can I take any medicine nor I can do any workout. Please help.
I am 26 year old looking too skinny, I am eating properly but my weight is not getting increase. I don't know how to gain my body weight. I am really feeling bad on my weight issues. Please provide me best remedies to gain my body weight.
Honeys that are darker in color are considered to have more antioxidants.
Honey is quite different from white sugar, it contains about 30% glucose and 40% fructose – two monosaccharide or simple sugars – with 20% other complex sugars. Honey also includes dextrin, a starchy fiber. This combination helps the body regulate blood sugar levels.
However, unlike white sugar where fructose and glucose are combined as sucrose and require an additional step in the digestive process, in honey, these two sugars are separate. Thus, the glucose acts as an instant energy source.
It contains many vitamins and minerals in small amounts. A list of these include: niacin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium and zinc.
Honey helps reduce constipation, bloating and gas.
The antioxidants in honey are a cholesterol fighter and have the potential to protect against heart disease.
WITH THE BEST OF HEALTH
Punamkumar B. Dave
(Food & Nutritionist)
I have moderate amount of fat. I tried a lot. Cycling half hour daily and also play cricket about 1-2 hour but still not reducing my weight. Please help to loss my weight.
I am 45 years old and have BP diabetic and have undergone angioplasty in 2011. I have been jobless last 10 years and small businesses I have tried my hand have failed miserably. I drink alcohol like crazy till I fall when I am too depressed. I am contemplating divorce as well as my wife of almost 20 years has started accusing me of nonsense. My father had committed suicide 5 years ago and my mother sold my ancestral property and vanished in thin air. What to do.
I am a fat guy. I want to loose my fat without taking a pill. Please suggest me how can I reduced my fat.
After gyming of 4 month. I have gained upto 22 lbs weight. Now i'm suffering from fever from 1 month typhoid fever. I have lost my whole upper body muscles. As well as my chest flatness is reduced. I want to get back my shape. I want to know that .this will effect on my bone structure.
The human spine is endowed with tremendous strength and flexibility, but it is also prone to severe injuries. Due to the presence of a vast network of nerves in the spinal cord, particularly in the lower region, injuries can become gravely complicated with a large scope for permanent damage. Heavy lifting, sudden movements and twisting can lead to spinal injuries and must be avoided while working out in the gym.
There are simple precautions that you can take to protect your spine from accidents and injuries while doing heavy lifts in the gym. Not only will these precautions ensure that your spine is protected from any harm, but they also yield a range of health benefits in the long run.
Following are a few precautions that can be taken from spinal protection:
- Check the object before lifting: It is important that you check the weight of the object before performing the lift. Test it out by pushing it with your hands or your feet very lightly to see how heavy it is and determine whether or not you should be lifting it.
- Perform a warm up exercise: This is one of the most essential factors for preventing exercise-related injuries. Pace around and stretch all your muscles before you start lifting. This will keep your muscles from suddenly stiffening or locking while you do the lift.
- Ensure that the weight is well balanced: Unbalanced weights greatly increase the risk of injury. You should always make sure that the weight you are lifting is evenly balanced on all sides and that the packing is proper so that it does not move around when you lift or have pieces falling off it.
- Maintain proper posture: One of the most important aspects of lifting in the right manner is to maintain proper body posture. You must always avoid arching your back or reaching out while you lift as that will surely lead to injury.
- Move slowly: Sudden jerks and movements are sure to lead to injury when lifting weights in the gym. Slow and smooth movements are recommended as they keep you from straining your muscles. There is no need to rush through your workout. Always avoid twisting while performing a lift.
- Create enough space: There has to be enough room all around you while you are lifting. This will ensure your safety while you are working out. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
How to get cure from diabetes? What to eat? What to not eat? In how much time it will cure? It is curable disease?
Please let us know whether eggs are good even for heart patient or not ? Whether they should eat total egg or they should eat white portion and throw yellow portion of egg ? How much quantity a person can take per day or week if the age of the heart patient is 50 .
I take lots of medicine and eating healthy food also but I am not able to gain weight, please help me with this.
Are you concerned about your current diet and want to shift to a healthier diet, which will keep you fit? In that case, you have to make several modifications in your regular eating habits. You need to stay away from fried foods and foods containing too much of carbohydrates and fats. There are several food items, which are very beneficial for the body and help you to stay fit and healthy all the time. They are as follows:
- Milk: Milk is very important for people who perform rigorous activities in their daily lives. Milk contains muscle healing proteins and calcium, which are good for the bones and refuelling sugar; all essential for the body to keep fit and healthy. Milk contains serotonin and melatonin, which enable you to get enhanced sleep.
- Dried fruit: Dried fruits contain natural sugars and concentrated carbohydrates, which re very good for boosting your energy levels. You should consume dried fruits like raisins, apricots and mango. They are also rich in fibre, potassium, vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients, all of which enhance your overall health.
- Broccoli: Broccoli and several other green vegetables contain free radical antioxidants, fiber, which promotes digestion. It also has several minerals and vitamins. You should consume broccoli, kale, green cabbage and spinach. They contain folate, which is essential for pregnant women. They also contain calcium, which is good for making the bones strong.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes contain vitamin C and an antioxidant known as lycopene. Lycopene is considered to be a very powerful nutrient, which helps in the prevention of prostate cancer in men. Tomatoes also help when you are undergoing a weight-loss program as they contain weight loss hormones like leptin. This hormone helps in maintaining our body’s metabolism rate.
- Curd: Curd has a number of health and nutritional benefits, and eating curd every day helps your system stay cool, improves your digestive system, and helps get rid of stomach problems. The nutrients present in curd are easily absorbed by your digestive system. Not only that, it also helps in absorbing nutrients from other food items that you have eaten. It can also be used along with spicy food, as curd cools down and neutralises the heat that these foods create.
- Salmon: Salmon contains Omega 3 acid, which helps in keeping the heart healthy. The effects of memory loss are slowed down. The protein-rich fish helps in muscle repair and gives energy.
There are several other foods, which you should include in your daily diet in order to maintain a fit and healthy lifestyle. You may consume Brazil nuts, blueberries and cocoa as well. It is advisable to consult a dietician to get an ideal food chart. If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.