Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Preeti GosainYour feedback matters!
I need to know which is more harmful, a cigarette or bidi. I smoke daily one cigrate except Saturday Sunday because I don't like smoking at home on my offs and also my body does not ask for it so much that I have to take it like many people have great urge. But somehow I feel I should not quit it because one cigrate everyday gives me enjoyment and since I am having only one I feel I can go with it, not so serious. If bidi is not harmful than cigrate I wonder if it will be a good move to switch over it as I don't smoke publicly so can use it. Please educate me.
I'm feeling tired and week all the time. I lost interest in doing things. I'm just 17+. I can't motivate myself to do things. People tell me that it is because of mobile usage. Is that true? How can I get away form it?
I can't control on my weight I followed many diet But they isn't working I would like you to recommend me something good.
How I can gain weight to be fit boy? I am a vegetarian and eating food and taking liquids on a good diet. What is the reason?
Hi mam I am vikas Dahiya from sonipat I am 34 year young but my weight is 83. I am working as marketing manager so my job is seating so please guide me how I reduced my weight 15 KG I My hight is 5.6.
Hi sir I'm losing my weight. Sir main bahut khata hu fir bhi mera weight nahi badh raha hai ekdum Sukh gaya hu koi idea dijye is problem ka.
Hi sir I am aman from bijpur and I am not feeling well surfing from cugh and cold so sor help me to get well.
I want to gain my weight now my age is 22 and 5.11 but my weight is only 50 so please someone tell me, what should I do?
Hi doctor If a diabetic doesn't do exercise and also he/she takes tea and eat rice occasionally but takes medicines daily. Can such person keep control his/ her blood sugar level normal.
I am 44 years old. I am in depression due to job aspect. Now a days I don't get sexual feeling. I use to get sexual feeling but rarely. I can't involve for much time early ejaculation. Please advise me to involve for more time in sex. I do everything normally fit and time. Walking exercise regular. Regards Darapureddy Rajashekar.
My weight is not increased and my body cannot grow up my body is thin sir give a way to growing my body.
Since 15 days I don't feel hungry in daytime but I feel hungry in the evening so for full day I am without food intake what will be reason behind this. Is it because of stressful work lifestyle? Please advise.
Becoming a parent is the most cherishing moment in a couple's life, hence it is important to ensure that both the mother and the baby are healthy. In today's world lot of factors like environmental, socio-economic, lifestyle associated, and addictions such as smoking and alcohol affect the health of both men and women. If the parents have ill health or unhealthy lifestyle practices, the same can complicate matters and also cause infertility.
Today's life, especially in the metro cities, is fast and becoming more stressful. Pregnancy is a period when the health of the baby is directly dependent on the health of the mother and father. Also during the early phase of pregnancy the development of a baby inside the womb is very rapid and is the base for its future. Preconception counseling helps parents to understand and identify the different factors affecting the growth of the baby along with the modifications or complete illumination of these factors (if possible) to maintain the healthy development of the baby and the health of the mother as well.
Hence preconception counseling is a good initiative towards a healthy outcome. It not only guides the parent about the healthy lifestyle but also helps to find out the genetic factors causing any malformation or medical conditions, affecting the baby- the mother- the whole family through an emotional, psychological, social and economic point of view. It helps the parents to understand the condition, its future consequences so that they are able to take informed decisions.
Planning a baby 1
The Prenatal Counseling Guides About:
- The right height and weight as per the BMI. This highlights the right attributes needed for conception
- Blood pressure to check any abnormality
- Medical history - whether they have had any medical treatment for any particular disease. If yes, then what are the medications? They check whether these are safe medications for pregnancy or not. The doctors then alter them accordingly to avoid any harmful effect on pregnancy.
- Abdominal & pelvic examination to rule out any abnormality
- Rubella screening- It is important to have a vaccine. As Rubella causes abortions or congenital birth defects in baby.
- Varicella screening to assess any chances of future abnormalities
- Depression screening as its medication are harmful for the baby & also if mother is not prepared for pregnancy then the outcome is usually affected.
- Blood tests like urine analysis, complete blood count, sugar, blood group & tests for -STDS (HIV, VDRL), Hepatitis B, thyroid dysfunction
- The importance of well-balanced nutritional diet and how to opt it
- The change or modification in the lifestyle to reduce stress
- Exercise and its benefits
- Any family history of any disease like Haemophilia and the steps towards it
- Quitting alcohol and smoking as they have adverse effects on the growth and development of baby
- Any kind of drug addiction having ill effect on the health of both mother and baby
Thus prenatal counseling in planning a baby is a step towards ensuring a healthy outcome.