Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. PardeepYour feedback matters!
Hi I am m 27 years old. Height 5.4, weight 72. I am appearing little fatty. My tummy size is 36. Please suggest to loss tummy fat
I've heard that digital tools can help me get healthier or stay healthy. What can you tell me about digital health.
Sir/madem Meri height 5.9 hain. Or Wight 58 hain. So mujhe aapna weight badhan . Koi dava do please Or please hindi me batana.
I am trying to loose my weight for a very long time I am doing regular exercise and having proper meal But still I am not able to loose my weight And don't know the reason. So what should I do?
Hello sir, Am only of 16, years but hav voice like 40-50, years old men. Very heavy and vibrated. Am suffering from this by nov. 2015. I want to be a gud singer but voice stopping and decreasing my confidence. Please help me to improve and thin my voice acc. To my age. Am also suffering from cough and cold in my throat and nose by nov. 2015. Am thinking that my voice damaged by cough. Can anyone please help me.
I've been facing problems for gaining weight. I've almost tried everything but doesn't work. Am I suffering from some disease?
Flu is caused by a virus known as influenza and is a common respiratory disease. It is typically caused from the month of October to May. Some of the common symptoms include fatigue, runny nose, fever, cough, muscle ache, sore throat, body ache, etc.
The flu vaccination helps to protect from influenza. The effect generally lasts for a year. It is recommended that an individual takes this vaccination once in a year since the strain of the virus keeps changing every year. Flu vaccine comprises of an egg-based technology.
Who Can catch flu?
Anyone can get a flu vaccination. Children above the age of 6 months or more are eligible to get a flu vaccination. In addition, the person who has a severe outbreak of allergic reaction due to the flu vaccination should also stay away from this.
Pregnant women can also get this vaccination without any worry about the baby. They not only safeguard the mother, but protect the child from influenza too. Adults who are more than 65 years old can take this vaccination without worrying. Patients with an acute allergy should consult their doctors before taking a flu shot.
Are there any side effects?
Although most people do not feel a thing after the flu shot, some might experience mild symptoms, such as redness of the area where the vaccine has been injected, mild body aches, soreness, redness and fever. Other serious side effects include allergic reaction resulting in soreness and very high fever. A doctor or healthcare personnel should be immediately contacted in such an instance.
Can flu shot cause flu?
This is totally a myth. A flu vaccine doesn’t result in the flu. The virus content of the flu vaccine doesn’t contain any live virus that can potentially trigger an outbreak of flu in the body. They are noninfectious in every sense of the word. It takes a couple of weeks for the flu vaccine to build immunity in the body. A person might get affected during this time if he comes in contact with an infected person.
Confusing flu with similar symptoms:
Common symptoms of flu such as nausea, vomiting, sneezing, body ache and fever can be symptoms of an entirely different disease such as diarrhoea. Until the tests are conducted and the doctor gives an assured verdict of flu, it is unwise to take a flu vaccination based on gut feel and mere speculation.
When is an ideal time to take flu vaccine?
There is no right or wrong time of taking a flu shot. It is seriously infectious and can catch hold of a person at any time. The right time to take a flu shot is now. It is readily available over the counter and can be injected at any time of the year. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
With changing life scenarios, parents do not have time to spend with their children. The grandparents often fill this gap now. They still have the time and patience to listen to what happened on a daily basis, and are not caught in the whirlwind of having a task list that never ends with the day.
In a way, grand children are very closely bound to their grandparents and are expected to take care of them, when required. In fact, stats show that about 80% of primary caregivers for people over age of 60 are grandchildren. Their average age is about 27(either gender). There are specific advantages of this care giving relationship for both the grandparent and the grandchild.
- There is no hurry: Most of us want a pair of ears to listen to what we have to say. Whether it is the exciting college trip you had or the office dinner you just returned from, we all want to share it. So, in this era where parents are not as available as they were earlier, grandparents fill the gap. They are not just eagerly waiting for you to return, but they seem to have the time to hear you out and feel happy (or sad) about it. This leaves one with a great feeling.
- Been there, done that: Though they have had a different lifestyle, they have “been there, done that,” perhaps in different ways. The definition of fun might have changed, but fun was always there. If you have the time, hear out their version of fun. You would be left thinking that you are not anywhere close to the fun they had.
- Life is the best teacher: The experiences they share will probably be some of life’s best lessons, which cannot be gathered by reading any number of books or TED talks.
- Safety: While there definitely are care giving or assisted living homes, having them at home and taking care of them provides the additional safety net. There are family people around, and if required, readily available.
- A helping hand: Caring for grandparents does not always relate to doing things for them, it is a mutual thing, and they feel equally good and happy that they are able to contribute in some small way in your daily life. You can always offer to help, but very often, their energy levels are quite high, unless they are ill, and they are so happy doing something for you.
- Strengthens the bond: Needless to say, spending time with a person makes the relationship strong and lasting. Grandparents assume a very special place, and caring for them leaves one with a very good and satisfied feeling. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
The obesity epidemic around the world is getting worse day by day, though people are getting conscious about their health as well and a major portion of the fitness industry has grown around weight loss. It is easier said than done as many people lose their motivation for weight loss somewhere along the journey. There are however, some really easy steps that you can follow to ensure that you achieve your goals without them being too taxing on you.
Let's look at 5 easy ways to lose weight quickly:
1. Take walks, as frequently as possible: Without setting duration, it would be a good idea to incorporate walking into your schedule as often as possible. This will feel like less of a work out, but will still burn off many of the calories. Here are some things you can practically do:
- Take stairs whenever possible
- Do house cleaning chores, such as mopping or cleaning as regularly as possible as these are great calorie burners
- Park your car a little further away and walk to your destination or meetings
- If availing public transport get off a few stops earlier and walk to your destination.
2. Drink water right before meals: This is a great way to reduce portions automatically as drinking water right before a meal will fill up your stomach and result in you feeling not so hungry. Once your meal portions are reduced and continued over a long time this will help you lose weight.
3. Instead of focusing on foods you don't like, increase foods you like in your diet: This is very true of most diets as people tend to start having cravings when they deny themselves of food. Thus it is advisable to slowly change your diet overtime and incorporate healthy options such as certain fruits or low calorie snacks that you like and slowly replace the unhealthy options.
4. Use TV time as a quick exercise opportunity: If you are sitting in front of the TV, you can start a small regimen of doing a few free hand exercises when the commercials come up. Use everyday objects near you as weight or as support platforms to do exercises while you don't have to pay attention to what's going on screen.
5. Remember it is the journey rather than the destination, which matters: Many people tend to get engrossed about the end result and give up midway. You should remember that small things done correctly overtime can help you lose weight quickly and help you keep it off which is equally important.
My mother was admitted to neighbouring hospital after falling due to slippage on floor. She is 72 years old and type 2 diabetic with controlled diabetes 150/200 with glimestar 1 mg 2 pills per day for last 15 years. It was observed on MRI that a compression fracture on back bone and two small cracks on pelvic bone. During traction and physiotherapy she exhibited severe shortness of breath and doctor carried out sonography and found some abnormality of the sort enlargement of heart. Upon pulmonary angiography bilateral pulmonary embolism was observed. Suddenly the other treatments stopped and some blood thinning medication under critical observations for 5 days conducted. Later she was brought to ward and two days was in observations and discharged suggesting if possible to walk 10-20 steps and increase slowly wearing proper belt. Initially she was only able to stand with support and walk only 2-3 steps with great difficulty. Normal diabetes medicine and daily 1 tablet of warfarin was prescribed. The major problem after discharge observed was her reluctance to swallow sufficient food and water. With great difficulty only juices, milk with energy drink, dal rice smashed was accepted only in limited quantities with reason of tasteless in mouth and vomiting sensations. All the food given was not swallowed to full extent, instead kept in mouth and she use slowly split the same after some time. Standing on her feet was also not possible and she was reluctant even to her moving on bed itself for frequent change of position. Sugar level increased to 200/300 and the tablet increased to 2 mg. Meanwhile blood was observed in urine and upon test Warfarin was stopped for 10 days. Within next 2-3 days, urine turned to white and upon /urine test /infection was detected and antibiotics prescribed. But the very next day the infection became severe as she was observed very uneasy. Upon hospitalization once again, she is kept in intensive care with antibiotic treatment and signs of improvement observed but the problem of tasteless in mouth is concern. At present the food is being fed through pipe in nose. We are very much worried about the future as without proper food, there is no scope of survival. Can you please help how to come out of such dreadful situation?
I am feeling discomfort while urinating the urine is yellow in colour and feel pain to penis while urinating. It is because of my food intake or something else I do not know. But few say it is because of high heat in body. And they say do not take chapati and oil food etc While I ate 6 chapatis daily with spicy curry. Weather it is the food or something rlse. Please prescribe me some good medication to this uneasiness.
My son age 16 years having problem in right leg bends. Various diagnosis made particular vitamin D is only 7. We are vegetarians pl advice medicine as well as vegetarians foods with regards surana.
You only have one heart, and it works for 24 hrs a day. It never sleeps, so you have to treat it right if you want to keep it pumping for years to come. For a healthy heart, you have to boost nutrition, flavor and color in your meals and snacks. A variety of fruits and vegetables are good for your heart. Always try to eat foods that are in their natural form, as they come from the ground.
Find out how these 10 foods may help lower your risk of heart disease.
1) Fresh Herbs like oregano, basil, rosemary and thyme are full of antioxidants. They are full of flavor and use them liberally to replace extra salt, oil and sugar in your food.
2) Red Wine: before you read on, a caution is that too much alcohol actually is bad for your heart. Sipping a unit of red wine a day may be good by giving you two very powerful antioxidants in restorative and catechist. These can help you to increase your HDL cholesterol while lowering your risk of damage to arterial walls and subsequent clot formation. However, alcohol may be a problem when you are already on aspirin or other medications. Check with your doctor first if you have had a history of heart disease.
3) Salmon: The american heart association calls it a super food and recommends at least two servings of salmon in a week. You can have it baked in a foil with herbs or add with veggies in your salad. It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and helps to correct rhythm disorders of the heart and reduce triglycerides and blood pressure. These properties also hold good for tuna fish and one must choose canned tuna in water or brine instead of oil.
4) Extra Virgin Olive Oil: though any kind of extra oil is bad for your heart, if you need to take in some oil, then extra virgin olive oil has a lot of heart saving properties. Only one should not use it for frying or over heating the veggies. It is good when tossed over salads or used sparingly over boiled or cooked vegetables.
5) Walnuts: a handful of walnuts, say 50 grams a day are full of antioxidants and fiber. They reduce inflammation of the arteries and reduce cholesterol. However, they also have high calorie content so one must be careful about the quantities consumed.
6) Almonds: Almonds are full of plant sterols and reduce the blood ldl and are good for diabetics. One must eat them raw for full benefits as cooking or roasting them may kill some of their beneficial properties.
7) Tofu is a high source of soy protein and can be added to soups or marinated or sauteed with vegetables for its goodness. It has a lot of heart healthy minerals and polyunsaturated fats.
8) Sweet potato is a good substitute for white potatoes especially useful for people with diabetes and heart disease. It has a low glycemic index and prevents sharp rise in blood sugar after meals. One can bake it and sprinkle with cinnamon and lime juice to make it super effective.
9) Oranges have potassium and antioxidants to lower the blood pressure and improve the vessel wall function.
10) Carrots are full of fiber and are one of the top heart saving foods by controlling cholesterol. Add them liberally in your salad or munch them raw for their power packed action.