Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. PardeepYour feedback matters!
Low libido, erectile dysfunction, loss of muscle tone and lean mass, increased body fat, mood swings etc. are some ways in which a drop in testosterone can affect you. A drop in testosterone levels if what all men experience after the age of 30.
This drop in testosterone occurs at the rate of 1-1.5% a year. This translates into 10-15% loss of testosterone over a decade. Most men can live with that. However, by the time they hit 50, they are 20-30% short of this male hormone. This is the time when such effects can make your life as well as that of people around you terrible.
Most men with low testosterone become so irritable that living with them becomes a nightmare.
Fortunately, it is possible to increase testosterone with the help of some simple changes in your diet and lifestyle. Here are some simple and easy ways to boost your T-levels:
1. Begin Exercising - A regular workout is great for boosting testosterone in your body. Strength training happens to be a far better alternative as compared to other forms of exercise. Some of the best exercises that can help you give a major testosterone boost include squats, lunges, deadlifts etc.
2. Stop Using Soy and Soy Products - It's highly unfortunate that a lot of health supplements contain soy as an ingredient. As a matter of fact, soy and soy products can enhance estrogen levels in your body. A high level of estrogen lowers testosterone in men. Next time you shopping, avoid anything with soy in it.
3. Avoid Alcohol - If you are one those guys who love to booze, you need to rethink about this habit. Alcohol can suppress testosterone production in your body. As a matter of fact, alcohol lowers both growth hormone and Luteinizing Hormone or LH secretion. A low level of LH bears a direct negative impact on testosterone secretion.
Not just this, alcohol also affects fat metabolism adversely resulting in massive fat storage. Excess fat tends to enhance estrogen levels that lowers testosterone.
Thus, it's in your best interest to give up alcohol altogether.
4. Enjoy Some Nuts - Nuts such as walnuts, pine nuts etc. are great for your increasing testosterone production. They are a rich source of essential fats such as Omega 3 fatty acids that are required by your body to produce testosterone. Have a moderate serving of such nuts every morning. Apart from increasing your testosterone levels, they can help boost your energy levels too.
5. Get Enough Sleep - Lack of sleep is one of the factors that can actually affect your T-levels adversely. Most of us work in extremely competitive environment and have to compromise on sleep more often than not. Lack of sleep builds stress and enhance levels of stress hormone cortisol in the bloodstream. This hormone and testosterone are inversely related to each other. What it means is that an increase in Cortisol implies a drop in your testosterone levels.
Try to get enough sleep each night. You must sleep for at least 7-8 hours of sleep each night.
6. Natural Testosterone Supplements - One of the best ways to boost your testosterone levels is with the help of natural testosterone supplements. Such pills are a better alternative to testosterone shots or injections since they are safe and devoid of side effects.
Some of the best supplements include ingredients like Tribulus Terrestris, D-Aspartic Acid, Ginseng Extract, Fenugreek, Zinc and a couple of Vitamins.
They can help boost muscle growth, increase fat burning, elevate your mood, enhance libido and also ensure rock solid erections. They can provide a complete body makeover for you. No wonder, such supplements have become a massive hit with men over 40 around the world.
A lot of pain, burning and hurt can be relieved by knowing properties of a few things from your kitchen. While minor burns and injuries can scare the wits out of anyone, young or old, the cure to relieving the pain and ensuring speedy healing lies in your cabinet.
Here are few things to do and to avoid:
1. No Ice on a Burn: ice is known to restrict the flow of blood to the skin. What you should do instead is put the burnt area immediately under running water. The idea is to cool the area. The water used should be cool and not ice cold.
2. Soothe with Aloevera. Aloevera is known to be a good remedy for burns and while it stops the pain, it also reduces the swelling and repairs the skin. Aloevera gel can be applied in sometime, but the gel should not be contaminated and should be clean.
3. Use Mint for Relief: After running cold water on the burnt area, pat it dry gently and apply a layer of crushed mint leaves, do not apply mint toothpaste over it. As toothpaste can get dried or stuck there and cause further injury. If mint leaves are used they should be clean and be thoroughly washed with water.
4. Try Tea Bags: If you have black tea bags at home, they can be of help. Moist wet, cooled tea bags, depending upon the area of the burnt skin and place over the area. Wrap with clean gauze. This can be used on slightly raw skin as it is astringent.
5. Puncture the Blisters: If there are blisters, never peel them off completely, you may puncture them to drain the fluid but do not remove the top layer of skin, as that serves as a natural protective dressing.
6. Apply Honey: A natural antibiotic, honey is used to prevent the burnt area from getting infected.
7. Rub Coconut Oil: Coconut oil has vitamin e and anti-bacterial properties which also stop the burnt area from getting infected. However, this should be used in healing phase when there are no blisters or they have started healing.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Most diseases, small or big, acute or chronic, accident or infection, have one common factor - pain. In most cases, in addition to reducing the severity of the infection or the impact to various structures from the trauma, managing pain assumes a bigger role. It is only when the pain is controlled can the bigger picture of disease management be done, as the patient would be inconsolable.
To this effect, in addition to pain killers, the most inexpensive and easily available modes of pain management are heat and cold. Though all are not aware, there are specific instances where heat and cold should be used as listed below.
Heat: Some of the common modes to heat therapy include heat pads, warm baths, paraffin wax system, hot water bottles, air-activated heat pack, or warm oils. Heat acts by improving blood circulation and nutritional supply to the body parts and is best suited for stiff joints and muscle soreness.
Some common ways to heat therapy include:
- A warm shower or bath in the morning - this will ease morning stiffness and get you ready for exercise.
- Apply a heating pad on the sore/stiff areas for up to 20 minutes - Use optimal, bearable temperature to avoid skin burns.
- Wrap the affected area for 15 to 20 minutes with a moist heat pad. A wet towel can be put in the freezer and then warmed up in the microwave. Moist heat pads are also available with local pharmacies.
- Warm mineral oils can be applied to the stiff joints of hands and legs. Leave it in place for 15 to 20 minutes before washing it off.
- For sore hand and foot joints, warm paraffin wax can be applied using the equipment available at drug stores. This will help ease the pain and soreness. Soak in a warm whirlpool.
Contrary to heat therapy, cold therapy acts by reducing blood flow to the affected area and numbing the nerve endings, thereby reducing the perception of pain. It works well for acute pain cases like fresh injuries and post-exercise inflammation.
- A cold wrap with ice cubes can be applied to the painful area for about 15 to 20 minutes. This can be repeated if required after a break.
- Alternately, a wet towel can be put in a plastic bag and kept in the freezer for 15 minutes and then used as a cold pack.
- The affected joint can be submerged in a container of ice and water.
- Cold gel packs are available at stores - these won't leak, will stay cold longer and can be easily wrapped around a joint.
Cryotherapy, as cold therapy is also called, is not as effective as heat therapy, though it does provide immediate relief.
I have desk job but doing gym and yoga, pranayam and my diet also good then also my blood pressure increased up to 150/86 Before that I had black coffee for week before gym amount was more so I am don't understand this bp increase is due to black coffee means temporary or its permanently increased I went to hospital and taking BP tablets from last 6 days.
Hello Sir/Madam, I am a 23 years old boy and I have some fatness/overweight problems and I want to becoming thin/slim fast. What should I do now?
Hi doctor. My age 24. But my weight 46kg only. How to increase my weight. I need fit and handsome body. How to get soon? Which type of foods increase my weight and muscles?
Hello Doctor, I am 25 I want to gain weight and some mass/fat. But the thing is that I eat a lot yet I am not gaining the actual weight accordinging to my age and height. Please help me.
Well-chosen eating practices have much to offer athletes:
1. Fuel to train and perform at the elite level
2. Optimum gains from the training program
3. Enhanced recovery between workouts and between events
4. Achievement and maintenance of an ideal body mass and physique
5. Benefits from the many health-promoting components of food
6. A reduced risk of injury, overtraining fatigue and illness
7. Confidence in being well-prepared to face competition
8. Consistency in achieving high-level competition performances
9. Enjoyment of food and social eating occasions at home and during travel
Despite these advantages, many athletes do not meet their nutrition goals.
Common problems and challenges include:
1. Poor knowledge of foods and inadequate cooking skills
2. Poor or outdated knowledge of sports nutrition
3. Lack of access to dietitians /nutrition
4. Professionals or other credible resources
5. Inadequate finances
6. Busy lifestyle leading to inadequate time to obtain or consume appropriate foods
7. Poor availability of good food choices
8. Frequent travel
9. Indiscriminate use of large amounts of supplements or failure to use evidence based supplements and sports foods in the appropriate way.
How to reduce the extra fat accumulated across the stomach and this? And to keep the body fit and fine.
what should I take whole day,diet please give me diet chart my age is 53 At present I am taking lime water one glass is this OK for me? Can I take honey in morning ? My weight is 57.5 kg Blood uric acid level. Is 5 and hb 16.7 and Ldl is 108, Vitamin D is 45, calcium is 9.2 in this case pl. Advice me diet plan At present suffering from full body pain and joint pain.
I am working in IT field with rotational shifts, I have severe hair fall problem. I consulted a doctor and got some medicines. Please can you confirm whether below medicines will increase the bald. I'm really afraid to take any medicines. minor forte 10 Salifast CB - clobetasol propionate wit salicylic acid lotion Bio plus 7 tablets K one 200 I plus.
Constant problems in women during intimate activity is enough to send you or your partner in agony. It is important to understand that it can be due to female sexual dysfunction. Female sexual dysfunction can happen at any stage of a woman's life and can be lifelong, but os usually acquired later in life. Also it can be due to some situations or all sexual situations.
Women with sexual dysfunction might show the following symptoms:
- Decreased sexual desire: A lack of interest and willingness to engage in sexual activity is the most common symptom of female sexual dysfunction.
- Sexual arousal disorder: The desire of involving in sexual activity might be present, but it is difficult to become aroused or unable to maintain the arousal during the act.
- Orgasmic disorder: One experiences repeated and constant difficulty in attaining orgasm despite of an orgasm and stimulation.
- Sexual pain disorder: Pain is experienced on vaginal contact or stimulation
Following can contribute to dysfunction:
- Medical conditions like kidney failure, heart diseases, cancer, and multiple sclerosis can lead to dysfunction. Some medicines like the antihistamines, antidepressants and blood pressure medicines can lead to a lowered sexual desire and an inability to experience orgasm.
- Hormonal changes during pregnancy, after a baby and menopause also affect the sexual activity. The estrogen levels fall postmenopausal and change the genital tissues along with the sexual responsiveness. It is believed that a decrease in estrogen levels leads to a decrease in the blood flow of the pelvic region, thus leading to more time for an orgasm.
- An anxiety or depression, which has not been treated can lead to sexual dysfunction. A history of sexual abuse or stress that has been present for a long time also leads to dysfunction.
- A conflict with the partner in the relationship or about sex can also decrease sexual responsiveness.
- Openly communicating with your partner about your likes and dislikes makes a great difference
- Regular exercising gives a boost to the stamina and elevates the mood thus increasing romantic feelings. Use of alcohol should be decreased
- Taking help from a therapist in case of problems with sex and relationships
- Use of device and lubricants can help in arousal
Here are 7 proven ways on how organic turmeric can improve your health and happiness. I'm sure that after reading this article you will start adding this miracle spice to your diet every day.
- Fights inflammation naturally: Chronic inflammation is believed to be the culprit of many of our modern diseases. Curcumin, or turmeric's active compound, is found to be a potent anti-inflammatory compound, which matches or even exceeds the effectiveness of many anti-inflammatory drugs available.
- Protects your brain: Cognitive disorders such as dementia and Alzheimer’s disease are often linked to decreased levels of Brain Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF), which is a type of growth hormone. Researchers have found that curcumin positively influences the levels of BDNF and may delay or even reverse many brain diseases or age-related decline of our brain functions.
- Reduces the risk of several types of cancer: Organic Turmeric may be one of the most potent natural anti-cancer substances out there. Not only can it prevent cancer growth, but inhibits the development and spread as well and may even hold the natural cure for this dreadful disease.
- Improves digestion: Eating turmeric on a daily basis stimulates the gallbladder, reduces bloating and gas, and prevents inflammation of the digestive tract.
- Protect your heart: Curcumin has shown to reduce LDL (or bad) cholesterol, prevent blood clotting, and remove plaque buildups in the arteries.
- Soothes symptoms of Arthritis: Although more research is needed in this field, many people report various improvements of their condition. It helps them fight chronic inflammation and reduces the pain too. Some even claim curcumin supplements work better than many OTC or prescribed drugs available on the market today. And without any side effects.
- Delays aging and improves longevity: Free radicals and inflammation are believed to play a major role in aging and curcumin affects both. And given that it also protects our heart and fights cancer, which are 2 of the biggest killers in today's world, it obviously benefits longevity too.
These benefits are only the tip of the iceberg of what organic turmeric can do for you. To improve overall health and happiness, add 1 teaspoon of organic turmeric to smoothies, juices, soups, curries, stir-fries, home made cultured sodas, and dressings on a daily basis.
Curcumin, which is turmeric most active and healing compound, is poorly absorbed by our body. Luckily there are a few ways to up the absorption by up to 2000 percent. Adding a pinch of black pepper is one of them. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.