Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Neha AgrawalYour feedback matters!
5 life-long benefits of drinking desi haldi milk
Haldi is a vital spice used in the indian cuisine and other south asian cuisines. Also known as turmeric, it constitutes of some sugars, proteins, and resins, and is a ubiquitous asian kitchen ingredient; almost every meal cooked has a dash of haldi in it. But apart from the colour, taste and aroma that it adds to the food, when added to milk, it becomes a magical potion known as desi haldi milk that can prevent and cure diseases.
Here are 5 lifelong benefits of desi haldi milk:
1. Has anti-inflammatory properties: Haldi has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. According to ayurveda, it has been named as the natural aspirin. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, when combined with milk, it becomes a really useful drink that helps prevent cancer. It stops the growth of lung, skin, colon, breast, and prostate cancer, and for cancer patients, it helps reduce the side effects of chemotherapy. Additionally, haldi milk provides relief from arthritis pain and improves the flexibility of joints and muscles.
2. Is a blood purifier: Blood impurities can lead to severe health problems and desi haldi milk is considered an excellent blood purifier and cleanser if the principles of ayurveda are to be believed. It can revitalize and boost the blood circulation in the body. Acting as a blood thinner, haldi milk plays a significant role in eliminating all impurities from the blood vessels and lymphatic system of your body.
3. Helps control weight: Turmeric contains curcumin, an antioxidant capable of preventing inflammation of various cells of your body like fat, muscle, and pancreatic cells. This also results in lower risks of health issues arising due to obesity like high cholesterol levels, high blood sugar, insulin resistance and other metabolic problems. Also, haldi milk helps in the breakdown of dietary fat. This can be useful in controlling the weight.
4. Gives you healthier skin: Haldi is a very useful ingredient for battling skin issues. Drinking haldi milk helps in getting enviable glowing skin and can also be used for application on the face and body. Dipping a cotton ball into haldi milk and applying that to your face can help you get rid of any rash, skin redness or blotchy patches. Moreover, bathing in turmeric milk can be helpful in attaining soft, supple and radiant skin.
5. Ensures better bone health: Haldi milk is an excellent source of calcium, and has bone-strengthening properties, which are necessary to keep the bones healthy and strong. It also helps lower bone loss and prevent osteoporosis.
So go ahead, mix up the ever easily available haldi and milk from your kitchen and drink up to a healthier you.
You said honey lemon early in morning, good for health. May I know, whether a diabetic can also take this? Honey is okay to a person having diabetes? Please tell.
I am 20 years old malw, I am sporty person. Especially I play cricket. But now my right hand paining whenever I throw ball its start paining and I can't play. Also if I left any weight for specific time its also start paning. The pain is at upper side of elbow of my hand.
One female is 4.10 feet in height with 40 kg weight what should do to gain weight with good body shape also.
Cucumbers are a real health treasury. They're rich in nutrients which can fight off even the most detrimental illnesses, including cancer. Also, cucumbers are highly beneficial for the quality of the skin and hair. This veggie is highly efficient in the removal of toxins and hydration of the whole body.
Cucumbers are 95% water. So, this vegetable is one of the best foods for deep hydration of the organism. Also, cucumbers will supply the body with the most important vitamins. Furthermore, these veggies will stimulate your metabolism and aid in the removal of additional body fat. They are a great source of dietary fiber and water, which makes them highly beneficial in the excretion of toxins.
Bad breath is a common problem that affects both women and men. Luckily, cucumbers are the perfect solution. Namely, slice one piece of cucumber, put it in your mouth, and hold it for 30 seconds. Thanks to the anti-bacterial properties, the cucumber will destroy all the bacteria causing the bad breath.
How should I quit smoking, you have taken chewing gums and many more things. But after 2 to 3 days it continue, and weight is also increasing day by day please give me a solution for it, to quit smoking and reduce weight. Actually digestive system is not so good and constipation problem is also to me.
SHE have thyroid problem, and Dr. advised her to lose weight. I want to know what will be the best way or any supplement to lose weight for her?
Hi sir am a student. My name is rohit and I am a 21 years old. My problem is that im too thin. And my class friends pull my leg about this. Now I wan to gain a shaped full weight. So I need suggestions to what to do. Please kindly help me. Thank you.
Iam a 26 year lady and iam very lean just 40 kg' s. I want to put on weight. Though I eat much more than others i am still underweight. I do eat non veg and all the fatty foods. I do went for body check up and found no problem. Please suggest!
From past 6 years suffering from diabetic and taking medicine GLYSIS-M AND JALRA 50/500 I M WORRIED STILL HOW MANY DAYS.
I am 20 years old. I've been having a bit of a problem with my periods since a long time. I am very thin weighing 39 kg. Will this problem affect me in the near future? Should I be consulting a doctor?
Health is wealth as you can not enjoy your wealth if not healthy.Here are few tips to keep good health.
Go jogging instead of gymming.
Ditch the elevator.Climb stairs.
Spend some time in the sun.
Swim your way to slimness.
Dont let TV,NET,deprive you of sleep.
Dont eat outside,carry lunch.
Drink more water.
Take a balanced diet.
I am pcod patient please sugest me weight loss tips and diet plan. I have kidney stone also in both kidneys.
I am 24th years old now I have 100 kg weight how to I reduced it's like worst I tried many products plzz suggest me solved out I am waiting your precious rply.
Dehydration takes place when you don't drink adequate water which results in loss of fluid from your body. The heat is said to literally evaporate water from your body and cause a range of symptoms.
Symptoms include extreme fatigue giddiness excessive thirst fainting spells fewer trips to washroom fever feeling disorientated low blood pressure and weakness.