Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Ms.KalpitaYour feedback matters!
I am 37 years of age. I am going to gym on a regular basis. My bmi is 24.5. I am ambitious to have a muscular body. In regard to this recently I started consuming protein powder 1 scoop in a day. Does this will have any ill effects on my body in a long run? Also can you suggest what and all health parameters I need to monitor on a regular basis?
Vaginal Atrophy: What the CLOSER Survey Reveals
Vaginal atrophy (VA) has a great effect on women and their male partners, according to survey results recently published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine.
It’s possible that these results may prompt more communication about VA between couples and their healthcare providers.
Vaginal atrophy refers to changes in the vagina caused by menopause. When estrogen levels drop, the vagina may lose some elasticity, leading to dryness, discomfort, and pain. Some studies estimate that over half of women experience some degree of vaginal atrophy. However, VA is not something many women freely discuss.
To learn more about how VA affects women and their male partners, a research team from Italy and the United States conducted a survey, which was administered online to 4,100 women and 4,100 men from nine countries: the United Kingdom, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Italy, France, Canada, and the U.S.
The assessment was called the CLOSER (CLarifying Vaginal Atrophy’s Impact On SEx and Relationships) Survey.
The women were between 55 and 65 years old and had stopped menstruating at least 12 months prior to the survey. They also had symptoms of VA.
The men were in relationships with postmenopausal women aged 55 to 65 who had vaginal discomfort. They were not partnered with the female participants.
For both men and women, VA/vaginal discomfort were described as, “dryness, itching, burning, or soreness in the vagina, bleeding during intercourse, pain during urination, or pain in the vagina in connection with touching and/or intercourse.”
The survey included questions about vaginal discomfort, its symptoms, and its effects on intimacy, relationships, and self-esteem. Participants were also asked about erectile dysfunction (ED) and VA treatments, such as local estrogen therapy (LET).
Most of the women (72%) said that they told their partners when they first felt vaginal discomfort. The other 28% did not do so, explaining that they were embarrassed or thought their symptoms were a normal part of aging. Thirty-six percent said they would try self-treatment before telling their partner about their symptoms.
The authors noted that the men were more likely to discuss VA than the women were, although they were not always aware that sex was uncomfortable for their partner.
Half the women said they were “upset their body does not work as it used to.” Others reported that they felt old and sexually unattractive. Some lost confidence as a sexual partner and others felt that the symptoms would never go away.
Many sexual behaviors changed as a result of VA. Over half the participants said they had less sex and almost a quarter stopped having sex altogether. Sixty-two percent of the women and 76% of the men said they avoided intimacy.
Fifty-eight percent of the women used vaginal moisturizers or lubricants to alleviate their symptoms. Only 15% of the men knew that their partner was using this type of treatment.
Local estrogen therapy appeared to improve sex lives, relationships, and quality of life. Over half the men and women said that sex was less painful and almost half the women said sex was more satisfying.
The researchers stressed the importance of communication about VA between couples themselves and with their healthcare providers.
They also explained the role of healthcare providers in that discussion. “Because women may not be willing to openly discuss the vaginal discomfort they are experiencing, it is crucial for [healthcare providers] to be proactive in helping women address the issue of VA,” they wrote.
The Journal of Sexual Medicine
Nappi, Rossella E., MD, PhD, et al.
“The CLOSER (CLarifying Vaginal Atrophy's Impact On SEx and Relationships) Survey: Implications of Vaginal Discomfort in Postmenopausal Women and in Male Partners”
(Full-text. First published online: June 27, 2013)
- See more at: http://www.issm.info/news/sex-health-headlines/vaginal-atrophy-what-the-closer-survey-reveals#sthash.6PwSR5cv.dpuf
I am taking allopathy treatment for diabetics. When I approached homeopathy doctor who is a friend of mine for diabetic treatment he advised me to go for allopathic treatment. I just want to know if there is any effective treatment in homeopathy for diabetics .
I am 50 years old suffering from high bp taking daily tablet CIPLAR LA 80 IN MORNING and thyroid tablet electroxin 37.5 once daily the problem is I feel tired soon and swelling in legs above feet to knees and got tests from LFT RFT LIPID PROFILE the results were in limit however the deficiency in vitamin d for which treatment is in progress i. E. One injection every three months please suggest me for above problems solution thanks.
I'm 22 female. I have anemia hb is 8. Tho I eat well and drink natural beverages and eat all possible vegetables n fruits. Carbs. I'm 51kg. I was on iron supplements such ferroglbine. Multi vit. B12. But still not useful. Have headache in behind my neck. And fell weakness. Help me out plz?
Banana is one fruit that is available in all the seasons and is extremely nutritious because of presence of fibre, mineral and potassium in it. Its taste and ‘easy-to-eat’ quality makes it everyone’s favourite. It also helps in flushing out toxins from the body and enhances metabolism too. But did you know that as a result of these qualities, banana helps you with melting stomach fat also. Yes! Banana is one of those very few fruits which have a tendency to melt the stomach fat. Let’s see how and why?
1. Fruit: Banana is an excellent source of energy because it has glucose, fructose and sucrose in it. Consumption of banana decreases the feeling of hunger. So, when we take banana, we will not be hungry for a long time which will also help in lessening the stomach fat.
2. Banana Smoothie: Banana prevents retention of water in the body and because of this quality, it helps in melting the stomach fat. A banana drink is a great idea for that. Not only by adding few other ingredients it becomes tastier but also helps in melting the stomach fat easily and faster. You just have to mix things like an orange, ¼ table spoon ginger, 2 table spoons of flax seeds and whey powder, yoghurt, along with a spoonful of coconut oil in one banana. It will give good results if it’s taken on an empty stomach. It can also be taken after drinking a glass of lukewarm water early morning. But taking it just once won’t serve the purpose. You have to take it regularly to get the desired results.
3. As a Combination Food: Apart from taking banana in its original form and in the form of smoothie, mixing bananas with cranberries, raspberries or blueberries along with ginger, honey and little water will also provide the same result. Likewise, in place of berries, if you add spinach, it will also help in reducing stomach fat making you look much slimmer.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Hi my wife is medium weight n built but she has belly n abdomen area somewhat fat n becoz of which I think we r facing problem in conceiving. Kindly tell me what to do.
Hi I want to loose my belly fat. Not only belly bt frm the whole body Because m 23 years old. N I look like a man of nore than 28 yers And when I take shower I look at the mirror and I find myself a lady posture wise I mean shape is like a lady.
Constipation is when a person has difficulty passing stool or has very dry stool. With processed and refined food habits on the rise, constipation is also becoming a rampant problem. The food passes through the large intestine, where a large part of the water is reabsorbed and stool is formed. This is expelled from the body, and if there is constipation, this passage of stool can be difficult, painful, and may be accompanied by bleeding too.
Constipation is common in children as well as among the elderly. Children eat a lot more junk compared to adults. As age progresses, elders begin losing teeth and they chew less which leads to indigestion and thereby constipation. Treating constipation should be a conscious effort as it does not have a single remedy. A combination of dietary changes including all aspects like fiber, water, caffeine etc. can help in treating constipation effectively.
- As the first thing in the morning, drinking a glass of lukewarm water is good. Add some baking soda to this, if you are feeling bloated, it aids in cleansing the bowels.
- Ginger tea is another great remedy to induce bowel movements in the morning.
- A glass of warm milk with a little honey or sugar is a good remedy for constipation.
- Warm water or milk with Isabgol husk at bedtime helps bowel movements in the morning.
- Applying a few drops of lukewarm castor oil over the navel when going to sleep can help in easy passage of stools in the morning.
- Guava, pears, oranges, grapes, papaya, apples, and other fruits add roughage to the diet and help in easy passage of stools.
- Soak some raisins in hot water, cool it, crush and strain them. This is very effective for treating constipation in children.
- A glass of carrot juice or papaya juice is very useful in treating constipation.
- Drink about 8 to 10 glasses of water to avoid constipation. The artificial juices and canned drinks do not count in this, as they only make it worse.
- High-fat, processed foods, alcohol, and caffeine are major causes of constipation. So one should avoid them to a large extent.
- Including small amounts of olive oil, castor oil, and ghee help in lubrication and easy passage of the stools.
- Triphala, which is a popular Ayurvedic preparation, can be mixed with warm water and consumed to prevent constipation. Given its bitter taste, you can add a small amount of honey to it. It has antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-parasitic properties. This helps in overall cleansing of the colon and is not just a short-term remedy.
- Yogasanas like pavana muktasana, yoga mudra, dhanur asana, and vajrasana have major benefits on the digestive system, including releasing accumulated gas and passage of stools.
Following these tips and maintaining dietary and lifestyle discipline is very effective in providing long term remedy from constipation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Tips for Healthy Digestion
Digestion begins in the mouth when you begin to chew. In fact, just the act of chewing thoroughly can take a huge strain off your digestive system by prompting your body to provide enzymes to help digestion. Here are a few other things you can do to promote healthy digestion.
1. Follow a clean diet
Bananas contain approximately 15-20 percent of your daily fiber needs. Bananas also contain fructooligosaccharide, which is a natural compound that encourages growth of beneficial bacteria. This bacteria–termed “probiotics”–is responsible for a myriad of activities in your body, including facilitating the appropriate digestion and elimination of food.  this goes to show that diet, particularly a natural plant-based diet, is incredibly powerful for keeping your digestive system in check.
Green vegetables will also help keep your digestive system healthy for their high amounts of fiber, relatively low carbohydrate and sugar load, and good amounts of water. Foods like kale, spinach, wheatgrass, and alfalfa are all good choices to integrate into your diet. Broccoli sprouts are unsurpassed in their ability to stimulate enzymes that detoxify the digestive system.
Another thing you can do to benefit your digestive tract is to do some simple, daily exercises. The colon functions much more effectively when abdominal muscles are strong and consistently in motion. Crunches are an excellent way to strengthen these muscles and to improve your appearance at the same time, but simple walking can keep your digestive system healthy by improving blood flow to the intestines and colon. One study showed that women who walk daily were 31% less likely to develop colon cancer.
3. Try therapeutic herbs
There are also herbs that can benefit your digestive tract. Two common varieties include organic cilantro and organic dandelion leaf. Cilantro oil is an enzymatic stimulant. It also helps our intestines secrete digestive acids and juices, and it adds fiber to the digestive process. Some people use cilantro to relieve stomach gas and flatulence. Organic dandelion leaf helps detoxify the digestive tract and help stimulate it when it becomes sluggish. It is one of the best herbs to take for promoting optimal digestive function.
You can’t discount the connection between your mental health and physical health. Stress is one of the most pervasive killers in our society. And while we can’t control every circumstance that causes stress, we can change the way we respond. When we’re stressed, our body goes into the “fight or flight” mode, switching off our digestion so we can run away or deal with the problem head on.  meditation is an excellent way to relax and reduce stress; and studies show that relaxation is a powerful method for improving digestive health.
5. Take probiotics and enzymes
A probiotic such as latero-flora™ may be helpful for replenishing your body’s supply of beneficial bacteria which your digestive tract actually needs. If you suffer from digestive issues of any kind, an enzyme supplement like veganzyme®, which contains no animal products, is designed to help digestive health and the way your body works as a whole.