Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Ms.KalpitaYour feedback matters!
I am babu jain 30 years old. I am so much fat. I want to reduce my weight. Pls consult me to how can I reduce my weight?
I am Diabetic Patient since 7 years. My age 55 years, Latest report HB1C 7.5 and lipid profile total Cholrestal 183. I have take Medicine. Trivolib Forte 1 mg-twice a Day, Ecosprin AV 75-at Night, Bp Medicine Newtel H-in morning. Problem is my Fasting Sugar is above 150 last 1 month, Please advice change diabetic medicine. I have take ayurvedic Medicine IEMI -9, with this aliphatic medicine.
Hi sir I am 20 years old I want to know about healthy food Which foods are gives healthy figure? I use normal food and I am not so rich so which foods are best for me?
I am 72 years old. I have dementia .I forget to wear sun glasses, Hearing aid. Please advise me what to do. I have back pain. There was hernia repair operation on 18/5/2016. Still there is pain and swelling on right side the area between abdomen and thigh.
Vitamin and trace element deficiencies
Fat soluble vitamins
Vitamin a (retinol)
• Found in dairy produce, eggs, fish oils, and liver.
• Deficiency causes night blindness, xerophthalmia, keratomalacia (corneal thickening) and follicular hyperkeratosis.
Vitamin d (cholecalciferol)
• Found in fish liver oils, dairy produce, and undergoes metabolism at the kidneys and the skin using uv light.
• Deficiency causes rickets (in children) and osteomalacia (in adults). Proximal muscle weakness may be evident.
Vitamin e (alpha-tocopherol)
• Widely distributed, green vegetables, and vegetable oils.
• Deficiency causes hemolytic anemia (premature infants) and gross ataxia.
Vitamin k (k 1 = phylloquinine k 2 = menaquinone)
• Widely distributed but particularly in green vegetables. Synthesized by intestinal bacteria.
• Deficiency causes coagulation defects seen as easy bruising and hemorrhage.
Water soluble vitamins
Vitamin b 1 (thiamine)
• Found in cereals, peas, beans, yeast, and whole-wheat fl our. It is an essential factor in carbohydrate metabolism and transketolation reactions.
• Deficiency causes dry beri-beri (sensory and motor peripheral neuropathy), wet beri-beri (high output cardiac failure and edema), wernicke–korsakoff syndrome.
Vitamin b 2 (ribofl avin)
• Found in whole-wheat flour, meat, fish, and dairy produce. It is a coenzyme in reversible electron carriage in oxidation–reduction reactions.
• Deficiency gives angular stomatitis (fissuring and inflammation at the corners of the mouth), inflamed oral mucous membranes, seborrhoeic dermatitis, and peripheral neuropatmhy. Drugs (e. G, isoniazid, hydralazine, penicillamine) and is also seen in alcoholism and pregnancy.
Vitamin b 12 (cyanocobalamin)
• Causes of a deficiency are numerous and include partial or total gastrectomy, crohn’s disease, ileal resection, jejunal diverticulae, blind loop syndrome, and tapeworm.
• Deficiency causes megaloblastic anemia, peripheral neuropathy, subacute combined degeneration of the spinal cord depression, psychosis, and opticatrophy.
Vitamin b 9 (folic acid)
• Deficiency can be caused by poor diet, malabsorption states, coeliac disease, crohn’s disease, gastrectomy, drugs (e. G, methotrexate, phenytoin), excessive utilization (E.G, leukemia, malignancy, inflammatory disease).
• Consequences of deficiency include megaloblastic anemia, and glossitis.
Vitamin c (ascorbic acid)
Deficiency causes scurvy (perifoillicular haemorrhage, bleeding swollen gums, spontaneous bruising, corkscrew hair, failure of wound healing), anemia, and osteoporosis. Trace elements Copper
• Deficiency results in hypochromic and microcytic anemia, wilson’s disease, impaired bone mineralization, menks’ kinky hair syndrome (growth failure, mental defi ciency, bone lesions, brittle hair, anemia).
• Usually caused by copper malabsorption.
Zinc deficiency causes achondromatosis enterpathica (infants develop growth retardation, hair loss, severe diarrhea, candida and bacterial infections), impaired wound healing, skin ulcers, alopecia, night blindness, confusion, apathy, and depression.
Magnesium severe deficiency can cause cardiac arrhythmias, paraesthesia and tetany. Iodine severe deficiency can cause cretinism (children), hypothyroidism, and goiter.
Vitamin b 3 (niacin)
• Found in fish, liver, nuts, and whole-wheat flour.
• Deficiency causes pellagra): dermatitis, diarrhea, dementia.
Vitamin b 6 (pyridoxine)
• Widespread distribution, also synthesized from tryptophan.
• Deficiency causes peripheral neuropathy, convulsions, and sideroblastic anemia. Deficiency may be provoked by a number of commonly used.
I am of 23 age now but my body is too slim not look like age of 23 then what should do? And I don't fall ill for last 4 years.
I am losing loss of weight. I take Thyronorm 50 mcg daily. Is this due to thyroid problem. I am 44 years female. What food is good to gain weight.
Emotional Eating and Stress.
Hello friends! Myself, Dr. Shahazad. I’m a Psychologist by profession. I have deal with so many clients in my life like I have more than thousand satisfied customers even through, phone, email, or they are doing it with chat. We have clinics where clients are coming in the clinic also and we are taking care of the clients. I have sixteen years of experience as a psychologist, as a counselling psychologist. I have deal with so many problems like depression, anxiety, stress, even food addiction, addiction of alcohol, cigarettes, or any kind of addiction which is coming to your mind that we are covering. We are also dealing with the stress related to eating habits like mostly the people are having emotional eating these days and they are not aware of why they are gaining weight. They are gaining weight because of their emotional eating.
I will just give you an example like people do take care of, when they are stressed out, they tend to eat more. Why they tend to eat more because when they are stressed out they burn more energy that’s why they need more energy. When they need more energy then, for that they need to eat more food and the rich sources of energy is carbohydrate, or things which is like sugar, or carbohydrate or things which is made up of maida. So, mostly people tend to eat more those kind of foods. When people tend to eat those kinds of foods, they feel guilt also.
After eating so much of junk food, they feel guilt and that guilt leads to stress and that stress again make the person eat, so this is the basic cycle which is going through. So, we are dealing with emotional eating, food addiction, alcohol addictions, stress, anxiety, depression, even any kind of stress or as we know in our lives, there are so many ups and downs because of many reasons, related to health, related to personal problems, personal life, even, family lives.
If you are finding anything which is not smooth or not going along with your life in a proper manner then, you need a counselling and for that you can opt, you can call us on Lybrate or even you can do live chat on Lybrate or you can go for a video chat through the Lybrate.