Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I eat less, I also maintain my diet but then also dont know why my weight increases manually according to the curve of parabola?
Hello sir I m just 19 year old but I m facing some problems related to my physical sir like white hair and straight and physical activities I m very weak can you suggest me protein chart sir when I make a strong and good health.
I am 58 years old male suffering from Hypertension and diabetic which are within limits with consuming regular medicines I want to consult .
No matter what I try I can't put up weight. Compare to my height my body is not good enough. Any suggestion?
I have gained more weight in the past 6 months. I have tried many diet. But it also doesn't work. I need to reduce my weight. Please help me.
I had a great academic career. But, after I completed my studies and entered into the professional world, I have been getting consecutive failures for the last four years now. Somehow, still I have summoned my strength. I have a dream and I am working hard to achieve it. But at times I loose my focus and the past experiences overcast my effort. How can I clear my mind and concentrate all through for my dream. I know I have the potential to achieve it. Just tell me, how can I be focused all through. I want to know the method by which I can clear my mind of the past experiences that I had and achieve my dream.
Can I increase my metabolism rate by eating vitamin and calcium tablet? If not what should I eat daily for increasing my metabolism rate?
How can I increase my body weight because my body weight is very less and I cannot compete with others because of this problem.
Diabetes refers to a medical condition where the glucose level in your blood increases. It usually happens if there is an excess amount of glucose in your body and your body is unable to utilize it efficiently. In this condition your pancreas either stops producing insulin or fails to produce the requisite amount and hence prevents glucose from entering the cells of your body.
This in turn affects your blood glucose level. Millions of people around the globe are affected by diabetes irrespective of their gender or age. For most people diabetes is generally a lifelong medical condition and can affect your health seriously if it gets severe.
There are many stages and types of diabetes, such as Type 1 diabetes, Type 2 diabetes, Gestational diabetes, Pre-diabetes, Diabetes Mellitus and Diabetes Insipidus. Not all diabetes can be prevented but some of the above mentioned ones can be prevented with proper care. Below mentioned are eight tips to prevent diabetes
1. Eating the right portion: The primary key for preventing diabetes is choosing the right amount of food. Eating the right portions can help you to stay away from diabetes. Consider seeking advice from a nutritionist or dietician for knowing the exact portion size you should eat according to your age.
2. Exercise on a regular basis: Exercising regularly for at least half an hour a day can help you to prevent diabetes. You may consider walking or running exercises.
3. Choose the right food: Opt for whole grains as this can help you to maintain your blood sugar level and keep diabetes at bay. Also, try and avoid red meat as it contains high levels of iron which can affect insulin production and increase your chances of developing diabetes.
4. Get rid of obesity: If your BMI is more than thirty then you are suffering from obesity. Obesity increases your chances of developing diabetes. So in order to prevent diabetes you should work at maintaining a balanced weight.
5. Avoid carbonated drinks: Carbonated drinks contain high levels of sugar. This can increase your chances of developing diabetes. So you should try and avoid drinks like colas.
Following the above mentioned tips can help you to avert diabetes.