Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Ms. Kajal Kamble
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. Kajal KambleYour feedback matters!
Can my mother eat sprouted moong. She is 50 years old and have diabetes in which her health got reduces and become weak when increase in diabetes. She have problem of pain in legs mostly and her bones are also weak as her health got down. So please guide.
Diabetes is probably one of the worst enemies of human health. Why? That is because unlike many other diseases which make you aware of their presence in your body instantly, diabetes is a silent attacker. So, you may continue to be unaware of the disease for a very long time, before you suddenly realize that something is wrong with your body one day. And then tests reveal that you are afflicted with diabetes.
In order to make sure that this doesn't happen to you, you have to keep an eye on the symptoms of diabetes because prevention, no matter how tedious it is, is always better than the cure. Here is a look at the usual but often ignored signs which indicate that you might be suffering from diabetes.
- If you are taking more bathroom breaks than usual, and if the rate of going to the loo is increasing gradually with time, it can well be a sign of diabetes. When you are suffering from diabetes, your body becomes less efficient in breaking down the consumed food into sugar and utilising it. Therefore, a lot of sugar gets saturated in your bloodstream and your body gets rid of it by flushing it out through urination.
- If you urinate a lot, it is self-evident that you would also feel very thirsty all the time. In some cases, the patients don't realize their problem and drink chocolate milk or aerated drinks which have sweet flavours. This leads to excess sugar in your body again, and the problem continues. So all in all, if you feel very thirsty all the time, get yourself checked.
- You might lose weight, and it may really seem like a great thing in the beginning but it is not. When a person has diabetes, he is likely to lose his weight because of the decreasing water level in his body as well as the inability of the body to break down food into more suitable forms.
- If you are tired all the time, and by all the time we mean even after getting up from a long and good night's sleep, you may have diabetes. The reason for this is that fatigue comes to you when your body cannot produce enough energy from the food you consume, and this happens only when you have diabetes.
- If your cuts and bruises heal slower than ever, you definitely are a victim of diabetes. This is because the immunity and clotting system of your body don't work well when there is a saturation of sugars in your body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
I am 17 years old. I am a dancer. I've been dieting bit as in not consuming much calories. Just eating what is necessary. I can't see any changes in my body weight. But my cheeks are flattening day by day. The chubbiness of my cheeks are gone and bones can be seen. What should I do to my face.?
I am 48 years old and my weight is 66 kg and height is 5.3 inches. I am active but have gained weight weight. Please advise medicine to lose weight.
Everyone wants a slim suave figure and heads to a gym to work out and get trim. Fitness has its own share of myths and misconceptions
Almost everyone heads to a gym these days. If the guys want six pack abs the girls want well toned hips and thighs. Working out is good but there are several myths and misconceptions which shroud fitness. Dr. Earnest vijay, fitness director, o2 health studio dispels some of these myths.
Doing crunches helps to get six pack abs
This is not true. Men do crunches for abs and women do for well toned hips and thighs. The truth is that crunches only work on the muscles and not on the fat. If you see a surya or a hrithik roshan with six pack abs remember they haven’t had a sip of water for over 24 hours to get that look! so crunches alone don’t help to get six packs.
Spot reduction- does it work?
People come to the gym saying they want spot reduction. They want to lose weight only on the arms not on the face, only on the face not on the cheeks etc. The truth is that you cannot choose and loose in exercise. Fat loss is an overall phenomenon is exercise and also based on genetics. We say what is the first to come is the last to go! so spot reduction doesn’t work for sure!
Crash dieting- how effective?
People follow crash diets and they do loose weight but it piles back in no time. These crash diets have no proper balance of proteins, fats and carbohydrates. Most of them are high in protein and are un healthy because they don’t give the body the required minerals. It is important to consult a dietician and take the recommended dietaty allowances according to the body weight and it should be a plan that can be followed for a life time.
Yo yo effect
There is a huge misconception that you lose weight when you are exercising in the gym and when you stop gymming you gain back double the weight. This is not true. You won’t gain more if you maintain a certain level of physical activity even outside the gym and also continue to follow the diet. It is only when you don’t burn the calories you consume it gets stored as fat and tend to put on weight.
Weight training builds muscles
Many women don’t do weight training because they think they will build up muscles. The truth is that women have no hormones which can cause muscles to build up. Weight training actually helps to strengthen bones and prevent osteoporosis in women.
Do you need supplements?
Proteins and fat burners are not required if you are eating healthy and working out well. The recommended protein requirement is 1 gram of protein per kg body weight per day and this we get from our diet itself. Fat burners cause adverse effects to the cardiovascular and nervous systems.
Don’t take water while working out?
Water is needed before, during and after exercise. The best is to weight yourself before the work out and after the work out and consume as much water as the weight you have lost during the work out. It is important to remain well hydrated to prevent cramps, heat strokes and it helps you perform better in the gym.
Fitness involves a cardio vascular fitness, muscle strengthening, flexibility and body composition and there is a specific exercise for all. Yoga helps only the flexibility, stress and improves the breathing capacity. One needs to do specific exercises for specific goals and yoga alone may not help for weight loss.
Exercise causes over eating
Moderately intense exercise does not cause over eating. This means you don’t go out of breath while exercise. Only people who over do it, get completely breathless end up over eating after exerciseing.
Skipping meals- does it help?
It is said that those who skip breakfast to lose weight usually end up eating 100 calories more than required for lunch. It is important to break meals into 5 portions and have balanced quantities of carbohydrates, proteins and fats in them. A well balanced meal is important to keep the body healthy.
So all you fitness freaks out there…. Make sure you eat healthy, exercise well, don’t believe in myths that misguide you! a simple work out, a healthy diet and a positive frame of mind can all get you to the figure you always dreamt of!
Jeera or cumin can do more than add flavour to your food. For your health to benefit from jeera, boil a spoon of raw jeera with a cup of water and strain it. This tea can help resolve a number of health issues, skin and hair problems. This should ideally be taken on an empty stomach in the morning. Some of the health benefits of jeera water are:
- It aids digestion: A glass of jeera water in the morning can stimulate the production of enzymes that help break down carbohydrates, glucose and fats. It also enhances your metabolism and prevents diarrhoea, nausea and gaseousness among other indigestion problems.
- It helps remove toxins: Jeera water is rich in antioxidants that can help flush toxins from the body and promote the healthy functioning of internal organs. This is especially beneficial for the liver.
- It boosts immunity: Jeera is rich in iron, which helps the immune system function optimally. A glass of jeera water can account for up to 7% of the recommended daily iron intake. Vitamins A and C, which help protect the body against infections, are also found in jeera water.
- It helps treat anaemia: The high levels of iron in jeera make it ideal for treating anaemic patients. Without adequate iron, the body will not be able to produce enough red blood cells and hence hamper circulation of oxygen-rich blood.
- It improves the respiratory system: Jeera has anti-congestive properties. Hence, drinking a glass of jeera water can help dilute and discharge mucus in the chest. Its antiseptic properties also help kill microbes that cause colds and coughs.
- It improves the quality of your sleep: Jeera water can help cure insomnia to a large degree. Not only does it help you fall asleep faster, it can also ensure you have a better quality of sleep.
- It improves memory: Jeera can help enhance ones brainpower. This helps sharpen your memory and increases your attention span.
- It helps achieve clear skin: Jeera is full of fibre and free radical scavengers. This helps detoxify the body and helps make their elimination smoother. By fighting free radicals, jeera water helps keep the skin clear and adds a natural glow. This also makes jeera an effective way of treating acne. Jeera also has antioxidant properties that help prevent premature aging. Additionally, jeera water can soothe the skin and increase the skin’s ability to absorb nutrients from food. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.