Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Mohini ChowdaryYour feedback matters!
I have only a desk job. After this work my weight lost two kilo. Please suggest me how to recover my weight.
1. Optimize Your Thyroid Treatment
Some thyroid patients -- and practitioners -- believe that if athyroid patient has gained weight, or can't lose weight, simply getting on thyroid medication will be the solution. Unfortunately, this seems to be less common that patients who, despite being treated, continue to gain weight despite eating well and exercising, or who can't lose weight no matter what diet or exercise approach they try.
Many practitioners believe that for thyroid patients who want to lose weight, the first step is to optimize -- not just normalize -- your thyroid treatment. What is considered "optimal" Not only are TSH, Free T4 and Free T3 levels considered important, but Reverse T3, ferritin, leptin, and other issues come into play in terms of optimal thyroid treatment.
2. Hormone Resistance Issues
Some practitioners believe that hormone resistance problems -- including leptin resistance , insulin resistance , and thyroid resistance -- contribute to the difficult some thyroid patients face in losing weight . This means, having fasting glucose, leptin, and Reverse T3 tested , evaluated, and potentially treated.
3. Increase Your Metabolism
Because hypothyroidism lowers metabolism, one of the most important things you can do is to focus on is diet, foods, and exercise that can help raise your metabolism .
4. Change Your Diet
Making changes to your diet can be essential to successful weight loss. This can include avoiding overconsumption of goitro genic foods and vegetables (watch out for those raw juice diets!), going gluten/wheat-free , and limiting simple carbohydrates and sugar .
5. Get Enough Sleep
A crucial factor for weight loss is getting enough sleep . One study showed that women who slept 5 hours per night were 32% more likely to experience major weight gain (an increase of 33 pounds or more) and 15% more likely to become obese over the course of the 16-year study, compared to those who slept 7 hours a night. Some practitioners have even said it's better to skip a morning workout and use the time to sleep!
6. Try Supplements
There are hundreds of diet and weight loss supplements on the market, and very few of them are proven to be effective. But some may be of help to you in lowering appetite, lowering blood sugar, burning fat, or raising metabolism. One in particular that has some research behind it is conjugated linoleic acid . (Be careful, however, about supplements that are loaded with iodine.)
7. Get the Right Kind of Exercise
Many practitioners recommend regular exercise for thyroid patients who want to lose weight, but not excessive exercise -- the kind that leaves you exhausted or recuperating for days. My exercise of choice is T-Tapp , but other patients have found walking, Pilates, and other forms of exercise effective. The challenge is of course actually doing the exercise!
DR SURBHI AGRAWAL
consultant physician, diabetologist and wellness expert
My father drinking water as well as he feel more thirsty and he also go for urine lot of time even we checked he do not have any physical problem my father age:-58. Please give me advise what we have to do?
I am 23 years old. My stomach is like family pack, it is increasing, what should I do? I am going for jogging everyday for 10km. Do exercises by seeing in Internet. What should I do more to reduce?
What to eat to gain weight in a healthy way. I have acne so please suggest food and supplements which don't worsen acne and help me gain weight.
There are many organisms that live in our bodies and on the surface of the skin. These are usually harmless and do not cause any damage. But there are many organisms like viruses, fungi and bacteria that can cause infectious disorders known as infections. There are many kinds of infections that can affect the various parts of the body. These are generally caused by various things starting from contaminated food, to transmission from an infected person and more. Read on to know more about the kind of infections and their causes.
- Common Symptoms: The various kinds of infections usually have common symptoms including fever due the start of the immune system's fight against the infecting organism, as well as cough, cold, chills, fatigue, loss of appetite, loose motions and pain. All these symptoms point at the presence of an infection.
- Types: As mentioned earlier, infections can be of various types. Starting from viral infections that come with the change of seasons with allergy like symptoms, to STDs or sexually transmitted disease that are contagious and can spread with sexual contact, or even throat, stomach and other kinds of infections that can occur due to ingestion of contaminated food, insect bites and much more; there are several types of infections that can afflict the various parts of the body.
- Indirect Contact: There are many surfaces like sinks, faucets, keyboards, tables, door knobs and more, which can carry and pass on infections through contact. This is especially true for public places including public toilets which are the number one cause of UTI or urinary tract infection.
- Insect Bites: Fleas, tick, lice and even mosquitoes are all carriers of germs because they fly from one contaminated place to another, feasting on dirty and contaminated elements. A bite from one such insect can cause infections. Also, if we ingest food on which house flies and mosquitoes have been sitting, then we are risk of contracting infections.
- Food Contamination: Continuing from the point above, food and water contamination can lead to the travel of disease causing germs into your system which can spread infection. This can also happen when you eat old food that has not been stored under proper conditions, as there may be fungi or mould growing on it.
- Direct Contact: One of the causes of infection includes direct causes like contact with an infected person or animal. Coughing or sneezing on someone, getting bitten by an animal, or even mother to unborn child - there are many infections that can be spread in this manner.
Getting vaccinated on time can help in preventing many infections. This is especially important if you are travelling to various countries.
My height is almost 6 foot and my weight is 58 kg. I feel weakness myself after my marriage. I take 1/2 kg milk with ashwagandha powder daily. But I want quick result for good health and power. Give me valuable advice.
How to get better resistance power from eating natural food like fruits or vegetables means we want to eat which type of vegetables or fruits.
My Grandpa is an diabetes patient, from last 15 years. His legs Burns from inside and it pains very much. We had taken him for checkup many Dr. says it will not be hill. Many Dr. give medicines ,many people had suggested many ayurvedic medicines or treatments but it doesn't effect so can suggest me some medicine for grandpa and it will thankful. Thank you.
My child's age is 13 years her weigh is 90 kgs she is obese pls give me the remedy for her lose of weight. She is not having any hormone or thyroid and kidney problems. Please give me suggestions.
1. Brooming and mopping our house
2. Doing gardening work
3. Cleaning our house
4. Washing the car or Bike
5. Taking the dog for walking .So we too walk
6. Take a long walk in the Malls
7. Weekends .U can go to beech side and parks
8. Yoga/ meditation can also be practiced
As it is said that it is Very unsafe to drink water in plastic Bottles, then what is it's Substitute and how to avoid it. Also we get Soft drinks, and many other Packed liquids in pet plastic bottles. Are these all are unsafe? How can we avoid those.
Hi, my husband, who is of 33 years old, is suffering with gastrouble. When we consulted a doctor, we came to know that he has fatty liver and high cholestrol levels. Could you please tell me what all precautions can take to control the same? also please explain the diet which we can follow? thanks in advance.
Myth: pills cause infertility (problem in conceiving) after it is stopped.
Fact: research has shown that even after use for 5 years women have not had any delay in conceiving
Myth: pills are used only for contraception
Fact: pills offer many benefits in addition to protection against unplanned pregnancy like less heavy bleeding, therefore less anaemia, regular bleeding the timing of which can be controlled, fewer symptoms reduction in pelvic inflammatory disease, and acne especially with modern progestin.