Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Madhavi GajjarYour feedback matters!
I am very thin. Age 26 now. Weight 55kg only. Wht can I do to gain weight and become healthy. Please help me.
HELLO DOCTOR I tried almost all the way and I am eating almost all type of food but still I am not gaining weight.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
Sir I have more body heat. With more body heat am not able to concentrate on any thing and am getting more headache. How I can reduce body heat naturally.
On doctor's prescription I went through barium swallow test now the situation is that my report are showing high levels of GGTP or 122 What does high level GGTP signify are there any significant complications associated with it
A dermatologist is a medical professional who is trained to treat disorders pertaining to skin, hair and nails and genital diseases. Reddened skin, irritation, abnormal patches, blemishes on the skin etc. are the conditions affecting most people at some point of their lives. Hair loss, irritation on the scalp, dandruff, brittle nails are common as well and it is important to see a dermatologist if such conditions persist to prevent any major issue and for the overall well-being of an individual. Here are some very common reasons that drive people to visit their dermatologist.
1. Acne - Acne is the most common skin woe among teenagers and it affects adults as well. Although people tend to self- medicate or use home remedies for treating acne, it is important to recognize its cause. If acne is one's constant reason of embarrassment, it's time to see a professional and get some customized medication.
2. Sun spots or mole - Overexposure to the sun can cause varied skin conditions among which sunspots and sunburns are most commonly seen. If the exposed area develops irritation and red patches, one should seek professional help. An early examination can detect adverse issues like skin cancer, Moles are also very common, some people have moles since birth, and some develop new ones later in life. It is a cause of concern if the mole changes size, color or if it bleeds scabs or pains.
3. Eczema - Eczema is a broad term used to describe certain chronic conditions of the skin. Eczema causes the skin to become red, itchy, dry and swollen. It leads to great discomfort and distress often ruining one's sleep and mental peace. Atopic Dermatitis is a most common form of Eczema usually seen in children. Proper treatment can cause it to subside. If you observe any symptoms of eczema, a visit to the dermatologist is a must.
4. Patches of skin lighter or darker than the normal skin tone - Often some areas of the skin change color and they are not always the result of sun exposure because sometimes the skin can also become lighter. These may be symptoms serious diseases like leprosy or even cutaneous lymphoma, a kind of cancer or a disorder in the connective tissue. A thorough examination will reveal its cause and treatment can be opted for, which will require a visit to a dermatologist.
5. Hair loss - Hair loss may be due to various reasons and a dermatologist is best to treat it.
6. Psoriasis - It is an autoimmune skin disease which causes red scaly rashes on the body. It is important to diagnose and treat it effectively and one should visit a dermatologist for the same.
7. Nail problems - Apart from fungal infection, there are many other conditions which affect nails and the only dermatologist can identify it. So if you have any issues related to nail, consult a dermatologist.
8. Sexually Transmitted Diseases - Unprotected sexual intercourse can predispose one to many sexually transmitted diseases apart from HIV, for example, genital herpes, molluscum, genital warts etc and a dermatologist is well trained for diagnosis and treatment of the same.
Smoking kills 1 million peaple/year in India.Majority of death are due to lung cancer,copd and heart diseases.Bidi is more harmful then cigarette.Second hand smoke is smoke exhaled by smoker and smoke produced by burning end of cigarette.Second hand smoking is like smoking himself/herself and produces same harm as active smoking.
Babies whose mothers smoke while pregnant and babies exposed to second hand smoke after birth are more likely to die due to SUDDEN INFANT DEATH SYNDROME. Older children whose parents smoke get sick more often as thier lungs grow less, are more prone to get bronchitis and pneumonia.Second hand smoke cause irritation of skin,throat and eyes.
WHAT ONE CAN DO -Keep away from second hand smoke.Do not allow anyone to smoke near children.Do not allow any one in the house to smoke.Teach older kids to stay away from second hand smoke.
BENIFITS OF SMOKING CESSATION. Life can change for better after smokinf cessation.
Within 20 minutes of cessation blood pressure drop to normal
8 hours later CO level drop to normal
28 hours later chances of heart attack decreases.
2 weeks later blood circulation improves.
3 month later lung function improves.
1-9 month later coughing,fatique,shortness of breath decreases.
DR MOOL CHAND GUPTA
MD RESPIRATORY MEDICINE