Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Leena Phedhenkar
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Leena PhedhenkarYour feedback matters!
I am not getting fat even I am eating very much and in time. I had not taken any kind of proteins nor any medicines. What should I do?
Hi my father is diabetic patient his fore skin is tightened sir tell me operation if operation has be done any side effects or any infection can come please tell in future any problems will come operation is good or bad.
I am not loosing weight. I am in anger and frustration. So please suggest me for health tips to reduce my weight and live a better life.
Sir mere face pe pimples bahut zyada hote h and Motapa Bhi badh raha hai or height to badne ka naam hi nhi le rahi h so sir please advise.
Hello doctor, I am 22 year student. I want to ask that how to reduce my belly fat. I feel tired as well and unable to concentrate on my studies. Please suggest what should I do.
Aquaguard, pure it such water purifying machines are really effective? I mean they really prevent water borne diseases? Or they really maintain our health good? If a person suffering from liver problems drink water from any of these, should he really relax that the water he is taking is good for his health?
I want to reduce wight but naturally or more precisely through diet only, please suggest balance diet chart if possible. I am a strict vegetarian live in delhi.
Hi ,im suffering with type 1 diabetes from last 15 yr, I joined gym 2 months before, im taking rice twice a day, due to this im getting shape, my friends are telling to avoid egg ,they are saying it may lead to skin allergies & hernia. So please give me diet chart for protien to shape my body.
My 1 year old had started walking at 11 months and then stopped. Now he is not keeping his left foot firmly on the ground.. He keeps his right foot firm while the left one's fingers only while walking. He doesn't keep his heels on the ground What can be the possible reasons for this? What should I do?
My age is 19 I am very skinny I want to become fat in 1 week what should I eat. And please give me a time table what should I eat in a day.
No time for gym? try these 6 amazing tricks to stay in shape
Who says you need to go to the gym to be in shape? people were much fitter when gyms did not exist at all. The key here is being active or moving your body, which given our modern lifestyle seems hard to achieve. Going to the gym at a regular time each day is a focused way of getting your daily exercise. But it’s not the only way. You can have a fit and toned body by making certain changes in your daily lifestyle which will be a more fun and holistic way of embracing exercise. It also saves your gym expenses!
Here are some simple and fun ways to stay in shape without joining a gym:
1. Start simple home exercises
- Skipping, jumps, squats, burpees and lunges are few simple exercises that will give you a great cardio workout.
- If you want to tone your muscles, do bench presses, stomach crunches, squats and burpees.
- Yoga is also a great way to tone up muscles and build strength.
2. Walk more
- Walk to work if possible. If you need to use transport, park your car 1 km ahead of your workplace or get down two stops ahead if you use public transport.
- Walk briskly to feel your heart pumping. Walk while speaking on your mobile phone.
- Buy a pedometer or download a smartphone app to count your daily steps for motivation.
- Doctors recommend a minimum of 10000 steps a day.
3. Stay active at your workplace
- Instead of sitting and staring at your computer screen all day at work, find innovative ways to exercise.
- While you are waiting for that printout, kick up each leg by turn behind you. Use your water bottle to do arm raises and arm twists.
- Clench and release your fingers in case you are typing for too long.
- While sitting at your desk, stretch out your legs by turn and hold them straight out at hip level under the table.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator for a few floors at least.
4. Take up a fun activity
- You can get a pet dog and take it out for regular walks.
- Join a local sports team like cricket, football or basketball.
- Dancing and swimming are other ways of enjoying while exercising.
- You can even play an active video game that requires you to get out of your seat and move.
5. Do household chores
- Daily household chores like sweeping, mopping, dusting, scrubbing and gardening are also ways of staying fit. Do them as fast as you can for maximum impact.
- Also, avoid sitting for too long. Simply standing can stretch your back muscles and help you lose 33% more calories.
6. Start running
- Running or jogging daily is a great way to exercise your whole body and build stamina.
- Make it a social activity by pairing up with your friends and colleagues. All you need is a good pair of shoes.
- You can start building these habits only if you are convinced about the need for daily exercise. It won’t take long before you are so addicted to living a more active life that you wouldn’t want to change it! so go ahead and take small but sure steps towards an active and healthy lifestyle and see yourself transform.