Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Leena PhedhenkarYour feedback matters!
I am 26 years old male. My wight is only 46 kg. How to gain wait and my body posture is not straight from back to solder. So how to correct my body posture.
I am suffering with less height and weight so I want to know some healthy food and tips to get rid of this problem's.
I am not healthy every time and I am feeling week can you suggest any medicines that helps me to healthy and I am also want to increase my weight. Sir please help me.
Now a days lot many brands of green tea are available in market. It is difficult to select best suitable for high bp & cancer protection. Would you please suggest brand name or how to judge which one to buy? thanking you.
Mai flat tummy k liye daily exercise krti hu lekin agar kbhi kisi majburi se bich may kuch din exercise chut jati hai to meri tummy fir se waisi hi ho jati hai. Iska kya wajha hai mujhe help kre.
How can a women identify her fertility days is there any signs in body or any indications there please let me know.
Few days ago I had suffered from dehydration and after that I can't recover completely from that. So please suggest me something for this.
How to make your home mosquito free
With zika virus threat looming large in India, dengue, chikungunya, malaria and other deadly diseases aren't cases on the rise throughout the country, there has been an alarming rise is the use of market bought mosquito repellents. While they are no doubt, very effective, but they also emit gases which can be harmful to us. There exist in our homes, commodities with which we can achieve the same results - to have a mosquito-free home. Few such ways are as follows:
1. Though it might smell bad initially, it is also the reason why mosquitoes will stay away. Crush a few pods of garlic, boil it in water and spray the liquid in the room, especially in the corners.
2. Camphor is easily available and good way to get rid of mosquitoes. Light a little bit of camphor in a room after closing all doors and windows. Leave the room for about twenty minutes and when you go back, your room will be mosquito free.
3. Infuse citronella oil in a candle and burn the candle to have a mosquito free room. Alternatively, you can use the oil in a vaporizer.
4. If you have a garden, plant mosquito repellent plants like lavender, catnip and citronella in the areas near the windows of your house to drive the mosquitoes away.
5. Get rid of all stored water within and around your house. These waters are breeding grounds for mosquitoes. If you need to store water for the unexpected shortage of water, make sure that you keep changing it.
Sharing is caring. Share this helpful tip with your loved ones by clicking on Share below.
I am 33 year old male my weight is 85kg and I want to reduce my weight. I heard that free coffee bean extract will help in reducing weight ahts your opinion about that?
Adult orthodontics---An insight
A few decades ago, orthodontic treatment was not frequently undertaken for adult patients but the number of adult patients nowadays receiving orthodontic treatment is increasing day by day. Most of the adults (18-40 years) who have not received orthodontic treatment as children or young adults due to financial restrictions or lack of awareness, now want to seek orthodontic treatment as they have become financially independent and are more aware of their looks. Their main goal is to correct their malocclusion, their smile, appearance & their quality of life.
Adult orthodontics demand additional skills to bring out the best possible outcome in most of the cases as most adults in both the younger & older groups fairly understand what they want as outcome of the treatment. Although buccal fixed metallic braces are efficient treatment systems, these motivated adult patients have some concerns about the appearance of conventional orthodontic braces. The demand for an invisible orthodontic treatment comes from adults who are concerned about the reaction of others to obvious orthodontic treatment either due to peer pressure, demands of their working atmosphere other constrains. Nowadays, there are 3 main options for adults to undergo orthodontic treatment:
- Ceramic braces: These are brackets made of tooth colored material placed on the outer side of teeth. They do mask the metallic smile of course, but these are not totally invisible.
- Lingual orthodontics: These braces are placed on the inner side of teeth, so these are not visible at all but patient need more adjustment time in them due to the close proximity of tongue. These are more technically difficult for the orthodontist to use efficiently orthodontists do need to have special training to master this technique with a long steep learning curve.
- Clear aligners: These are transparent appliances which are snapped over teeth for treatment. These appliances are efficient effective for non-extraction treatment with mild to moderate malocclusions but still have a long way to go before they can be successfully used to treat difficult malocclusion cases. Further developments in technique technology may overcome these limitations.
- Summarizing, it can be said that treatment options are numerous. Depending upon the patient’s expectations as well as the financial aspect complications of the case, your orthodontist will suggest you the treatment mode best suited for you. However, its absolutely necessary that patient realizes that the skill competence of a trained certified orthodontist is the most important factor in the success of the treatment.
I am 42 years old having a problem I can't hold more than 30 seconds in bed I do pre ejacavaction. I feel very drained and also have no STamina.
Sir, I am 20 year female, have low hemoglobin rate, please suggest me some diet to increase the hemoglobin count, I feel anemic and tired on doing work, I want to increase my health. I don't like milk, curd.and also vegetarian, pls suggest me some protein rich diet.
Suck in that tummy exercise for good posture
Beat that slouch, because it’s not only ungainly, it can affect your health.
Modern living has ensured that we almost certainly are not as active as previous generations. All of us spend long hours sitting at desks, in front of computers, in cars and in front of the TV. In these situations, we are not using our muscles as nature originally intended, leading to bad posture.
Bad posture can take a serious toll on your spine, shoulders, hips and knees with short-term discomfort such as stiffness in the neck and headaches. It can also cause neck pain, back pain and reduced flexibility. On the other hand, good upright posture will minimise excessive strain on your muscles and joints, optimise breathing and circulation and help keep the skeletal system strong and in alignment. It also enhances your personality and beauty. Following are a few easy-to-do exercises to improve posture:
Core exercises: The core muscles — lower back and abdominal muscles — are majorly responsible for posture. A weak posture means a weak core. Exercises like abdominal floor crunches, hyperextensions, and some yoga and pilates postures help to strengthen the core. Another good way to strengthen your core is to use an exercise ball as your chair for at least 30 minutes once or twice a day. As the exercise ball is not stable, your body needs to try to balance itself on it. This helps strengthen your core and forces proper spine alignment.
Chin tucks: Many people have a tendency to slouch their heads forward. When the head falls forward, the neck is less stable and more pressure is placed on the joints of the neck. To counteract this tendency, you can do this simple neck exercise called chin tucks. Sit in a chair with your shoulders down and back. Gently push your chin forward and exaggerate bad posture, then tuck in your chin. Hold the tucked position for 5 to 10 seconds. Repeat five to 10 times. This will strengthen your deep neck muscles that help to maintain the correct postural position.
Trunk curls: Lie on your back on the floor, with knees bent. Position your hands behind your head. Using your upper abdominal muscles, raise your trunk off the floor to about 20 degrees, as if you are trying to touch the ceiling with your chest. Hold for 5 seconds and then lie down slowly. Repeat eight to 10 times.
Breastbone lift: The breastbone lift is a good exercise to strengthen your lower trapezius muscles (a large superficial muscle that spans the neck, shoulders and upper back). While still in the sitting position, gently lift your breastbone a few inches higher, while squeezing both of your shoulders backwards.
Pelvic tilt: The pelvic tilt strengthens your abdominals and stabilises your posture by developing the core muscles of your body. To perform this exercise, lie on the floor with your knees bent. Without using your buttocks and leg muscles, tighten your lower abdominal muscles and pull your navel and lower back towards the floor. Hold for five seconds and repeat the exercise eight to 10 times.
Arm/leg raises: This is a simple exercise to strengthen your lower back and support good posture. Lie face down on the floor with your arms straight overhead and legs extended. Slowly raise your left arm and right leg about six inches off the ground. Hold for five seconds and repeat the same with the opposite combination. Do sets of 10 repetitions for each side.
Shoulder squeeze: Shoulder squeeze is an exercise to correct your shoulder posture. To perform this exercise, sit on a chair and place your hands on your thighs. Keep your shoulders straight. Gradually move your shoulders backwards and compress the shoulder blades together. Hold for five seconds and repeat it five to eight times. This exercise is also good for your spine flexibility.
Abdominal pull-in: Sit straight and inhale deeply. While exhaling count to five and pull your stomach in. Repeat several times and relax.
Chin glide: The chin glide is a good exercise to curb your tendency to stick your neck out and unnaturally forward. Stand with your head held straight and shoulders relaxed. Slowly glide your head backwards until you feel a little stress. Do not tilt your head while moving your head backward. Hold this position for about 10 seconds and repeat it three to five times. You can perform this exercise at various intervals throughout the day.
Correcting exercises for your posture will enable you to eliminate various body pains, while making you look and feel more confident. So start now!