Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Dhanishta Kumar
Weight Loss Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Treatment of Vitamin Deficiency
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Management of Obesity and related Disorders
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Bulimia Treatment & Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Treatment of Malnutrition
Treatment of Chronic Fatigue
Submit a review for Dt. Dhanishta KumarYour feedback matters!
Hello my friend is 25 year old female she is very thin she eat in large amount but she can't get weight and not fit what she will do?
Helli I'm Aashish I'm 17 year old my weigh is so loss my weight only 34 kg. I have gon my weight 55 kg and I can't fill strong. I also eat non veg but my weight not gon up. I am so worried. Please help me.
Req. You to Kindly recommend the Medicine to cure Calcium Deficiency along with Amount of per day calcium required for a ADULT (25-35 Yr age. How to fulfill that calcium requirement by daily Food Consumption.
As some lega anabolic steroids are available in the market, can I use them for weight and muscle gain.
Your body shape reveals more about you than merely the outer appearances. In fact, it is a reflection of your inner health and as well as your future health. Here are some of the things that your body shape reveals about your overall health and the diseases that you need to look out for.
1. Triangle: the pear shaped body or the triangle body usually has more fat on hips, thighs and the butt. They are at lower risk of heart diseases, since the weight is less concentrated on the waist. But, they can develop lower back problems and may have an increased tendency to develop knee issues as most of the weight is carried on hips and thighs.
2. Circle: circle shape is basically for those who carry a lot of fat around their waists. Men and women are equally likely to be affected. Those with a waist size larger than 34 inches in female and 36 inches in male are considered circle shaped. They are at a higher risk of uterine problems, kidney issues and pancreatic-colon cancers.
3. Rectangle: men and women who tend to carry weight distributed all around their bodies have a rectangular body shape. While this is a desirable shape for men, for women it may lead to a flatter looking body. This body shape is healthier than the others, but you may experience osteoarthritis and joint pain if you have higher body fat.
4. Apple: women who carry extra fat on the upper body, i. E. Arms and chest, upper stomach as well have apple shaped bodies. If their body fat is appropriate, they tend to be healthy, but being apple shaped can put you at risk for a number of conditions, including heart problems, blood pressure problems and diabetes.
But remember, irrespective of your body type, make sure that you exercise regularly, have well-balanced diet and stay happy.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
Running is a sport that many people indulge in, on a daily basis. For many professional athletes, running is also a part of their job. While it may be an extremely fulfilling experience in sheer physical terms, it also has varied implications in the long run as far as the health of your bones, joints and muscles go. Also, runners are constantly at the risk of getting injured, which can lead to many complications. Read on to know how you can protect the same with these five tips to avoid injuries.
- Warming Up and Stretching: Many injuries can happen when you do not stretch before you indulge in a strenuous activity like running. Warming up should be done with the help of a quick brisk walk that should happen a few minutes before you start running. Also, when you are stretching, you should not hold your breath and do it slowly without rushing yourself. Avoid stretching your muscles when they are cold. The stretching exercises should happen after the warm up.
- Strengthening Exercises: It is important to indulge in good amount of exercises that will strengthen your quads, calves and feet so that your muscles are strong enough to support your weight while you run without putting undue pressure on the joints, which can succumb to injuries and fractures. Strengthening exercises are given to hamstring muscles as well.
- Weight: Managing your weight is one of the most important parts of the regimen for a runner. If you are taking up running professionally or if you are doing it as exercise, you must ensure that your weight is at a normal level as per your ideal BMI so that you do not end up putting pressure on your knees. A good diet and plenty of exercise will help in maintaining a good weight.
- Footwear: Your shoes are one of the most important aspects when you are running. You must choose shoes that have a good cushion or gel inside. Be sure to select shoes that are designed for runners specifically, so that the shoes take on the shape of your feet and give you good balance and motion even as the friction with the ground happens. The correct footwear will support the running motion and keep injuries at bay.
- Stride Length and Impact: It is imperative to practice the correct stride length and impact when your feet hit the ground as this is where injuries most commonly happen. You will need to ensure that you get professional help from a trainer so that you can gauge and accordingly practice your stride length in keeping with your frame so that the impact is minimal on the rest of the body and its joints. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
*Though tropical countries like India has enough sunlight, the vitamin D deficiency has become widespread due to changed lifestyle and job profiles
*Vitamin D deficiency is rapidly gaining epidemic proportions yet it remains the most under-diagnosed and under-treated nutritional deficiency in the world
*It is easily preventable by getting more exposure in the sun, eating more dairy products and vitamin D-rich foods and taking supplements as prescribed by the doctor
My mother in law 56 years, 76 kg weight, height 5 ft3 inch, known diabetic for 10 years, hypothyroidism taking thyroxine 100 mg daily ,taking insulin, undergone angiography and single artery standing 1 year back, taking all required medication and regular follow up, takes an anti anxiety medication called depolv 37 (mixture of imiprime plus 2 more drugs].recently did a nuclear myocardial perfusion study, which came out normal. Yet she constantly complaint of pain in upper left chest area and breathless on getting up stairs and on getting up from toilet. No physical activity as she feels exhausted after few rounds of slow walk. Feels drowsy all dsy and remain lie down on bed day long and gets less sleep in night. Consulted all the relevant doctors, who gave same impression of all normal state and advised her proper diet and physical work out. She has weak mental strength so gets panicked easily. So I request for suggestions to get her back to normal state. Please help I'm a dental surgeon by profession, so if the below interpretation help you, please go thru. She is already on ecosprin, atorvastatin,metoprolol, nitrocontin,ranulaz500, thyroxine100 mg,Metformin 500 mg twice daily, brilinta90 mg,insulin (mixed 30 twice daily 20 units morning and 12 units night. Antienxiety drug depolv 37 bed time. Her recent lipid profile is normal, so as the renal, liver profiles only the tsh was 21, so increased the does from thyroxine25 mg to 100 mg. As per her treating cardiologist all vitals regarding heart is fine. He gave a impression of psychosomatic pain. As per his suggestion myocardial perfusion test under stress was done which also came normal. Her Hb1AC was 7 and ppbs was 170 mg/dl. Creatinine is within normal range, so as the calcium, CBC and urine findings. Please suggest.
I want to lose my weight. I tried a lot but I m not able to lose my weight. Plss help me. Provide me some diet.
Hi doctor, I have back pain and neck pain. I had consulted a doctor. He said B12 deficiency. And took respective injections. But still I have pain.
Follow ayusanjivani's 10 tips daily to avoid obesity
1.Increase the quantity of fruits and vegetables and low calorie foods.
2.Avoid intake of too much salt as it may be a factor for increasing body weight.
3.Milk products like cheese, butter etc. and non-vegetarian foods should be avoided as they are rich in fat.
4.Mint is very beneficial in losing weight. A chutney of green mint with some simple spices can be taken with meals. Mint tea also helps.
5.Spices like dry ginger, cinnamon, black pepper etc. are good for loosing weight and can be used in a number of ways.
6.Regular intake of carrot juice.
7.Avoid rice and potato, which contain a lot of carbohydrates. Among cereals wheat is good.
Vegetables like bitter gourd (Karela), and bitter variety of drumstick are useful in loosing weight.
8.Honey is an excellent home remedy for obesity. It mobilizes the extra deposited fat in the body allowing it to be utilized as energy for normal functions.
Dosage: One should start with small quantity of about 10 grams or a tablespoon, taken with hot water early in the morning. A teaspoonful of fresh lemon juice may also be added separately..
9.Raw or cooked cabbage inhibits the conversion of sugar and other carbohydrates into fat. Hence, it is of great value in weight reduction.
10.Exercise is an important part of any weight reduction plan. It helps to use up calories stored in body as fat. Walking is the best exercise to begin with and may be followed by running, swimming or rowing.
Dear Sir, Yes he is a diabetic patient since last 35 years. He takes insulin regularly human mustard. He has blood pressure but not high always. Few months back he had a problem with passing urine. So he had to manage with cathedral for 21 days. And now suffering with this problem. Yes also due to neurological problem he can't walk properly.
Increasing the size of stomach without eating. Feeling panic. Fever with shivering Slow voice Widal test is positive- typhi 1: 160 Platelet- 122000 No relief in condition. Getting worse day by day. Problem specially affect in night. What is this? What should I do?
HIV infection and AIDS (commonly referred to as HIV/AIDS) are caused by the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV). HIV is transmitted sexually and through exchange of body fluids, such as blood. The HIV attacks our defense system (immune system) giving opportunity to many illnesses to attack the body. These infections (called opportunistic infections) range from common cold and diarrhea to life-threatening illnesses including uncommon pneumonias and cancers. The type, range and intensity of opportunistic infections vary with the severity of the HIV infection and the extent to which our immunity is compromised.
AIDS is the last stage disorder of the HIV infection. Though there is no complete cure for the HIV-infection till date - despite thousands of scientists across the world working on it, spending countless hours of research involving billions of dollars - there has been tremendous progress in medicare improving the quality of life of the HIV-infected, in extending their life-span to almost normal levels and in preventing mother-child transmission.
The key factors in extending the life-span, and in keeping good immunity and good health are
balanced and nutritious diet
regular physical exercise
correct, consistent and lifelong use of the prescribed medicines
periodic medical checkups
staying psychologically positive and strong
good family support and
good lifestyle habits.
The last one involves maintaining good personal hygiene, avoiding smoking (active as well as passive), alcohol, recreational drugs, unhygienic and disease-prone environments and sedentary life style. Those who follow these will guidelines certainly have better prognoses.
A nutritious diet is of utmost importance to the HIV-infected, as adequate nutrition contributes to the development of the immune system, prevents malnutrition and wasting, achieves and maintains optimal body weight and strength, enhances the body’s ability to fight opportunistic infections, helps delay the progression of HIV, improves the effectiveness of drug treatments, and improves the quality of life.
Ensure that the food contains adequate macronutrients, that is, carbohydrates, proteins and fat, otherwise the patient may end up with - protein-energy malnutrition, manifesting itself in the weight loss and wasting that is typical of AIDS patients.
As per WHO, an HIV-infected person has additional nutrient requirements: 10-15 percent additional energy intake and 50 to 100 percent increase in protein intake as compared to a non HIV-infected person.
Consuming micronutrients (especially Vitamins A, B6 and B12, iron and zinc) is important for building a strong immune system and fighting infections.
Try and maintain a daily diet containing rice/roti, vegetables, legumes, and fruits which provide you energy and micronutrients. Choose foods that are low in saturated fat, trans fat, and cholesterol.
Eat at least two servings of fish each week. Oily fish, which contain omega-3 fatty acids, are best. If you cannot eat fish, you can also get omega-3 fats from omega-3 eggs, walnuts, flax seeds.
Better avoid fast foods.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.