Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Deval ShahYour feedback matters!
I am reduce ny weight. My weigh is increasing day by day. So what is the procedure to duce my weight.
I have a desk job and in last 2 years my weight has gone up from 60kgs to 80kgs. I want to lose weight. Please help.
I am 17 years old male I am very thin from childhood my body is not healthy Looking So What should I have to do to Get good muscular body?
Hi I am having trouble with gaining weights since I was 16. So I started gym in 16 and do it about 4years not regular. But my weight never go above 57. I tried alot eat alot. I take whey protien supplement two times. 1st is locally made up not original but works well without any side effect. And the second one is origin number one brand ON I get it fron new your. Works great. But not gain any thing else. I got stomach infection 2times in 2years because of eating too heavy things in one time. Sick for a weak. I quit the gym in 2016 january. Because of negativity not gaining weight. I feel to dizziness laziness not energized every time every day. Pls help me.
I am a 25 years old male and I feel like I have hormonal imbalance after going through chemotherapy in 2012-2013 for osteosarcoma. I have put on a lot of weight after the treatment but gradually I have reduced my weight but I still have a lot of fat near my chest area and stomach and its looking odd. Moreover I suffer from fatigue, mood swings and nervous weakness. Can you suggest me the tests for hormonal imbalance or any other deficiency.
I am 18 years old but my health is very weak and my weight is only 44kg I want to increase it tell me some solutions.
I am 47 year old. I am diabetic as well as PTCA. I am 90 kg overweight. My BMI is 29.7. Please guide me how to loose weight.
I have less body weight I want to increase my weight in 3or4 monthsmore so pls suggest foods and any ayurvedic medicines for my thin body.
I want to gain my weight my age is 23 years and weight Is 57 kg. I used to eat regular meal. I request you to please tell me that what diet plan should I prefer.
My weight gain and weight loss is abrupt. I weighed 93kg in march and now I am 90. My height in 176cm. My bmi now is 29. Please suggest me tips managing my weight.
I am feeling sometimes very dull, tired and virtue and not able figure out anything peacefully and not able sleep properly, is there anybody who can help me out from this.
To keep our body functioning, we need different types of nutrients from our diet. These nutrients are mainly classified into two types: 1. Macro nutrients 2. Micronutrients
Macronutrients are the nutrients which are required in large amounts and micro nutrients are required in smaller quantities.
1. Carbohydrates: Carbohydrates are the main source of energy in our body. Starch, fructose, glucose etc are examples of different carbohydrates. The sources of carbohydrates are grains, bread, fruits, and starchy vegetables.
2. Proteins: Proteins, also known as body building blocks, are essential for repair and maintenance different tissues like bones and muscles. Pulses, meat and eggs are the sources of proteins.
3. Fats: Fats are of two types, saturated and unsaturated. Saturated fats are synthesized in our body thus we need not to obtain it from external sources. Excess intake of saturated fats result in many health problems like high BP, high cholesterol, heart problems, obesity etc. Unsaturated fats, also called essential fats, are not produced in body and thus have to be included in our diet. Unsaturated fats are available in plant sources and some types of fishes.
4. Water: Our body is about 70% of water. We need water for different functions like metabolism, transportation etc.
1. Vitamins: Vitamins are vital amino acids. They are of two types: Fat soluble and water soluble. Fat soluble vitamins (A, D, E, and K) can be stored in the body with the fat reserves. Water soluble vitamins (B complex and C) are lost easily with the body fluids and must be replenished on regular basis.
2. Minerals: They are the essential chemicals required in very small quantities for very vital body functions. They assist in our body’s metabolic system. Calcium, potassium, iron, zinc etc are the examples of minerals which can be obtained from different food and supplements.
3. Fibers: Fibers are indigestible nutrients present in mainly plant based food. Fiber rich diet prevents constipation and improves bowel movements. It also helps in reducing bad cholesterol and diabetes.
Fruits and vegetables are sources of micronutrients.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am Diabetic last 10 yrs. Now taking 200 units of insulin. Weight 93 kg. Age 59. Height 175 cm. Doctor suggested to go bariatric surgery to bring down/eliminate sugar problem. Any alternative oral medicine to control and reduce insulin quantity.
Hello doctors. I have a question. If in my house. Someone is affected my massive or mild heart attack. Then what precautions will need that critical time? Any medicine? Or any process? During that few minutes. Before going to hospital? Kindly help me. Tell me any medicine name. Which may help my dear ones. Thank u. .
I am a motor mechanic, and married man. I am very thin and weak, How l keep my fitness and weight. So please advise me?
As the mercury levels soar higher, it is time to get creative to keep yourself cool this summer. To keep yourself hydrated and active, you can include fresh seasonal fruits in your daily diet.
Here are some nutritious and refreshing fruits that help you in fighting the effects of the hot summer and health problems that accompany them:
1. Melons - Watermelon has high water content that helps you to stay hydrated and refreshed during summer. Melons contain lycopene that helps in protecting the skin against sun damage. Muskmelon is another healthy summer fruit that helps to improve the body's immunity as it is rich in potassium, zinc, vitamin A and vitamin C.
2. Oranges - A juicy orange is a perfect thirst quencher in the summer season. Orange is rich in all varieties of vitamins except vitamin K. Oranges contain a large amount of vitamin C, folate, and thiamin that provide natural protection against the harmful UV rays, help in increasing the production of red blood cells in your body and also reduce stress level. They also help in curing muscle pains and cramps. Beta-carotene, lutein, and cryptoxanthin are present in oranges that help to keep away infections and cancer and also protect the eye from macular degeneration.
3. Mango - Rightly called the king of fruits, mango is loaded with high amounts of selenium, iron, and fiber. It is also an outstanding source of vitamins C, vitamin A and minerals like phosphorus, calcium, and potassium. The cholesterol levels in the body are lowered by high levels of vitamin C, fiber, and pectin. The potassium content of the fruit helps in controlling high blood pressure and heart rate. The fruit also has properties that help in boosting your immunity.
4. Papaya - Papaya is rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, folate, and phytochemicals. These have anti-cancerous, anti-bacterial and anti-stress properties. Papain is an enzyme found in this fruit, which helps in curing ingestion and other diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. The antioxidants present in papaya help in slowing down the ageing process in women, provide a fresh glow to the skin and help in weight loss.
5. Grapes - Grapes help in losing weight by reducing the capacity of the cells to store more fat. Grapes also help in protecting the body against the damaging effects of radiation, cleansing your blood, preventing degenerative nerve disease and boosting cardiovascular health.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Fresh Fruits Vs. Dry Fruits