Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Patient Review Highlights
My name is Rohan my weight is about 49 kg I tried some medicine please suggest some medicine for me.
Helps prevent cancer.
High in anti-oxidants.
Lower high bloodpressure.
Helps improve vision.
Strengthens immunity system.
Promotes healthy glowing skin.
Helps the brain and nervous system function.
Low in calories buy high in nutrients.
My salivary gland is swollen due to bacterial infection, is there any problem for me to consuming alcohol?
I am 37 year old. I am suffering from acidity even though I am in diet. Morning when I take breakfast after 1 hour start burning in my chest. If I take any tab I feel okay. So regular I don't want alopathic medicine. So please do the needful. I am diabetic medicine taking from 4 years.
Actually the problem which she was facing is she z getting leg pains. A lot. She z very weak. Can't work properly for at least 1hr. Can you please suggest any medicine for her.
I have heard from so many people, the word Bone Density. What is bone density? What happens if it is less? How to improve bone density? What happens if it is deficient? Please explain me.
I m very slim. I want to gain some weight. I mean I want to be fat. So what should I do? Please give me any suggestion.
Hi, I am 21 yrs old girl and in comparison to my upper body, my thighs are very heavy and I can't find any solution for this because of this my body shape is becoming worst. what can I do for this to recover from please give some fast suggestions which will help me fast.
I'm about 21 years old male. I'm eating proper diet daily but I do not feel any improvement in my health, im so weak and also my memory power is weak, even I used Whey protein Body Supplement. Please tell me what should I do.
I don't smoke. I was smoker fr two years but now I have left it from year I have a weak stamina I cant run more I feel laziness weakness even I was intelligent boy in studies but now I dont understand what teacher is teaching tough words I cant remember. I am getting angry more. My eyes have dark circles.
A quite serious bacterial infection, diphtheria is caused by the Corynebacterium diphtheria. It usually tends to affect the throat and the mouth of an affected person, although there are other varieties which can infect your skin as well. However, the most common cases of diphtheria affect the throat and the mouth.
Symptoms of diphtheria in general
It may take up to five days for symptoms to show up when you are infected with the disease. Some of the symptoms would be:
- You neck would swell up due to swelling in the lymph nodes, especially in the neck
- Your throat and tonsils will develop a thick grayish membrane
- Your throat may become sore and hoarse
- You may face difficulty in breathing, depending on the size of the membrane and the resultant inflammation
- You may have difficulty swallowing as well
These are the primary symptoms which will affect your throat in general. Some of the other symptoms that may show up are:
- Nasal discharge
- Malaise or a general feeling of discomfort
The parts of your body, which are affected the most tend to be your throat, tongue and the neck. The pain tends to persist for quite some time as you recover.
Causes of diphtheria
Diphtheria is usually spread by the following methods
- Airborne droplets: This is possibly the most common method of contracting the disease. This usually happens when a person is infected with diphtheria coughs or sneezes around you. The airborne droplets then travel from one person to another, transmitting the infection. This is particularly the case in crowded area such as public transport and public spaces.
- Touching personal items which may be infected: Touching used towels, paper tissues or drinking from an unwashed glass may cause an infection as well. These tend to happen mostly in an indoor setting such as offices and houses. Even toys, door and equipment handles can cause transmission of this virus.
If you are showing any of these symptoms, it is prudent to consult a doctor immediately as diphtheria, if left untreated, may also result in serious complications.
Sir this is pradeep kumar mallick. Sir I want to burn my extra fat in my body without take any medicine. I am so irreted from this. Please give me some advice how I burn my extra fat without take any medicine.
1. Fever:The juice of Tulsi leaves is very useful as it helps to bring down the fever.
2. Common Cold:Chewing Tulsi leaves on an empty stomach will help you get rid of cold and flu.
3. Sore throat:Boil few Tulsi leaves in your drinking water and use it for gargling in case of a sore throat. It is also very useful for the patients who are suffering from asthma and bronchitis.
4. Headache:Headache due to heat is very common. So just make a paste of the basil leaves and sandalwood and apply it to the forehead. Its cooling effects will definitely make you feel relaxed and calm.
5. Eye problems: Black basil juice plays a very important role for eyes diseases. A few drops of black basil juice in the eyes can cure sore eyes.
6. Dental problem:Mix the dried leaves of basil powder with mustard oil to make a paste, massage your gums with that paste and you can also use this paste for brushing your teeth as it will help to prevent bad breath and disease like pyorrhea.
7. Skin disorder:The juice of basil can also be used to cure several skin problems such as – leucoderma.
8. Chewing few basil leaves in the Morning also helps in Acidity.
9. Kidney stone:A mixture of honey and juice of basil leaves will result in expelling renal stones through the urinary tract.
10. Reduces stress and improves immunity.
Nutrition & Wellness Expert