Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Amreen Shaikh
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Amreen ShaikhYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dieting has become synonymous with weight loss. Many people believe that giving up on the tasty and lip-smacking cuisines and delicacies can help them to get back in shape. From living on fruits and vegetables to almost starving themselves, people try different forms of dieting to lose weight. Most people start dieting with a bang but lose their focus and determination in between. In this regard lifestyle habits surely earn brownie points. More and more people are implementing healthy lifestyle practices in their lives. These changes have made their lives a lot easier. What is more, it also takes care of their body weight
As per a survey, many people quit dieting within a week. People often starve themselves in the name of dieting. Needless to say, they not only fail to lose weight but also end up with numerous side effects and health complications. Dieting is all about eating the right kind of foods in appropriate quantities as per your body requirements. There are many reasons why dieting often fails.
- Starting with a diet plan without consulting a specialist in itself is a wrong approach. Every person has different body structure and requirements. What works for one person may fail for another.
- Many people with strict dieting often experience diet withdrawal symptoms. They get mood swings, suffer from skin problems, digestive problems, feel weak and dizzy. In some, there may be a brain fog. Under extreme conditions, people have no other options but to give up dieting.
- Dieting can be a struggle for people whose life revolved around food binging. Having to give up on their favorite foods is no joke. The cravings can drive them crazy. Add to that, social functions, peer pressure, birthday parties, and weddings. The only outcome possible is dieting long gone down the drain.
While dieting can end on a disastrous note for most people, healthy lifestyle practices gives you a lot of reasons to cheer about. Healthy changes in lifestyle habits have helped many people to stay fit and healthy, and most importantly, maintain a desirable body weight.
- Making changes in lifestyle habits is no Herculean task. Many people have benefited immensely by making small yet effective lifestyle changes.The lifestyle habits like meditation or swimming are neither drastic or harsh. In fact, these are known to be great mood enhancers and stress busters.
- Everyone knows the health benefits of sleeping. From stress to weight problems, it takes care of everything. A sound sleep and proper rest are lifestyle practices that most people will love to follow.
- Healthy lifestyle practices can be fun and yet rewarding. It comes with negligible or no side effects.
- Unlike dieting, the lifestyle habits are not only healthy but also easy on the body. They are here to stay not for days or weeks, but for as long as you live.
Raw apple cider vinegar is one of the best natural health remedies for detoxification, helping your body digest food more easily and for a quick burst of energy. Apple cider vinegar can also be used for personal care like conditioning your hair, whitening your teeth and as a household cleaner. Some other benefits of apple cider vinegar:
- Helps tummy troubles: Apple cider vinegar has some antibiotic properties which help in treating diarrhea, particularly caused by bacterial infection. Sip some apple cider vinegar mixed with water to treat an upset stomach. According to some remedy experts apple cider vinegar contains pectin which helps soothe intestinal spasms.
- Remedy for allergies: Apple cider vinegar thins the mucus, supports the immune system & clears the sinus. Drink 1 teaspoon of vinegar mixed in a glass of water for allergies.
- Soothes a sore throat: It can be used to soothe sore throat. Acidic properties of apple cider vinegar helps kill the germs in the throat. So, you can gargle with a mixture of apple cider vinegar (1/4 cup) & warm water (1/4 cup) every hour to get a relief from sore throat.
- Lowers cholesterol: Several animal studies have shown that apple cider vinegar can lower triglycerides, cholesterol & blood pressure. This has to be confirmed in case of humans.
- Helps weight loss: Many human studies suggest that apple cider vinegar if consumed with proper lifestyle changes help in weight loss. Including it in the diet increase the satiety which helps in less consumption of calories & thus helps in losing weight.
- Kill fungus on skin: Antibacterial & anti fungal properties of apple cider vinegar kills bacterial & fungal infections on skin. Rub two times a day on the infected area to get a benefit.
You can add apple cider vinegar in salad dressing, homemade mayonnaise etc and get benefit of it. Another popular way of consuming it is mixing with water and drinking as a beverage. The dosages vary from 1-2 tsp to 1-2 tbsp. As excess of anything is harmful. So, do not exceed the recommended dosage. Excess consumption may have harmful effects.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!