Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. AaratiYour feedback matters!
Sir which type of diet should be taken to increase weight from 45 kg to 55 kg within 2 months as I am 45 kg.
I am 30 year old and my fasting glucose is 105, want to know that am I suffering from diabetes or its normal.
Hi Doctor are supplements good to your body I came across some products from Amway. Are they good for health as they say its made from organic process.
Hello doctor. I wanted to reduce weight fast, like 15kgs in one month. So i'm following this diet early morning 500 ml of luke warm water with lemon, breakfast: 3 idlis with sambar, lunch: 2 full.
I want to say that when I wake up in night I have very feeling of weakness please help me what should I do when I was doing some work in the night.
I want to loose my weight so give me some suggestions or tips how to reduce my weight I am waiting for your prompt reply.
The pervasiveness of such a serious disorder can be attributed to its growing significance. In the past few decades there has been extensive research in the field of medical science to analyze and control the causes and symptoms of diabetes. This health condition, if unchecked, can lead one to life threatening disorder.
What is Diabetes?
Diabetes refers to a medical condition where a human body fails to produce the required amount of insulin. Insulin is the hormone that carries glucose to your cells. Insulin accelerates a chemical process that signals cells to receive glucose from the blood. Blood derives glucose by breaking down the food you eat; exercise is considered as an inevitable part of daily life as it helps in deriving energy from food by turning it into glucose and a host of other nutrients. A lack of insulin production leads to an accumulation of sugar in your bloodstream thus making you diabetic. Patients of diabetes suffer from upsetting symptoms. In many cases diabetes is so acute that insulin needs to be injected into a patient's body on a regular basis. Timely diagnosis and reliable medical guidance is important for patients of diabetes.
Prevent yourself from these causes:
- Genetics could lead to diabetes. If there has been a family history you should be more cautious.
- The kind of food you eat has a severe impact on your health. Irregular food habits, frequent consumption of junk food increases the chance of insulin resistance and diabetes. Hence, medical practitioners advice healthy eating habits as a preventive health measure.
- Children these days tend to become couch potatoes as they spend a lot of time watching television. Lack of exercise and subsequent obesity could also trigger diabetes in children and adults.
You may experience the following symptoms
- Low insulin production or complete lack of insulin can result in drastic weight loss.
- You can feel exhausted from moderate exertion.
- You may face vision disorders. Poor eyesight and blurry vision are some of the common symptoms.
- Patients suffering from diabetes have the urge to urinate frequently.
- Patients suffering from diabetes experience excessive thirst
- Sometimes, diabetes patients excessively loose weight
- Small wounds and cuts in diabetes patients take more time to heal
Obesity is a condition where a person has accumulated so much body fat that it might have a negative effect on their health. If a person's bodyweight is at least 20% higher it is considered as obese. And body mass index (bmi) is between 25 and 29.9 is considered as overweight. And bmi is 30 and above is considered as obese. Some of the causes were;
Lack of energy balance, an inactive lifestyle, environmental factors like long work schedules and oversized food portions, genes and family history, health conditions like hypothyroidism, polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos, medications, emotional factors, smoking, ageing, and lack of sleep etc.
1. Make healthy food choices minding calories in needs and focusing of balance of energy in and out.
2. Be active with regular physical activities like jogging cycling or running
3. Reduce screen time like 2 hours or less a day is recommended.
4. Keep track of body weight periodically.
As a patient don't use antibiotic without consulting your doctor. Firstly use coservative measures rather than jump to antibiotics.