Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Zubair H. SorathiaYour feedback matters!
I am a 60 years old and having writers scum (unable to write) since from 5 years. So suggest me if you are any remedy to control.
I am 23 year old Boy, I am a patient of Limb Girdle Muscular Dystrophy. Is there any treatment of this? If yes, so what is that? And what precautions should I care of?
Hi, I am facing a irritating pain at my foot. When I woke up in the morning, I am facing A sever pain at my left foot. After few minutes walk it goes normal. I don't know what happens in my foot. Please tell me.
I am student and I suffering from last three years by a knee joint pain and swelling. This pain create in cold and rainy season more. Also this problem is increases after walking or running.
I am having knee problem. It unlock many time while walking. And l am having severe pain. Please guide for knee treatment.
I got my left leg fractured before 1 month. Doctor did treatment by white cement bandage, but my fractured thin comparing with right leg. There is any wrong going tht I can't walk properly as before I m bit worried about it.
Dear sir, I am suffering from Back pain since 1 month I have been to many doctors but found nothing in the xray and medical reports. Please suggest some tips. Doctor said that it is just a muscle pain. I will be eagerly waiting for your reply Thankyou.
Sir. Mere knee mei bhot dard rehta. H. Or hadkal hoti h. Isme. Or jab tez walk karta hun. Toh dil mei ek chubban c hoti h. Esa kyunh hota hai. Iski kya problem ho sakti h. Btaiye sir. Mere sir mei bhi dard rehta hai. Sir kei baaal bhi safed hogye. Mami color nahin karane deti. Mehandi ki bolti h. Ladkiya mujhse baaat nhi krti. Bolti h pehle baal kaale kara kar aao.
Knee replacement is a surgery wherein an artificial joint is used to replace a diseased, damaged or worn out knee. This surgery is common among people who fall in the age group of 60-80, but recent trends seem to suggest that younger people are opting for this surgery as well. The lifetime of the artificial knee joint is around 20 years, provided the knee is well cared for.
Why do you need knee replacement?
Most common reason is “high grade osteoarthritis” due to wear and tear of the knee joint. The pre-hospital study of the Knee joint is mandatory and would decide what kind of Replacement is suitable to the patient. If there is diabetes or hypertension associated with this, then it should be controlled well before undergoing surgery. Hemoglobin of at least 10 gm% is required.
If the mobility in your knee joint is reduced leading to impaired functioning of the knee joint, then you might need a knee replacement surgery. You may experience pain while walking, sitting and, in some cases, resting as well.
Some of the common reasons why you may opt for this particular surgery are:
- Gout, where, small crystals are formed inside the joint.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis, an autoimmune disorder, wherein the immune system of the body attacks the body’s healthy tissues.
- Hemophilia, wherein, the blood ceases to clot normally.
- Injuries to the knee.
- Disorders that cause unusual bone growth (bone dysplasias).
- Death of bone in the knee joint following blood supply problems (avascular necrosis).
- Knee deformity with pain and loss of cartilage.
- Unusual growth of bones in the knee joint.
Knee replacement surgery is classified into:
- Partial Knee Replacement: In this surgery, only one part of the joint is replaced.
- Total Knee Replacement: Total knee replacement surgery involves replacement of both sides of the knee joint.
The usual hospital stay period is around 2-3 days after the surgery is completed. Initially, you will require the help of crutches to walk for at least 2 months. You may also be asked to do gentle knee strengthening exercises. It may take up to 3 months to recover completely from a knee replacement surgery.
My mother age 60 years suffering from back pain due to slip disk, below is the mri report impression - 1. Broad based posterocentral protrusion of the disc indents the thecal sac & the bilateral traversing l5 nerve roots. Foraminal components of the disc indents the bilateral exiting nerve roots at respective level. 2. Facet joint arthropathy at the l5-s1 level & ligamentum flavum thickening at the l4-l5 level. 3. Disc protrusion with mild ligamentum flavum thickening results in modrate cauda equine compression at the l4-l5 level & mild compression at l5-s1 level. Couple of doctors are proposing a surgery, need your opinion on this. Is surgery is necessary? is there any other option than surgery? please advice. Mother is suffering a back pain from more than 2 years. Many thanks in advance!
I have pain in hand for three days. What can I do? for solve my problems. Which medicine I take? I take pera sitamal medicine. This medicine is useful for this problem?
1) Eat lots of high potassium foods
* A handful of dried fruits
* A glass of tomato juice
* Citrus juice
* A slice of melon
Help to vanish leg cramps and prevent their recurrence
2) Avoid caffeine and and nicotine
3) Quit smoking
4) Regular Exercise
How to lose weight? I have knee pain can I walk fast? Bco z when ii walk fast I have severe pain so how can I lose weight 5kg in 22 days I can run slowly? Bcoz of knee pain?
My mother is suffering from knee pains. She is of 58 and is overweight (120 kg). The doctors advice for knee replacement. How many chances r there for successful knee replacement as she is overweight?
The knee is the largest joint of the body and is made up of upper and lower bones that are separated by two discs known as menisci. While minor knee pain may be experienced by many people, it should be handled with medical intervention when it becomes a serious and debilitating problem. Sudden injury or injury due to overuse as well as myriad conditions that affect the joints and muscles can bring about knee pain. Underlying conditions like osteoporosis or arthritis, which affect the bones and joints, can also cause knee pain. The symptoms include painful swelling and stiffness as well as severe discomfort.
Let us learn more about the causes of knee pain and the ways in which it can be managed:
- Injury: Exercise and sports injuries are one of the most common causes that can be the start of acute knee pain, as well as chronic condition. These kinds of injuries can affect the ligaments and cartilage which leads to severe pain. The pain can even affect the way one functions in one's daily life. Knee ligament injuries can also cause this kind of pain. These ligaments are bands of tissues that connect the thigh bone with the lower leg bones. Sprains and tears in the ACL or PCL are common in sports injuries, and may even require surgery in many cases. Knee Cartilage Tears can also take place in the hard yet flexible cartilage of the knee which can affect the meniscus around the knee. This condition may also require surgery.
- Arthritis: This condition can affect the knees specifically and is one of the most common types of arthritis. This is a chronic condition which gets progressively worse over time and may even require surgery. Stiffness and inflammation are common symptoms. Rheumatoid arthritis is also a degenerative auto-immune disease that can affect the knees and cause knee pain. Furthermore, post traumatic arthritis can also be experienced after an injury. Osteoarthritis is another common condition that leads to knee pain. It basically occurs due to wear and tear of the knees over a prolonged period and is usually experienced by patients over the age of 50.
- Managing Knee Pain: While pain medication and anti-inflammatory drugs may be prescribed for most cases, along with the surgery in long run, it is also possible to manage knee pain with the help of better lifestyle choices like regular knee and muscle strengthening exercises as well as REST - rest, ice, compression and elevation. These methods can help in relieving inflammation and pain. But very severe cases will require medical intervention, so it is imperative to get in touch with your doctor if the condition does not improve. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.