Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
My cousin have a baby of 3 years old she is not ready to have a child now she cannot use any coppety because if she had use she have a heavy bleeding any injection to stop a child for 2 years.
Hello I was taking Folic acid 5mg, now it is my second trimester, doctor prescribed Fefol Vit ( iron+vitamins with 0.5mg Folic acid) and Osnate-D (Ossein mineral complex+vitamin D). Now should I take Folic acid 5mg with these two tablets?
What STD can be there with oral sex for insertive partner? Can you pls suggest what STD test should be taken?
My sister in-law is about 32 years old. She was now 16 week pregnant. It is her 3rd pregnancy. Previous one was term IUD. Today she done Ultrasound and found a cyst measuring 13cmX12cm in right ovary. Some times she feels pain in lower abdomen. Doctor told her not to be worried. What will she do?
My wife period date is 12 nov and we have marriage on same date we want to post the period date what we should do.
I gone through creatine last month 15th December but still I did not got my periods. Usually how much time it takes or should I take pregnancy test. Pl suggest.
My friend had a sex with his boyfriend n they dont had used the precautions n now the periods are not on the time But they are confirmed about the sperm is not released inside so can you please tell me any solution for it.
My wife is pregnant she is having high b.p from 15 weeks. She is taking gravidol now she has completed 20 weeks but her b.p is not getting controlled by gravidol. She is also taking ecosprin 75 susten300 iron calcium argiplus powder. She earlier had the same high b.p problem in which premature baby born but had not survived. Now gynae advice me to have 500 mg alphadopa thrice a daily. But medicine specialist has advice me to take gravidol thrice a daily and nicardia retard 10 mg twice a daily. What to do now for controlling b.p.
1. Eat fruits as they help you restore energy. Apples, mangoes, pomegranates, and pears are best suggestible. Avoid watermelon and muskmelons and also goosing on too many mangoes may cause pimples.
2. Have medium to low salt food and avoid heavy salty food as they are responsible for high blood pressure and water retention.
3. Eating watery foods like lassi, watermelon, rice, muskmelon creates swelling in the body. So, better opt for foods which are drying in nature like corn, gram flour, chick pea etc.
4. Foods such as brown rice, oats, and barley are the best foods one could have in this monsoon.
5. Body’s immunity can be increased by adding a dash of garlic to the soups, sir fries and curries you intake.
6. Opt for yogurt, curd and almonds in your diet instead of milk. Drink only boiled and purified water to protect yourself from harmful germs and drinking plenty of water keeps your body hydrated.
7. Consuming bitter vegetables like bitter gourd, and bitter herbs like neem, turmeric powder and methi (fenugreek) seeds help in preventing infections.
8. Consume drying oils like corn oil or light oil and avoid heavy oils like sesame oil, peanut oil and mustard oil as they fall in first place to invite infections.
9. People who face skin allergies during rainy seasons must avoid spicy foods. Spicy foods raise body temperature and stimulate blood circulation and it leads to allergies and skin irritation. Other problems such as boils, change in skin color dullness, rashes are also some skin damaging effects which arise in this season.
10. Avoid naturally sour foods like tamarind, tomatoes and lime in your diet as it promotes water retention.
11. Avoid too much of fish and meat this season and heavy curries and non- vegetarians should go for light meat preparations like stew and soups.
12. Astringent, mildly bitter and pungent foods must be best served this season.
13. Drink lots of herbal teas, especially those with antibacterial properties. These include ginger, pepper, honey, mint and basil leaves. Excessive intake of coffee and tea dehydrates body fluids so they must be better avoided.
14. Vegetables like cauliflower, potatoes, cluster beans, ladies finger, kidney beans, pigeon pea, and sprouted grains must be avoided.
15. Eat steamed salads instead of raw vegetables as they contain active bacteria and virus that cause bacterial and viral infections.
16. Have fresh radish juice to fight cold and cough. To reduce mucous formations add pipli and rock salt to warm water. This reduces the natural monsoon ailments.
17. Better eat seasonal fruits as non- seasonal fruits get infested with worms during the monsoons. Pomegranates, lychees, apples, bananas are among the recommended.
18. Avoid eating fried items, pre- cut fruits and juices from road side vendors and stick to high quality and hygiene.
19. People who suffer with arthritis should drink warm water with tulsi and dalchini (cardamom) on an empty stomach in the morning. Doing this improves bowel syndromes and also decreases pains in joints.
20. Always wash vegetables well and keep them clean especially if they are taken raw.
Irregular dating menses problem in women at the age of 25, what is the cause for it and whether it effect to child birth problem?
I am 24 years old suffering from disease a kind of obesity am 54 yrs I think I have thyroid but not sure I dnt find any symptoms of thyroid I have a bit menstrual problem I get my periods regularly but bleeding will remain only for two day I eat very less but my weight is increasing day by day. Firstly want to reduce my weight please give any solution.
Five months pregnant. Vomiting frequently feeling tired. Difficult to travel even short distance. Suggest me home remedies.
My wife and I planning for baby, we want to know what's the best time when she can conceive. How do we identify most fertile days? Kindly suggest.
Doctor my wife is suffering from some white liquid is coming out from her vagina after periods & usually between 3-4 days gap.
My vagina has swollen and its paining .there is also a lot itching with discharge of liquid. What should I do? And tell me what could be the reasons behind this?
Causes of eating disorders and risk factors associated with them
Conditions related to the eating patterns or behavior of an individual which leave a negative impact on the health of the person are known as eating disorders. These can lead to the deficiency of sufficient nutrition in the body. The heart, the digestive system, the bones, and the teeth and the mouth are the body parts that generally get affected due to this condition.
Although the root cause is not known exactly, there are several factors which can be held responsible for causing this type of disorders likes:
1. Genetics-A person, who has parents or siblings suffering from eating disorders, has higher chances of suffering from it as well.
2. Society- In order to fit into the society, people often find it very necessary to look the best, which means being thin. Peer pressure and the worry about what people say fuels the desire, more like desperation in a person to become thin, which may lead to an eating disorder.
3. Emotional and psychological health- Problems directly linked with the psychological and emotional health of a person, like low self-esteem, impulsive behavior, relationship associated trouble and perfectionism can also lead to eating disorders.
There are certain factors which increase the risk of eating disorders.
1. Age-Anyone can suffer from this condition. However, a teenager or a young adult has higher chances of getting an eating disorder.
2. Gender- Females have higher risks of suffering from eating disorders than men.
3. Stress- Anyone who is going through any kind of emotional/mental stress has high chances of getting an eating disorder.
4. Family history-People who have a family history of this condition, i.e. their parents or siblings had suffered from it earlier, have higher chances of getting any kind of eating disorder.
5. Other mental disorders-Obsessive compulsive disorder, depression and anxiety are some mental disorders which may trigger this condition in an individual.
6. Profession-Athletes, sports persons, dancers, models or actors have higher chances of suffering from eating disorders because they always have this urge/want to look the best, so they starve themselves.
Related Tip: Can Depression Really Increase Creativity?