Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
What should we have to eat a women of above 35 age and suffering from high urea and high bp and high sugar?
Cold is a viral infection.
Spreads from one person to another.
As your baby grow and comes in contact with more number of people there are more chances of them getting the infection, that means more number of cough and running nose when they start going out, going to cr�che or school.
Once your baby get infection from one virus they develop immunity to that virus and never get another infection from the same virus but since there are lots of viruses they keep getting infection from other ones.
Each episode usually last for about 5-7 days but can be prolonged to around 2 weeks also.
So the usual pattern is that they are UNWELL FOR AROUND 5-7 DAYS THEN WELL FOR 2-3 DAYS AND THEY AGAIN GET COLD. So it seems like your baby is ill all the time but that is actually not the case.
IS COLD BAD OR INDICATION OF POOR IMMUNITY
This is the most commonly asked question by parents.
When a baby is born there immune system is also immature like them and one of the ways to develop immunity is exposure to germs after which your baby produces antibodies against that germ.
This sounds technical but it?s true and in simple words it means that THE ONLY WAY YOUR CHILD WILL DEVELOP IMMUNITY TO A VIRUS IS BY GETTING INFECTED BY THAT VIRUS.
As the child grows, gradually the number of cold episodes will decrease as they will gradually get immune to lots of virus.
COLD IS CAUSED OR INCREASED IN COLD WEATHER OR BY EATING CERTAIN FOOD
As you all know by now that cold is a viral infection and is not related to cold climate or cold food.
Foods like curd or orange are usually labelled as culprit but actually VITAMIN C is one of the things which is found beneficial in cold and is found in these foods.
Curd also contains good bacteria which again are found to be beneficial for small babies.
THERE IS NO ASSOCIATION BETWEEN ANY FOOD AND COLD FOUND TILL NOW IN ANY STUDIES SO NO FOOD RESTRICTION IS NEEDED WHEN YOUR CHILD IS SUFFERING FROM COLD.
DO NOT TREAT ALL COUGH AND COLD. If your child is active, playful and not distressed due to his illness it is advised to avoid medicine.
Since your child will keep getting infection from various viruses if you try to treat all cold there are chances that your baby will be on some or other medication always.
Actually according to the FDA of USA and UK cough and cold medicine should not be used in kids less than 6 years old as they have not shown any beneficial results in variety of studies but actually causes lot of side effects.
NO ANTIBIOTICS SHOULD BE GIVEN FOR COMMON COLD as it is a viral infection and will not respond to antibiotics which are for bacteria.
THINGS TO DO DURING COLD
If your child has high grade fever you can give him paracetamol.
Maintain good hydration and give good amount of fluids to your baby.
You can use saline nasal spray for your baby but it has to be used in the correct way.
Since it is just normal saline it does not cause side effect and can be used for long time.
DO NOT USE MEDICATED NOSE DROPS OR NASAL DECONGESTANT FOR YOUR CHILD?S COLD.
Steam inhalation with salt and water is very beneficial as it keeps the airway moist and makes the mucous more liquid therefore easy to remove.
It also makes breathing easy for your baby. If given around 30 min to 1 hr before sleep it can help the child sleep better.
Maintain a good air circulation in the room.
During the illness there are chances that your baby?s appetite will decrease. Do not worry; let them take whatever and how much ever they want. DO NOT FORCE FEED.
COMMON COLD PREVENTION
Cold spreads via air and contaminated objects so the best way to prevent children from catching colds is to teach them proper HAND WASHING.
Make sure that your child washes their hand after coming from school or playing, before eating food and after using toilet.
If your child has a cold, it's still important to protect others from catching the cold. Teaching them to cover their mouth while coughing or sneezing or using tissues for the purpose.
RED FLAGS: Need to take your child immediately to a doctor.
High grade fever lasting for more than a day but still this alone is not an indication of using antibiotics.
Unable to feed properly or constantly vomiting.
Unusually fast breathing or noisy breathing.
Excessively sleepy and lethargic.
Constantly rubbing of the ears and crying if you touch the ear or any ear discharge.
Unable to sleep in the night.
Cold lasting for more than 2 weeks.
Presence of any rash over body
I have scapular fracture. Now 4 weeks over now swelling has decreased and pain also not there. But near neck I have pain while I am standing or sitting for long time any reason to avoid that pain pls help me.
Hi Doctor, I am married from 3-4 months My husband put his penis in my mouth Everytime we are together From early morning or during lunch dinner, he push entire penis in my throat Please suggest how should I enjoy this act so that I can satisfy my husband I can do anything for him. Can I swallow his sperm.
I'm 25 years old. I'm tensed about my early ejaculation during sex. I want to know how can I avoid early ejaculation. How can I hold it for long tym. I knw medicines, spray, gel have side effects. So can you just tell me other options or treatments. What to do what not to do.
My bp is 160/80 I take olmezest 40 and prolomet xl 25 diabetic metformin500 od hb1ac 6.1 lipid profile normal advice.
How can I make my penis size bigger and longer cause I want to make or give satisfaction to my wife.
Piles or Haemorrhoids is a disease of the anal canal. The veins in this region get affected. They swell as blood stagnates inside them. This causes discomfort while passing stool. The most obvious symptoms of piles are bleeding and pain at the time of excretion or passing of the stool. For most of the patients with piles, sitting or standing becomes a tedious task.
What causes piles?
The primary reason behind the occurrence of piles is a patient’s sedentary lifestyle. Most of it also depends on upon his or her diet intake. Many of us consume a lot of carbohydrates, fats and proteins in our regular meals. But, we forget or are simply reluctant to take up physical exercises. This, in turn, leads to increase in body weight and hampers the activity of our digestive system. As a result, patients develop diseases like piles.
Diet plays a vital role in preventing piles. If we don’t add an adequate amount of fibre or roughage to our diet, there is a potential threat of developing piles. Fibres help with the convenient evacuation of the stool. In fact, fibres form the bulk of the stool. Besides, insufficient intake of water may also cause this disease.
Natural ways to tackle Piles
Piles can be managed or tackled by bringing in some changes in our lifestyle. Some of the ways of managing piles have been listed below:
- Add more roughage and fruits to your diet
- Exercise regularly
- Avoid laxatives
- Sit in a tub of hot water to get relief from the pain
- Drink plenty of water
Homoeopathic treatment for Piles
When it comes to the treatment of piles, Homeopathy is quite safe and an effective method to get rid of the problem. It doesn’t have any side effect on the patient’s health. It doesn’t include any painful surgery for removal of piles. Moreover, homoeopathy is budget-friendly. Here are some effective homoeopathic medicines, useful in curing piles:
- Hamamelis: This medicine is useful in stopping the bleeding in piles. It can cure any venous congestion and bleeding. It can also be taken when the patient develops a feeling of soreness.
- Ratanhia: It gives relief from the pain due to piles. A patient suffering from piles feels immense pain and a burning sensation at the time of stool evacuation and even for hours after that.
- Graphites: It is prescribed to a patient suffering from both constipation and piles. It is given to them who are obese, have skin eruptions and constipation.
- Nux Vomica: It is given to patients who have a sedentary lifestyle, take spicy food and are active smokers and alcohol drinkers. Usually, patients who have been advised to take Nux Vomica are aggressive in nature. It cures piles as well as digestive disorders.
Things to remember: These medicines are only some of the homoeopathic remedies available in the market. It is best to consult a homoeopathic practitioner for the perfect treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
• Drink 1 – 2 glasses of lukewarm water early morning to stay healthy and acidity free. Drink more and more water. It is one of the easy Home Remedies to beat acidity. Have a habit to drink warm water after meal at night which helps in proper digestion.
• Coconut water is an effective means for acidity and soothe your digestive system.
• Eat carbohydrate rich food like rice ,which is easy to digest without any acid formation.
• Banana, watermelon and cucumber aid your digestion and good for curing acidity. So, use it in your diet.
• Vegetables like sweet potatoes ,carrot and beet root are effective in fighting acidity. Vegetables such as drumsticks, beans, pumpkin and carrot give you relief from acidity.
• Have dinner two to three hours before sleep, it would ensure food is digested completely and keep you healthy.
• Eat some almonds after every meal, every snack, every time you ingest something basically. Nuts do something to seemingly neutralize the juices in your stomach, relieving and preventing some instances of heartburn.
• Chewing on five to six tulsi leaves when you suffer from acidity is a great way to beat the discomfort you feel.
• Simply chewing on a few saunf seeds can help reduce the symptoms of acidity, as a long term remedy, boil a few seeds in water and leave overnight, drink this water during the day when you feel uneasy.
• Have one teaspoon of amla powder twice a day to help keep acidity at bay.
• Take a probiotic supplement. Probiotics are mixtures of "good" bacteria normally found in your gut.
• Use of honey and water before meals fights acidity.
• You can take cold cow milk before going to bed at night to cure acidity.
• You can chew piece of jaggery after every meal. Potassium present in the jaggery help to balance the stomach acid. Diabetes patients should not take jaggery.
• Sucking ginger is also very beneficial to neutralize stomach acid.
• Exercise daily. Yoga is the best exercise for acidity to cure and reduce it naturally.
• For instant relief from acidity, one should use Jaggery, banana, and yogurt.
• Clove: One piece of clove (laung or lavang) if kept in the mouth for some time can help in reducing acidity. Clove juice that goes into the system with saliva eases the abdomen and stomach greatly.
• Don’t eat fried and oily food.
• Avoid intake of coffee ,tea and soft drinks.
• Avoid eating citrus fruits ,such as sweet lime and oranges , as they have high acid content.
• Stop smoking and limit your intake of alcohol as both can damage the sphincter and cause acid reflux.
• Avoid late nights ,as inadequate sleep can lead to severe acidity.
• Avoid going to bed immediately after having dinner.
• Do not wear tight clothes and lose weight if you are obese. Yoga and meditation can help lessen stress and reduce heartburn.
• Activities that put too much pressure on the stomach and cause acid reflux, such as bending; lifting heavy objects, straining, and coughing should be reduced as well.