Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Yuvaraja ShettyYour feedback matters!
Hi I have a three and half year old child and she is getting fever very frequently along with caught and running nose. Caught is very sever, some times when she is caught she will vomit. We will consult a doctor they will give some medicine then she will be ok for two three days and again she will get fever. Today she is getting fever every three hours. Could you please advise us.
I have 16 days old grandson and his left eye has started watering. Doctor has told us that duct in the eye is not fully opened and it will take some time. His eye lids get sticked after sleeping and we do cleaning with boiled cooled water. Doctor has given us a antibiotic' tobramycin. Sir how many days it will take for fully opening of eye duct. Is pricking can be done on such a small kid.
My 17 month old daughter gets cold often. She has haemoglobin 9.1.what special diet to be given and what to expect avoided. please prescribe.
My baby is one month old. On routine check up doctor counts his heart beat which is 180 bpm. He ask for echo test. Echo test done and one line is in bold letters of report. That is patent foramen ovale left to right. Is this normal ? Then we show report doctor he said that hole is very minor it will close within 3 months. Is it true that it will close automatically after some months. Please suggest me in detail.
Hello doctor, My four year old son found a piece of used chewing gum outside house and chewed it for some time. Is there any chance of hiv infection from chewed used chewing gum?
Hi I am 26 years old female, my baby is 23 months and I had delivered my baby through c section and recently in the month of February 2016 I had inserted copper t actually before that also I was suffering from shoulder, neck, lower back and middle back pain but after the month of February I am suffering from these almost all days or alternate days, so please tell me the veg diet and exercises to ease from these pains and I want to know that why these pains occur what is the reason behind it? Please help.
My daughter in 3 years. She have a cut marks in her forehead due to stitches while she cut her forehead in March 2016. Now how I remove the stitch marks from her forehead. What ointment should I use to disappear the marks?
My child is 5 year old. He did not ask for potty. He did not want to hold pencil. He did not write in his studies but he learn quickly. He did not react quickly in any matter. What should I do for my child?
My son is 2.5 years old last 8 months his stool is too much hard I give him so medicine in homeopath and english medicine but problem not solved so what can I do.
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degree she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do.
she is 2 mth old suffering from lactose intolerance so I want to know if it is curable and what should I do for my. Daughter to relax her tummy.
Keep on giving a complete diet, milk, juice and common food to the child during dentition. Remember that the child did not sleep by keeping the milk bottle in his mouth. Keep the child neat and clean and stop him to eat soil. Massage with ice cube after tying it in cloth on the gums in the inflammation of the gums. Do not give more salty and sour things to eat. If the child has suffered from fever with cold and catarrh, checkup by a doctor and give treatment properly.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
My baby is 1. 5 month old and weights 12 kg. His palms and feets sometimes becomes hot without reason is it normal.
My son will complete 2 years of age in coming September. Please help me some guiding some good or healthy food for him as now a days he is not looking anything as what ever we give him he takes that from his mouth immediately and keeps crying for not eating. . He is also losing waiting because of this. Req for some relevant answer which helps.
My son is 5 months old and the colour of his potty is green and he do the same thing around 4-5 times in a da. Is there any problem and he drinks bottle milk as well as mothersfeed. 41.
There are few things I hear over and over again from students:
- How they are studying for so many in a day
- How they do not have even time for anything else in their life due to study pressure
- How they are sleep deprived
- How much they are stressed
- And finally, after all the sacrifices and hard work, their exam performance is not what they expect.
Here are few tips to study smart, improve your grades and yet have a life!
We all know that 2 hours of focused study will be much more productive than 4 hours of distracted study. And, the good news is that concentration is a mental skill that you can develop and improve. There are two ways to improve your concentration:
A. First, work on raising your brain's natural ability to concentrate or in other words, learn to increase your attention span.
B. Second, adjust the environment around you to make concentrating easier.
Improving your concentration takes a little time and effort, but it is worth it. In my personal experience with students, I have seen noticeable improvement in relatively short time.
A. Ideas for daily concentration boosting habits include
- Mindfulness meditation: Many studies confirm that 20 minutes of meditation or more per day improves concentration and attention span. Mindfulness meditation, where one focuses on one's breathing, is one of the simplest way of meditation. Start with ten minutes in the morning and ten minutes before bed. To begin with you may try a guided meditation. One can easily find audios for guided meditation online.
- Proper sleep: I am sorry to say this. Pulling all nighters will not help with your grade. Unless you are getting sufficient restful sleep, you are not going to be as mentally focused as you could be to study as well as answer questions in exams.
- Food for your Brain: The more you use certain skills, the more they are reinforced in the brain. So it makes sense that playing concentration games and games that require you to focus will improve your concentration ability. You need to be consistent in this. Play for about 10 to 20 minutes each day. Have fun, and get the benefits but remember not to spend more than 20 minutes a day. Your goal is to improve your concentration and not just keep scoring higher in the game! Try Lumosity and use only free version this will help you restrict your daily play time to 20 minutes and have maximum benefit.
- Eat healthier: Your brain needs the proper nutrients to allow you to focus. Eat more vegetables and fruits and avoid consumption of junk food as much as possible. Instead you could keep some nuts such as walnuts, almond or peanuts as in between munches. Lot of research has now proven that sugar is very harmful for our health. Reduce sugar and refined white flour in your diet as much as you could.
- Exercise: It is helpful in both reducing stress and increasing energy and focus. At least 20 minutes a day would go a long way. Going for a short jog of 20 minutes will make next 4 to 5 hours of study very efficient.
B. Optimize your mental state & environment
In addition to building the habits described above into your daily routine; also adjust your environment and your current mental state to improve your concentration when studying.
- Create a study space: Your brain loves routine. Create a place where all you do is study. An obvious choice is a secluded desk of some kind, but the trick is to make sure you only study in that spot. Studying in bed is a bad habit, for example, because your body is trained to want to sleep once you get into bed.
- Remove distractions: Turn off the ringer on your phone and take other steps to prevent interruptions. Don't study with the television on or with radio playing. Some studies have shown that soft instrumental music (no vocals) can help improve your concentration.
- Reduce background noises: If you have to study or work in an environment where it is too loud (classroom or open space) or too quiet (such as at home or at a library) you can get easily distracted by outside influences. With the right amount of background noise you can actually block out distractions and enhance your creative thinking.
- Use timer: Set a time limit when you need to study new material. For example, let's say you want to read one chapter in a book (and remember it). Decide in advance that you can have 45 minutes to read the chapter, and 15 minutes to review it. Set a timer to keep yourself honest, then pace yourself to keep within the allotted time.
- Stay motivated: If you see studying as burden, it's hard to concentrate. One way to stay motivated is to set up a reward system. Tell yourself you have to earn that hour of watching your favorite show later in the evening by first completing 2-3 hours of intense studying. That way, even if the material is dry, you have the reward to look forward to.
- Take breaks: Take a break every two hours. You mental energy will begin to decline after a long period of study. So every two hours or so, take a ten minute break. Walk around, eat a light snack, or just stare at the wall to relax your mind.
Concentrating is the first step to learning anything new. It only makes sense that if you improve your concentration, your memory will improve also.
How an expert can help?
If you want to get individualized expert opinion about how you are studying currently and what ways you can improve; you can always consult the expert. Once he/she knows what your current study methods are, they will be able to give you specific tips to improve upon. Most likely once you incorporate those tips you will be spending less time studying and your grades will improve. That's what is studying smarter and not harder means!!