Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
I am suffering from cough last 2 months Very hard cough sometimes blood also comes Feeling very weak now days.
Sir I am a runner I have pain in my right knee since 15 days .it occurs when I run and after running. Pain is below the knee cap and around it Now I am on rest please help me .I take ibrufen already but .pain hurts me when I run..
I have type 1 IDDM diabetes. I am I lower weight, should I increase. Diet is ok, but it is not increased.
Sir mere health bhut kamjor h me khana bhe time lita but mera wat nhi bad pa rha mere Aga 23 h or wat only 59 kg sir body me kesi parkar ke bemari bhe nhi h m bhut jalad thak jata or sir 3 mahene bad mere shadi h.
Hi, I am 17 years old and I have many nail marks on my face. And it is from the time when I was small when I was 10 years old. And now also it has not gone what should I do?
My fat not reduced though taking daily exercises not taking much rich food in daily diet. LDL cholesterol 126mg/dl high risk zone taking medicine for high blood pressure-asking solution please .
I am 25 years old but get tired very easily. My fitness is a key of concern. What should I do to improve it?
I have done my breast implants 10 year back, now I am unable to go for surgery again please tell me is it necessary to do it again or I have to take any medicine.
Hello sir can you tell me the side effects of radiation therapy in cancer treatment. Also I want to know that what prevention should I am take to control my hair fall. How can I get healthy and thick hair. please tell me sir.
I am troubled often by mouth ulcers. Are there simple remedies for this? I use a pain relieving gel and go on a course of folic acid and becosules and they come under control.
My height is 5 feet 10 inches and my weight is 58 kg. My weight is almost constant since last 4-5 years. As per BMI, I am under weight. I want to gain weight. My diet is very less and my digestion is normal, sometime I get acidity and gastritis problem.
Sleep is an activity where you do nothing, but rest. You relax your body and mind, you rest your bones and muscles and you rest your eyes after a long day of physical exertion. It is extremely necessary for you to get ample amount of sleep to stay healthy.
Otherwise there are various problems which you might have to face if you are lacking sleep:
- Elevates the risk of stroke: According to study, people who get less sleep are more prone to having strokes than those who get enough sleep. If you sleep for less than 6 hours every day, you multiply the risk of have a stroke four times than ordinary.
- Obesity: Lack of sleep can cause obesity. It usually forces you to take erratic food decisions, leading you to eat a lot of junk food. Less sleep administers certain hormonal changes which make you feel hungrier and believe that you haven’t eaten enough food. The production of the hormone ghrelin, which controls your hunger, increases due to less sleep. Hence, it may lead to obesity if you keep eating without keeping a check on what you eat.
- Increases the risk of diabetes: Sleep and the production of insulin are inversely related to each other. Among teenagers, the less you sleep; the more insulin resistant your body becomes. This means the body is not able to use the insulin effectively.
- Results in poor memory: Less sleep causes tiredness. When you are extremely tired, you are not able to focus on anything going on around you, you cannot concentrate on your work, and you get forgetful. In fact, consistent lack of sleep can even cause permanent loss of memory. This is because you are not being able to fully utilize the memory boosting ability of sleep. This eventually causes brain deterioration which results in permanent memory loss.
- Affects your heart: Lack of sleep can have an extremely negative impact on your heart. Less sleep also causes stress and strain to your body and mind. It results in an increased production of certain chemicals and hormones in the body which is harmful for your heart. According to a study in 2011, people who sleep less than 6 hours every day increase the risk of having heart problems by almost 48%.
It is not very healthy to sleep less as it can complicate your daily life activities. Sleep enough and stay healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.