Find numerous Speech Therapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Speech Therapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Therapy Oral Language
Language Therapy Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Yojna GokhaleYour feedback matters!
I am 23 years old. I had stammering problem since the age of 7. I had attended speech therapy clas. But it is not during. please suggest me he the stammering will cure.
From 6 to 7months my tongue has started to slip and very often I misspell the words I have often started to stammer. What can be done to prevent this. This was not like this before.
I'm 23 years old male. I'm unable to pronounce the letters r, re,RU, ir pls help me to find the solutions pls.
Voice results from the air that comes out of the lungs and passes through the vocal cords. The latter is also known as the voice box. Speech results from the vibration of the chords. Voice disorder might occur for various reasons such as tone, pitch, and volume of the if the voice. The roots of all problems boil down to the malfunctioning of the cords.
Voice disorder examples:
- Laryngitis: Laryngitis results from the swelling of the vocal cords. It can lead to a temporary halt of voice or a voice with hoarseness. It often occurs due to a viral attack in the respiratory tract. It can last from a few days to a few weeks. The treatment suggested for cases like these include resting the voice and intake of a lot of fluids. Some common causes that are responsible for laryngitis are GERD, chronic cough, and asthma.
- Vocal cord paralysis: Paralysis of the vocal cord can be temporary or permanent. The possible cause of this scenario can be from viral infection, cancer, surgical injury to the nerve etc. In the case of a paralysis of the vocal cord, a person might find difficulty in breathing, can result in weak voice etc. While this condition improves for many people with voice therapy and surgery, for some they permanently lose their ability to speak.
- Spasmodic dysphonia: The vocal cord spasm due to a problem with the nerve. This condition can lead to a quivery, hoarse, groaning or jerky voice. In this condition, a person might find it easy to speak at times and have difficulty in speaking later. Botulinum toxin and speech therapy help to improve this condition.
Possible causes of voice disorders:
- Growth: Extra tissue formation on the vocal cords might stop the vocal cords to work properly leading to voice disorders. The growth can be treated with injection, medicine or surgery.
- Swelling and inflammation: Exposure to chemicals, vocal and alcohol abuse, surgery-related complications can lead to inflammation or swelling of the vocal cords resulting in voice-related problems.
- Hormone: Disorder of the male, female and thyroid hormone can lead to voice related disorders affecting speech.
Symptoms of voice disorders:
- The harshness of the voice
- Voice is breathy, weak and whispery
- The voice sounds like choppy or strained
- A quivering sound while speaking
- The voice sounds harsh or rough while speaking
Diagnosis of Voice related disorders:
Voice related disorders can be detected through a process known as Laryngoscopy. This helps a doctor to view the throat region and find out the possible culprit that may be causing the problem. Some other popular methods are stroboscopy, EMG and imaging tests such as MRI and X-Ray of the throat. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a speech-therapist.
My son, age 4 yrs, can not speak but to gain attraction he usually cried out very loud. We consult ENT and did several tests like beta, tympanometry and audiometry. One doctor recommend cochlear implant, Another told to go for hearing aid. After various test the people who sell hearing aid are now demanding to deposit 60000 cash as security deposit for the hearing aid. Is this necessary? Can anybody help what should we do?
My sister aged 71 is a diabetic for the past 7 years and taking medicines. From 2014, she is taking insulin. From September on-wards, frequently she is experiencing acute tiredness during which she is unable to move and even to speak normally and it takes several hours to recover. Our family doctor says this might be due low sugar. The physician who is treating me for diabetics advised me to continue the same dosage of insulin because he is depending the 3 months average of sugar level. Kindly enlighten me how to get rid of such happenings. Santhanakrishnan.
Dear sir I have only one son. He is 6 year old but he not able for walk he not speak he not sit he abnormal I took many treatment for him but he did not have any improvement please give some suggestion what I do for him he can speak or walk or can sit thanks I i am from madhya pradesh live in gwalior I want he will be ok.
Hi sir my brother age is 14 years now. He didn't talk properly. He speak some words but not all words. doctor said to me speech therapy take to him. Please tell me how much cost of speech therapy for monthly fee.
My voice was very good. I use to smoke but quit 2 months back. But if I speak continuously even 10 mnts also. My voice getting rough. Please do the needful.
I am 22 years old and currently doing pg in physics. I have the problem that I usually feel frightened to speak in front of a gathering, and the problem only becomes worse if there are women around. Like I somehow don't feel comfortable in classroom and ask questions to the teacher. I always feel uncomfortable to speak to the girls when they come to for help or to discuss anything. I feel awkward (become red faced and sweat) if people look at me when I speak, but there is no such problem if there is complete darkness or there are only a few known people around. I have always been a bright student with thousands of successes to cheer about but this problem somehow doesn't allow me to enjoy my hard earned successes. Now I am in a fix what to do. I was thinking about taking sbl tranquil. please let me know if it is gonna help.
I have a sore throat and my voice has changed from last 2 days. I also get dry cough which worsens the throat voice again. Please suggest some remedies. Thank You.
Sir/ Madam I have a stammering & nose bleeding problem, but not getting satisfied results after showing everywhere, please help me on that & give tips on that topic. I will be very thankful to you.
A large number of people in the world suffer or has suffered from speech disorders like stuttering or stammering at some point in their lives. Stuttering or stammering is the involuntary disruption or interruption in speech where certain sounds are prolonged or words are repeated. Speech disorder can cause a lot of problems in terms of personality build up and causes anxiety in people. Every activity of the body is dealt or controlled by the nervous system and the brain. Thus the proper functioning of the body is the sole responsibility of the brain and any glitch can affect the functions to a certain extent.
What are the symptoms of speech disorders?
- Words are repeated
- Prolongation of words or silent blocks
- Hesitation while speaking
- Difficulty while starting a word or a phrase
What causes speech disorders?
- Genetic problems
- Stress, Shame and Anxiety
- Embarrassment and nervousness
- Loss of control while speaking
Ayurvedic remedies to overcome speech disorders:
- Brahmi Oil: It is a stimulant that is known to calm your mind and boost the function of the brain. Take 10 ml of the oil and warm it. Cool it down to a suitable temperature and apply to your head when it is lukewarm, half an hour before going for a shower. You can also apply it before going to bed and shampoo the morning after. This is more effective.
- Black pepper, almond and sugar candy: Take black pepper, and make a paste out of it. To the paste, add 7 ground almonds and mix it with sugar candy. Consume this paste every day for at least a month.
- Amla: It is an effective remedy, especially in children to stop stammering. Also known as Indian Gooseberry, it should be chewed on to slowly every day.
- Cow's Butter: Also called as ghee, it is responsible for brain development and is known to increase memory. Add this ingredient to your food.