Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Yogini
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. YoginiYour feedback matters!
Menopause is characterized by the absence of menstrual periods for 12 months. It is the time in a woman’s life when the ovaries stop functioning. The periods then stop forever. The normal period of menopause is 51 years of age, however, menopause may happen as ahead of schedule as the 30s or as late as the 60s. There is no solid lab test to determine when a lady will encounter menopause. Early menopause usually starts between the ages of 40 and 45. Untimely menopause begins significantly earlier, before the age of 40. Nevertheless, premature or early menopause is not that common with only about one percent of the women going through early menopause before the age of 40.
The signs and symptoms of early menopause are like the usual menopause. Some basic side effects include:
- Irregular periods (amenorrhea)
- Hot flashes
- Night sweats
- Vaginal dryness
- Mood shifts
- Mental fogginess
- Diminished sex drive
Your specialist will suggest a treatment depending on your individual circumstances. Some common ways to deal with premature or early menopause are as follows:
Hormone Replacement Therapy
Supplements containing estrogen and progestin can help and replace some of your reproductive hormones in the body that can no longer make it all alone. They are frequently taken until the normal period of menopause (around 50) to help avoid bone loss. This treatment is not suggested for all ladies since it expands the danger of:
Supplemental Calcium and Vitamin D
Supplementary calcium and vitamin D can help in preventing osteoporosis in case you are not getting enough of these supplements from your normal diet. Women between ages 19 to 50 need to consume 1,000 milligrams of calcium for each day through food or supplements. Ladies over age 51 need to consume 1,200 milligrams for each day. A prescribed day-to-day measure of vitamin D has not yet been built up. For grown-up females, most specialists prescribe 600 to 800 global units through food or supplements. One should get a prescription from a doctor before ingesting the medication.
Other strategies to deal with Infertility
A few ladies with untimely menopause can at present get pregnant with no treatment. Ladies who want to have children, however, tend to become infertile after early or untimely menopause, need to consider in-vitro treatment, fertilization or even adoption.
Numerous ladies discover that having a conversation with a therapist can be supportive to adapt to their anxiety. It helps them release their pent up emotions and gives the clarity and satisfaction about their problems. Talk therapies like cognitive behavioral therapy are always beneficial since they help in addressing the symptoms and side effects that a woman may be going through emotionally when it comes to early menopause. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Its been ten days yet period has not come and I do not want any baby right now what should I do please help me out.
In vitro fertilisation, commonly known as IVF, is the process of fertilising single or multiple eggs outside the body. This treatment can be performed by either using your own egg and sperm or using donated egg or sperm or sometimes both. The resulting sperms and eggs are evaluated for quality and then one or more of them are positioned properly in the uterus through the cervix. IVF is regarded as one of the most commonly opted treatment plans, and it accounts for more than 99% of assisted reproductive technology processes.
Who are suitable for IVF?
IVF can be helpful for you in case you have some issues with the egg quality or ovulation, fallopian tubes that are blocked in some way or endometriosis. It can also help you to get pregnant if your partner has problems with mortality and sperm count and when you have opted for donor eggs. About 1.5% of babies in the United States are conceived through the IVF process.
How does IVF work?
There are several steps through which IVF process works and the timeline follows the following steps:
- Stimulation for ovary: You will have to take a special kind of fertility drug for 8 to 14 days near the start of your menstruation cycle. This drug aids in the stimulation of your ovaries for developing multiple mature eggs to fertilise instead of a single one. You may also need to take an artificial hormone-like cetrofelix and leuprolide for keeping your body from releasing eggs very early.
- Development of follicle: When you are under all these medications, you will have to visit your doctor’s office often for checking the hormone levels as well as ultrasound measurements for the ovaries.
- Getting the trigger shot: Once the follicles are ready, you are likely to receive a trigger shot, which is an injection causing the eggs for maturing fully and becoming capable of being fertilised. Your eggs are ready for being retrieved after about 36 hours of receiving this shot.
- Gathering the eggs: At this stage, you are likely to receive an aesthetic or ultrasound probe that is inserted through the vagina for checking the ovaries and identifying the follicles. Normally, about 8 to 15 eggs are retrieved through the insertion of a thin needle.
- Fertlisation: This is the most vital step, where an embryologist is going to examine the eggs before they are combined with the sperm and incubated overnight. Fertilisation happens at this particular time, but abnormal eggs are not fertilised.
Then the embryos slowly develop and are planted on the basis of your age and clinical condition. When the treatment is working, an embryo is implanted in the uterine walls and starts developing.
Important Relationship Tips by Marriage Counsellor Shivani Misri Sadhoo (Saarthi)
Do you know it’s surprisingly easy to ruin a perfectly good relationship? People may not be aware they are doing it or might be spending their days thinking they are doing everything right for their relationships. Until one day without notice things start getting bad by frequent arguments, silent treatments, fight, then distancing. Marriage Counsellor Shivani Misri Sadhoo shares certain common behaviour that partners should check within themselves, as they can ruin a relationship.
1. Avoid angry reactions to your partner's feedback
Communication is the key to relationship bonding. However, with time partners tend to take communication between them for granted. By granted means; if their partner places a suggestion or an advice , they react angrily or they send intimidating overreactions or feedbacks that shut their partner down. So the shutdown partner again tries much harder, this time, to be listened and a cycle starts that gradually destroys communication between partners.
So don’t make a habit to react angrily if you have been criticised or been advised by your partner, instead make it your goal to hear everything. This doesn’t mean we have to agree with our partner but it says you give him/her the respect or the window to share their every view with you.
2. Avoid Deception and duplicity
In today’s life, people are more and more getting habituated of saying things that they don’t follow or believe. Like they tell their partner, “I really love you,” but they act like they don’t have any time to spend with them. They say “I want to be close to you,” then constantly criticize them when they are around.
These mixed messages of saying one thing and doing another represent a fantasy of being close but without really relating to them. Double messages like these slowly kill the relationship and the other person’s trust and faith.
3. Avoid controlling your partner.
Sometimes without noticing people starts to get intrusive or controlling toward their partner. For example, a partner may stop asking their other half their preferences and choices, instead, they start to impose their personal choices by terming it “we”. For example; “We love Chinese food so let's go for dinner to that restaurant”, without asking if the wife is interested in eating food outside or is in the mood at that moment to eat Chinese or not. Such an action disrespects the other person’s sense of self. When this happens, it not only hurts our partner and his or her feelings , but it can undermine our own strength and our feelings for our partner.
She is pregnant from one months and what is the precaution and diets and what type of medical care need to her.
Suvarna prashan; swarn prashan sanskar; swarn bindu prashan.
Suvarna prashan (swarna prashana)
- Suvarna prashan (also called swarna prashana and swarna bindu prashana) is an ayurvedic technique to enhance immunity and improve the intelligence of children. Swarna prashana is an ancient health tonic for children. Swarna prashana acts on the mind, brain, immune system, and skin. It promotes growth and development, maintains health, builds resistance to infections by developing non-specific immunity, and improves complexion.
- The purpose of suvarna-prashan is same as of modern vaccination to prevent diseases by building immunity against bacteria and viruses. However, suvarna-prashan has no specific indications like an individual vaccine, but it improves the overall immunity of children.
- Swarna prashana is effective for precluding upper respiratory tract infections and preventing common cold and flu. It can also prevent other diseases later in the life. This concept has no limitation only to bacterial or viral infections.
- Suvarna-prashan also benefits in a proper brain development. It improves memory, intelligence, verbal and cognitive functions of the brain.
Suvarna prashan sanskar
Suvarna prashan sanskar is an immuno-modulatory technique and one of the ancient indian rituals used in indian medicine and hindu families for children.
Micro-fine and calcined gold particles, also called swarna (suvarna) bhasma, is used with medicated ayurvedic ghee (clarified butter) and honey in unequal amounts in this process.
Age for suvarna prashan
However, suvarna-prashan requires administration as early as possible. A child with age 0 to 16 years is eligible for taking swarna prashana.
However, the specific age of giving swarna prashana is not described in ayurvedic texts, but the early administration of suvarna-prashan is greatly helpful for building immunity and intelligence. The capacity to build immunity against various diseases and infections is higher in early childhood and 90% brain development takes place by the age of five.
Therefore, it would be good to give suvarna-prashan before an age of five for maximum benefits. Suvarna-prashan has great effects on brain and intelligence, but it would help more before the age of 5 years.
In case, you have missed giving suvarna-prashan to a child before the age of five, then you can give him/her up to the age of 16 years.
Time of swarna prashana administration
The best suitable time to give suvarna prashan (swarna prashana) to children is early morning before sunrise.
Ingredients of swarna prashana
The main ingredient of swarna prashana is swarna (pure gold). The ingredient list is as follows:
- Swarna bhasm
- Shankh pushpi
- Cow’s ghee
- Pure honey
Nowadays, swarna bhasma is used in swarna prashana, which has better safety profile and efficacy as compared to unprocessed gold. The process used for making bhasma reduces the possible unwanted effects and increases its effectiveness.
Ancient method of swarna prashana
The main method described in the kashyapa samhita is as follows:
Take small water and pure gold. Rub gold in the water on a clean grinding stone facing east direction.
Now, mix water and rubbed gold with honey and cow’s ghee.
This mixture is given to the child to increase non-specific immunity.
Dosage of swarna prashana
- Swarna prashan can be given every day as per the below chart –
- Infants to 6months – 1 drop every day/ 2drops on each pushya nakshtra
- 6 months to2 years – 2 drops every day/ on each pushya nakshtra
- 2 to 10 years – 4 drops every day/ on each pushya nakshtra.
- Above 10 years - 6 drops every day.
- The single dosage is also considered effective if taken immediately after birth or as soon as possible following the birth. It can be repeated every month for enhanced preventive effects.
- It is also recommended to use daily basis for 30 days to 6 months according to kashyapa samhita for the desired effects on immunity and intelligence. Obviously, the regular use will be more effective than single use. After 6 months, it should be stopped.
Duration of use
As discussed, single optimum dosage of swarna bindu prashana is also effective to prevent common infections, but 30 days’ regular use of swarna bindu prashana is helpful for preventing maximum of the diseases and increasing intelligence. You should continue giving swarna prashana to your child at least for 30 days. For more beneficial effects on the brain, it can be used for 6 months. According to kashyapa samhita, if swarna prashana is taken for a month, child becomes very intelligent. If it is taken for 6 months, child becomes able to learn quickly and remember whatever he hears. According to this statement, it is cleared that swarna prashana can be used for 6 months without any doubt.
Minimum usage for at least 30 days
- Maximum usage not clearly specified, but as per kashyapa samhita statement, it can be surely used for 6 months regularly.
- After a course of 30 to 180 days, you can give swarna prashana once in every month for next 30 months. Pushya nakshatra day is the best for monthly usage. It comes after every 27 days.
- Importance of pushya nakshatra for swarna prashna
- It is recommended that swarna prashna should be taken on pushya nakshatra. Pushya refers to nourishment and pushya nakshatra is one of the most auspicious of the 27 nakshatras. The symbol of pushya nakshtra is the cow udder. If observed on the pushya nakshatra, the stars in the sky appear in an arrangement that that creates cow udder. Cow udder is associated with nourishment and so the swarna prashna is taken on pushya nakshatra to get optimum nourishment and benefits. Swarna prashna can be consumed on any other day, however, the efficacy can vary and it may not be as effective as pushya nakshatra.
Medicinal value of suvarna prashan
Suvarna prashan has following healing properties, which increase its medicinal value for preventive as well as therapeutic purposes.
- Memory booster
Benefits of suvarna prashan
The health benefits of swarna prashana (suvarna prashana) are explained in an ancient classic textbook called “kashyapa samhita.” according to ayurvedic texts swarna prashana (suvarna prashana) shows following benefits.
1. Boosts immune system
Swarna prashana (suvarna prashana) contains pure gold in the form of ash and some other herbs that are known to enhance the immune power of the body. Infants and children up to the age of 5 years have a low immunity and hence are vulnerable to infections. Administration of swarna prashana (suvarna prashana) in recommended doses can help to build a strong immunity and reduce chances of common infections such as cough, cold and fever.
2. Enhances memory
Swarna prashana (suvarna prashana) can improve attention and the grasping power in children. It is also known to enhance the memory. Swarna prashana (suvarna prashana) seems to be very important for improving brain health in children.
3. Improves digestion
Swarna prashan accelerates the process of digestion and hence improves the absorption of essential nutrients from food. Many children often suffer from gastric discomfort and reduced appetite. Swarna prashan improves appetite and thus promotes healthy body growth.
4. Nourishes the skin
Good skin is a sign of good health. Swarna prashan expels the unwanted toxins from the body causing total body de-toxification. It also improves the blood circulation which further results in improved skin texture and imparts glow to the skin.
5. Reduces mental agitation
Swarna prashan can effectively reduce temper and tantrums. Due to its calming effects on mind, swarna prashana (suvarna prashana) seems extremely beneficial in children with special needs such as autism, learning difficulties, attention deficit disorder and hyper activity.
6. Improves hearing and vision
Swarna prashan is known to improve the sense of hearing and vision.
7. Improves overall physical and mental health
Swarna prashan improves the blood circulation in the body and also stimulates the nervous system, thereby leading to overall good physical and mental health.
Suvarna prashan has beneficial effects on nervous system and immune system. Therefore, it is very helpful for improving memory, retention powder, intelligence, intellect, cognitive functions of the brain. Secondly, it is also effective for improving immunity and preventing diseases. The third effect is on the skin. It improves skin glow and prevents skin diseases.