Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. YoginiYour feedback matters!
Your tongue not only helps you in tasting, kissing, chewing or talking, but also helps in maintaining good oral health and hygiene. Since your tongue is exposed to a lot of bacteria and acid while you eat, taking proper care of it is of utmost importance. Not doing so can lead to the development of a whitish layer over your tongue, along with giving rise to bad breath. Not only that, an excess of bacteria on your tongue is harmful for your teeth and can cause tooth decay.
When you clean your tongue properly, you enhance your sense of taste and bid adieu to a host of oral health problems. Here are some handy tips on taking care of your tongue:
- Cleaning your tongue every time you brush with a tongue cleaner can put an end to bacteria growth in your mouth. Make sure to use either a tongue cleaner or a toothbrush with a dedicated tongue cleaner to clean your tongue. Also, clean your tongue in a downward motion to expel all the accumulated bacteria, and never apply a lot of pressure when doing so.
- Apply a thin layer of your toothpaste on your tongue before cleaning it. This makes removing bacteria from your tongue that much easier.
- After every time you're done cleaning your tongue, rinse your mouth thoroughly with water. Also, make sure to use a mouthwash once in a while, as that keeps foul odour at bay. Although, using a mouthwash daily is not advised as it can cause dryness in the mouth.
- A saline water solution to rinse your mouth can keep your tongue clean. All you need is a glass of lukewarm water with half a teaspoon of salt for this.
- Drinking green tea is particularly good for your tongue as it reduces the bacteria in your mouth to a great extent, preventing various oral health problems as a result.
- Foods that are high on natural or added colours (such as berries, black grapes or orange ice popsicles) should be avoided as they leave a thin layer of color behind on your tongue, which can mar its appearance.
- Sometimes, a whitish layer on your tongue can be a sign of a fungal infection, in which case you should go for a professional clean-up.
- Drinking lots of water is good for your tongue as it helps in washing out all the accumulated food and bacteria. Also, discoloration of the tongue can often be caused by dehydration, which is why drinking adequate amounts of water that is 10-12 glasses a day is vital.
Related Tip: "5 Reasons To Get Regular Dental Cleaning"
Dear doctor I am having irregular periods and menstrual cycle problems. Last time I had my periods for 3 weeks with heavy bleeding every day. In between it didn't bleed for two or three days. Also 28 days gap is not maintained sometimes. Kindly suggest some medicine or some natural remedies. Thank you.
We had unprotected sex, she missed the periods last 4 days back, having pain in lower abdominal, we tested pregnancy, it is positive, what we should do now for pain?
Dr. I have a period problem .i had intercourse with my husband on 1 and 3 rd oct with security n I am worried whether I am pregnant. I am a newly married girl n not at all prepared for baby. I have take unwanted 72 on 4th noon. And my last month periods date was 8th n today is 11 .i m really worried that why I am not getting in periods. So far I had done 3 test from preganews all were negative. please help me out. I really need your advice.
I am 19 years old girl. N I am getting irregular periods frm 2-3 months. I took advise of a gynecologist. She gave a pill bt tht only help whn I too it. M dependent on tht pill. please help me.
Hello Dr. I am 31 yr. married man. Its more than than 3 yrs. I got married. Now I want family planning. My question is what is the date to try for intercourse for getting a woman pregnant? Should I try repeatedly? If yes, how is the chance of having twins by doing so? If pregnancy occurs, on which day I can try pregnancy test through kit?
Hello Doctor, Greetings I have a serious question running in my mind without peace. I have missed my period, its been 12 days. I think I don't have any symptoms of pregnancy. Day before yesterday night I felt like nausea. That's all:(And I checked the HCG test, it came negative. What would be the other chances if not pregnancy? I am married and I am planning for baby.
My wife is afraid of having inter course, she is not allowing me near for that. Rest every thing is ok. Is there a way to do without her knowledge. Tried convincing for last three years, and took her for doctor consultation, it didn't work.
I am 29 years old, I am taking paxidepcr12.5 (after brkfst) and 1/4 rivotril 0.5 mg (aftr all the 3 meals) as prescribed. My problem is that I was supposed to have my periods on 16th may according to cycle but am still not down. I started my medicines from may 14. What could be the possible reason for this delay. Is it normal or should I consult a doctor for this? urgent guidance required, thank you.
I had unprotected sex and took an ipill in 2 hours and the next day again I had unprotected sex should I take another ipill?
What is the maximum time in which we can abort a child with pills and which pills should be taken to abort it or any particular way to abort rather than pills.
A cystic sol seen in my left ovary. Size 26mm. Report says follicular cyst. Is it dengarous and large size? my period is irregular and heavy bleeding. My gy suggest me dufaston 10mg. Is this medicine can cure this cyst?
We all know when we start our first night after marriage by offing the lights but my wife's want to do along with lights it is not the problem but she wants to do along by seeing porn videos ,how can it possible? She says having sex is my life ?what can I do? I think she might not be virgin?
I am 30 years old. My problem is since from 4 year s my menstrual cycle is not normal and married for 7 years n I don't have kids. Anxious to become mother. My gynecologist did all tests like pelvic scan, hsg, hormonal test. All r normal. If I take tablets my periods happens if not sometimes my periods won't happens for 2 to 3 months. I was on siphene 50 mg and medroxyprogestrone. Please help. Thanks.
I want to use contraceptive. Please suggest. And also let me know its side effects. do not want to use condoms.
I had some red patches near my vagina. They are itchy and irritating. Do applying zandu balm on them can cure them fast?
Causes of bladder control problems in women
Urinary incontinence is the term used to describe bladder control problems that affect several people. Many think it only occurs among older, menopausal women but it actually isn't uncommon amid young and active women.
Inability to control the bladder accompanied by pain can be symptomatic of various disorders ranging from a minor infection to cancer. Fortunately, bladder cancer is rare, and bladder pain is usually not serious.
The varied causes of urinary incontinence in women are as follows:
- Urinary tract infection: this is the most common cause of urinary incontinence and it affects women more than men due to anatomical factors. It can also happen at any age.
- Medicinal side effect: the inability to control one's bladder may be a result of the administration of certain medicinal substances such as alpha-blockers, antidepressants, sleeping pills and various narcotics.
- Changes in the reproductive system: pregnancy and fluctuations in hormone levels can cause bladder irritation, which leads to urinary incontinence.
- Impacted stool: when stool gets tightly packed in the lower end of the digestive system and rectum, bladder control is affected. Chronic constipation and constraint strain on the lower intestines leads to the weakening of bladder muscles and hampers the bladder control.
- Surgical side effects: temporary loss of control of the bladder is often a result of prior surgery and radiation therapy in the pelvic region.
- Nerve damage and neurological disorders: strokes and spinal cord injuries have a heavy impact on bladder control and amount to urinary incontinence. Diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and multiple sclerosis also lead to the same.
- Health complications: disorders such as diabetes and obesity directly affect the bladder and the ability to exercise control over it.
- Disability and impaired mobility: for women who are physically impaired and suffer from problems of arthritis, urinary incontinence is a major problem as they are unable to reach the toilet easily.
- Bladder cancer: even though it is extremely rare, bladder cancer affects a number of women every year and is treated through surgery and chemotherapy.
Related Tip: What Makes One Lose Control of the Urinary Bladder?