Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Yogesh P.MehtaYour feedback matters!
Hello doctors My son 3.5 month old is not passing stool from last 3 days. Is it ok or need any medicine for this?
We have a 6 month girl baby with cranial vault height little high, searching for some physiotherapy exercises to correct the shape.
At the time of baby sleeping ,he is not waking up after so many try and after some time he was normal wakeup and than sleep, is this behavior is normal for newborn baby.
Why does my son suffers from diarrhea and nausea after taking augmentin. He was recently given it for 7 days and on 9th day he started vomit and then complained of stomach pain and is still suffer from it. Last time when he took the same medicine he did suffer from loose motions and doctor advised enterogermina. So this time also I am giving enterogermina. Is it right.
As a parent, we all love our children deeply. And most of us will agree that these days parenting is very demanding and exhausting instead of pleasurable and joyous process. What has changed? It is not that children are any different. The difference is in the environment around them with stronger social influences; and this also affects the way we parent. In today's more democratic and egalitarian world; 'Do as I say and not as I do' style of parenting does not work. But, 'I will do as I see you doing' phrase from kids define our parent child relationship.
With change in social environment and influence, our strategies for correcting their behaviour and impart discipline has to undergo adaptation! When there are so many confusing and conflicting signals reach to our kids from their environment, whether we like it or not, we are still their role models. How positive parenting style will help? The core principle of positive parenting is to accept your child as an individual. We are in a democratic society and family is a small yet important part of society. Democracy does not mean allowing disrespectful and irresponsible behaviour; rather to effectively help kids change their behaviour and create harmonious and cooperative relationship with them. It also means that we as a parent need to learn to think, act and react in a different way.
Through, positive parenting, you will learn respectful disciplining methods, which would work better than demanding compliance. Through these principles and tips you will get your child to listen without screaming, nagging, reminding or evoking rebellious behaviour. More importantly this is all about building stronger relationship bond with your children and nurture them through early childhood to teen age years as they become independent, responsible, capable, kind, happy and successful young adults.
Tips to get you started:
- Everyone deserves to be treated with respect and dignity, including children.
- When your kid misbehaves instead of shouting or hitting, control your anger and respond in a calm and respectful way. Calmer but firmer tone and lower voice, yet not giving into their repeated demand, is much more effective as a discipline tool compare to nagging.
- Understandable that you have a lot on your plate, such as work, managing and keeping the home in order, managing meals and other outside responsibilities, kids sports or extracurricular activities, family obligations and so on. It is easy to get lost in all these 'have to do' activities. Parenting shouldn't be just one more task to deal with. Reconnecting with your parenting goals and aspirations periodically will help take the stress out of it and add fun into it. Spend some time daily (10 minutes will do as well!) to just listen and enjoy your child (without correcting them or giving them suggestion to improve!).
- Let your love for them be the driving force. Shift your internal conversations from 'have to' to 'want to'. As you do enormous things for your child each day, think how you are supporting their ambitions. How you are helping them become independent and strong. How you are nurturing qualities like compassion and deep listening by extending yourself.
- Give promises and keep them. As your children grow they need much more than your words to trust and rely on you. Keeping your promises, letting them know if you need to change the plan, taking their opinion in appropriate matter will go a long way.
- Seek to understand and do not impose yourself on your child. Especially when they are in their teenage, as a parent you have lot of worries, you are afraid of them making mistakes and of course you want to protect them from vices. Listening to them while keeping your focus on genuinely understanding them is the only way to go, when they know you understand them and they can trust you, the street between both of you turns two way street! They will be open to your wisdom and suggestion when they are at the cross road.
- Last but not the least, 'be a role model'. Don't preach. If they see you disrespecting others, they will not respect you. If they see you hooked on your smart phone; that is their license to keep theirs in front of their eyes 24/7. If you are hooked in front of the TV till late night and haven't picked up a book in last 6 months. Advice about reading is going to fall on dumb ears. In short, be the change you want to see in your children.
- Have family nights at least once in a week, play cards, board games or go for a walk together. Talk and listen. Just be there and listen without judgement and criticism, without thinking about how to correct them. Just enjoy each other's company and see how they are changing their opinion about you. Positive parenting doesn't mean you will never have problems in your family. You will? if you are alive and growing family. Positive parenting style will open up the avenues to keep communication alive; it will open your children to your influence. Isn't it something that we all wish for!! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
My two months old baby s spitting milk a lot after feed. Now a days he s spitting like curd type. Is it normal. After every feed im burping him. But also he s spitting like curd type. Kindly let me know is it normal? How to overcome wth these. Kindly advice.
Hello doctor, My 10 months old infant is passing very hard stool that too not passing completely. I am giving more water but still the same thing is happening please suggest what to do.
I have a baby girl.At the time of birth her weight was 3 kg. But after that she was not able to digest mother milk. .So doctor sai to stop feeding for some days. I hv stop feeding for 20 days. Then started feeding. But my baby's weight not gaining properly. Now she is of 13 months old and weight is 7.8 kg. Shebis not eating properly. And some days if she eat properly then vomiting due to access food. I think she is not able to digest food. My doctor gas given medicine SP LYCIN for weight gain.Should I continue that drops for long time? I also want to know How much weight should be for a baby girl at 13 months age? What should I give her to eat every day for calories gain? What kind of problem will be there if weight is less?
My baby is 1 year 10 month. He has slip down the stairs. His head very injured. Doctor can be stitched. My question is in future he has a problem on his head.
6 days ago my son started running nose. 2 days back he suffered with fever. That time gave him paracetamol 10 drops 2 times at the interval of 6 hrs. Fever stopped but he got cough. Please advice any cough syrup for him.
My son of 4 years weighing 14 kg has been diagnosed with urine infection of proteins mirabilis. He is given piptaz 1.4 gm twice daily and omnikacin 150 mg through IV for 10 days. So a canula has been inserted in his hands. Considering his age can you please guide what could be the possible reason of this infection and whether this is recurring. What can I do to prevent the side effects of these medicines on him and make him healthy.
Hello doctors My 5 month baby suffered with fever 99.7 under arms without any stomach or chest infection. I have given him BABY GESIC syrup at 10.30 am today Request pls guide for further ailment for curing fever.
This information is of my son. Please help me in selecting a diet chart for him. He is 9 months old.
My 13 year old son is overweight-67kg. Though he has cut down on junk and follows a strict diet his weight has not reduced. It has been so for the past 3 years. In fact, he was an underweight child till he was 3 years and later on till 10 years had no issues with body weight. Is there some problem I have to take care of?
Hi doc, my baby is 7 months old. He is hesitating foods even milk. 2 days before he got fever now he is alright. . But not taking anything. What could be the problem. I am really worried. Please advise.
My baby is very weak she is 11 month 10 days old. Her weight is 7 kg and she didn't have teeth. Please suggest me solution.
My daughter 9 yrs old. Having clief plate in mouth. Having fits problem since 2 months after birth. Her birth date is 14/2/2006. Now near about 4 years fits problem solved. But still she dosen't stand, walk or speak due to some minor neuro problem. What to do?
When you are becoming a mother, then a great deal of special attention needs to be paid towards you and the baby. At such a delicate juncture in life, you cannot risk the health of the baby and the mother by resorting to conventional medicine system that comes bundled with plenty of side effects. Listed below are a few reasons why you should opt for a homeopathic system of medication.
- It is completely safe as it has no side effects
- Homeopathic medicines are mostly prepared from non-toxic substances such as plants
- The medicine works by stimulating the body's own immune and healing systems
- Homeopathy not only targets one ailment but the overall well-being of the body
For the Mother
- Wound healing - After you deliver a baby, your body has a lot of internal bleeding and wounds that require special medical care. Here homeopathy comes to the rescue using Arnica Montana, which is one of the most popular agents that help in healing.
- Breast problems - Homeopathy is quite useful in treating a lot of breast related conditions like mastitis, cracked nipples, breast lumps and such others. In this condition a homeopathic medicine called Phytolacca Decandra can help treat such issues.
- Baby blues - It refers to periods of low moods and depressions that happen after conceiving a baby. In this case, the homeopathic medicine Pulsatilla helps you to revive your mood.
- For the Baby
- Teething - Teething is the stage when the baby tends to develop his or her baby teeth. It is identified by a baby with bright red cheek crying due to discomfort.
- Sleep - Uneven sleeping pattern of babies is also a common problem which causes them discomfort and irritation which makes them cry at times.
- Immunization - It is known that homeopathic medicine mostly focuses on the overall betterment of the human body.
Therefore, taking homeopathic remedies also fortifies your immune system thus helping the baby fight ailments in an efficient and effective manner.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: How Homeopathy Can Cure Muscle and Joint Pain?