Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Yatin ShahYour feedback matters!
Causes and Symptoms of Renal Hypertension
High blood pressure is characterized by an increased force that the blood exerts on the blood vessels when it moves through the body. Renal hypertension is a blood pressure disorder where the arteries that carry blood to the kidneys become narrow, as a result of which the blood pressure through these vessels increases.
It is caused when the arteries that supply blood to the kidney get narrow or get blocked. This can cause the kidney to release specific hormones that signal the body to retain water and sodium. This can put additional pressure on the blood vessels which leads to increased blood pressure. It can also be caused by atherosclerosis which is characterized by hardening of the arteries. Improper development of the arteries can also lead to renal hypertension.
The symptoms of renal hypertension are:
- Feeling confused
- Blurred vision
- Regular headaches
- Bleeding from the nose
- Gradual decline in kidney function
- Possible long-term damage to the kidney
- Feeling lethargic and drowsy
- Loss of appetite
- Dryness in skin
- Muscle cramps
- Breathing difficulties
The diagnostic procedure for this disorder consists of blood, urine, doppler ultrasound and CT angiography or MR angiography tests. Treatments for this disorder usually include medications to ease blood pressure. Preventive measures include modifications in lifestyle such as following a proper diet, limiting smoking, restricting sodium or salt in the diet and following an exercise regimen. Steps should also be taken to reduce stress. Yoga and meditation are highly beneficial to control the condition. Sometimes intervention is needed in the form of PTRA and stenting.
Related Tip: Kidney Stones and Homeopathy
HI my name is renuka. My marriage life has completed 2 and half years. My husband smokes and drinks a lot. In a day he smokes at least 5 cigarettes .he has sex feeling very low. I dnt knw what is the reason .also he is over weight. Still I did not get pregnancy .he does not come to me if I go also he does not respond anything. May I know what would be the reason for this .
Mai 4 month se planning kr rhi hu for a baby. Mera period 18th april ko aya h. Me kb sex kru jisse pragnant ho saku. Ya kis date ko kru?
I lost 15 kg weight in 1 year with dieting and my skin is getting loose and my breast size is 34d and are very soft now which were stiff one month back.
I am working in night shift from 5 to 2.30. Am over weight due to imbalance life style. Am unable to balance my health being in this shift can you guide me how to maintain my health. Need some healthy tips.
I had sex 8 days before. I already passed my period date by 2 days. Can I do home urine test by kit. please help me. I am worried.
I am detected with PCOS. For two months my fertility specialist kept me on letrozole and metformin along with acetylcysteine powder. But no ovulation occurred. Now I am on follicular injection and letrozole along with metformin and acetylcysteine powder. What are the chances of my getting pregnant in this cycle?
Keep healthy in winter by including plenty of these 5 foods in your diet. Although there are fewer foods that are in winter season than in summer. Here are 5 of the healthiest winter foods you should be eating.
1. Pomegranates - Chances are you have tasted pomegranates in their newly popular juice form. And from a heart-health perspective, thats probably a good thing. Pomegranate juice is rich in antioxidants (more so than other fruit juices), just a cup daily might help to keep free radicals from oxidizing ldl bad cholesterol, according to a preliminary study in the american journal of clinical nutrition. Oxidized ldl contributes to plaque buildup in the arteries. Another study showed that drinking pomegranate juice might improve blood flow in the heart in people with myocardial ischemia, a serious condition in which the hearts oxygen supply is compromised because the arteries leading to it are blocked.
2. Dark leafy greens - Dark leafy greens, such as kale, chard and collards, thrive in the chill of winter when the rest of the produce section looks bleak. In fact, a frost can take away the bitterness of kale. These greens are particularly rich in vitamins A, C and K. Collards, mustard greens and escarole are also excellent sources of folate, important for women in childbearing age.
3. Citrus - Citrus fruits, including lemons, limes, oranges and grapefruit, are at their juiciest in the wintertime and can add sunshine to the dreary winter. Citrus fruits are loaded with vitamin, one medium orange delivers more than 100 percent of your daily dose. Citrus fruits are also rich sources of flavonoids. The predominant flavonoid in these fruits hesperidin is credited with boosting good hdl cholesterol and lowering bad ldl cholesterol and triglycerides.
4. Potatoes - Potatoes sometimes get a bad rap for being a white starch, thrown into the same category as white rice or white bread. But unlike those other starches, which have indeed been stripped of healthful nutrients, potatoes are foods that contain several beneficial nutrients. They are an excellent source of two immunity boosters .vitamins C and B6, delivering 25% and 29% of your daily needs per medium potato, respectively. They are also a good source of folate, which is especially important for women in childbearing age, and they deliver fiber (4 grams in a medium potato, women need 25 grams daily and men need 38 grams). If you can find purple potatoes, you will get an added health boon as they are rich in anthocyanins antioxidants that are linked to a host of health benefits, from lowering cancer and heart disease risk to quelling inflammation.
5. Winter squash - There are many varieties of winter squash including butternut, acorn, delicata and spaghetti squash and they all are excellent choices in the winter. One cup of cooked winter squash has few calories (around 80) but is high in both vitamin a (214 percent of the recommended daily value) and vitamin c (33 percent), as well as being a good source of vitamins B6 and K, potassium and folate.
It was believed by Dr Peter D’Adamo that the unique antigen markers of different blood group types react to different kinds of food. The consumption of the wrong kind of food may lead to various health conditions. The right kind of food, when consumed according to the blood types can help prevent chronic diseases, maintain an optimum body weight and act as defence against a large number of diseases. It was also believed that stomach acid levels and digestive enzymes are related to blood types.
Blood type diet:
- Blood Type A should only consume a vegetarian, in fact vegan diet.
- Blood Type B is recommended a balanced diet of meat, dairy products and vegetables.
- Blood Type O should consume high amounts of animal protein along with lots of fruits and vegetables. The carbohydrate, dairy and wholegrain intake must be low.
- Blood Type AB should stick to a vegetarian diet mostly, with occasional inclusions of meat and dairy products.
Pros of a diet based on blood group
- Food that agrees with your body system is essentially beneficial to your body.
- Blood type dieting makes exercising the most important part of your daily health regimen. This helps to promote fitness.
- It is effective as far as weight loss is concerned.
- It discourages the consumption of processed food and junk meals. Healthy fresh vegetables, fruits or dairy products will always be beneficial.
- Does not allow the intake of fatty, sugary food items.
- You can choose different food for your diet from a variety of food items suitable for your blood type.
Cons of a diet based on blood group
- It does not include food from all food groups.
- Many nutritionists and scientists have not been able to establish a connection between blood type and food suitability.
- Cutting out certain essential food groups can be quite dangerous.
- The theory of Dr D’Adamo is quite questionable and disputable. It does not have a medical backing.
- Following this diet can be quite tedious.
- There can be varying results from following such diet and this makes it difficult to analyse the outcome of following such diets. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
My wife is in pregnancy of 8 months she's B-ve blood group her child is normal but child is partially covered with cord around the neck and doctor recommend may for operation .Is there any danger for mother during Operation or in delivery of child can you please help me out what is the exact procedure I have to follow next ? THANKS.
Everyone wants to work out but is unable to find time to put in the effort. Exercise, first thing in the day can fresh you up but late afternoon to early evening is the best time to exercise, because our body in general and our muscles and lungs in particular are working at their most optimal performance during this period.
Tips for better workout
Working out at any point in a day is much better than not exercising at all. This is why you should not feel anxious in rescheduling a work out to late evening while ensuring a completion of your daily responsibilities.
In order to provide the body adequate time to cool you should finish working out 3 hours before sleeping.
Body temperature increases after a good work out session and having a bath for only about 3-4 minutes after a session can lower your body temperature significantly.
Abrupt changes in temperature are not good for health therefore, do not jump into your car or head straight to the shower in case you are feeling hot after a workout. Cooling down slowly after the work out can be much more beneficial.
Though you can work out before bed, it would be much better if you do not use your own bedroom for the purpose of exercising.
If you are working out before bed, take a deep and long breath once you have finished. This can help you in sleeping properly. Meditation can also support the same phenomenon because it lowers the level of adrenaline in the body.