Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Yatin ShahYour feedback matters!
I am 27 year old male. On 1st may I had shaved my pubic hair with a gilette razor. On 5th may I had protected sex with a sex worker. However that day I had small red razor bumps on the pubic area that came into contact with her skin during intercourse. Now I am anxious. Is there risk of HIV or any other STDs?
My friend had protected sex last saturday and her period is late. She is a student and does not wish to become a mother now. What should she do?
Hi doc , As i and my wife have sex every month and she consumes ipill every month so now is there any ways that she is not going to get pregnant or stuff in future becoz now she is having excess bleeding and very bad stomach pain please help.
I am 22 yrs old.Last two days are stomach paining and white colour is bleeding in urinal area and this two days are my hip is paining. And my last sum date is 11.
I am 8th months pregnant and having sleepless nights with all negative thinking in my mind and sometimes if I dnt thnk anything also I dnt get sleep my gynaecologist said it may b anxiety insomnia she gave me zolfresh 5 mg once at bed time is it is safe to take the medicine in pregnancy.
My wife after delivery 5 month. Delivery cesarean. My wife body than very go to slim what is the reason?
Sexual Dysfunction in Men and Women -
Sexual Dysfunction is difficulty experienced by an individual or a couple during any stage of a normal sexual activity, including physical pleasure, desire, preference, arousal or orgasm.
Sunlight is an effective way to Improve your Sex Life - Sunlight plays a significant role in enhancing the sex hormones in the human blood. Sunlight promotes sexual activity in both men and women. It aids sexual development, improved fertility, increased arousal, heightened libido, enhanced sensations.
What is the cause for the thyroid. I am taking thyrox 75 daily I really want a baby what should I do for it. Is any thing which I have to be avoided. Kya thyroid patients ko baby conceiving nhi hoti h. Agr ho v gya to baby ko koi problem to nhi hoti h na.
Mine hormones report T3 132 normal range: 60-200 T4 7.6 4.5-12.0 TSH 3.49 0.30-5.5 Thyroid normal Mine T3 132 T4 7.6 TSH 3.49 Sir mine hormones are normal know? I have pcod problem egg not growing so please tell me I don't have unwanted facial hair in my face or legs or chest. I don't have periods problem now Egg not growing that only problem Weight also reduced Don't have ovarian cyst also 2 times scanning over not growing egg that only problem So don't ask again for you told pcod and endly you told ovarian cyst not there told first you clarify that word don't tell me My age 24 Height 5.3 Weight 63 kg Please tell me correct answer don't confuse me I want to conceive so please.
I am 25 yrs old women. I am feeling weak in evey day and my marriage life also impacting. I am working in night shift and everyday I will sleep for 9-10 hours but still I am not well. What should I do?
I got married last Nov. We had intercourse on 22 mar and after that she missed her period. As I am not financially sound now, we don't want child know. Kindly suggest me the kind of abortion she could go with. As she is at father s place, she will be coming to my place after one month. After then only we will be able to go for any procedure. Kindly help regarding this.
Please can you advise that is it safe to do sex in pregnancy in first month starting phase. If yes than please tell us how we can do safe sex without any complications. Please suggest us the precautions and advise from your end also.
There are many questions a woman may have in mind for her gynecologist, but never asked them. Here are 15 such questions along with their solutions.
- Does my vagina smell unpleasant?: You should shower it with water and gently wipe it with a wash cloth before any test. Applying perfume makes the smell even worse.
- What to do in case the feet stink?: You should wear fresh and clean socks before going for the test and getting in the stirrup, which is a metal device for convenience of gynaecological tests.
- In case of a period, should I cancel my test appointment?: A gynaecologist is not afraid nor disgusted by blood as blood is a part of the specialist's profession. If you have heavy bleeding, you can call up the nurse for suggestions.
- What if the doctor or nurse judges my body?: Your gynaecologist does not care about your body and is more concerned about your problems and how to solve them.
- What if my legs are unshaved?: Your gynaecologist really does not care about your legs or underarms or any part of your body. Your problem is the only concern for the doctor.
- What if my shaved hair looks ugly?: As stated before, the gynaecologist is only concerned about your problem and nothing else. Use a sharp razor to prevent bumps or ingrown hair.
- What is the speculum?: It is a device used by your gynaecologist for opening your vagina in order to observe the cervix or look for infections on the vaginal wall.
- Why do I urinate in my pants if I sneeze, laugh or cough?: This is a common phenomenon for women who have given birth and is easy to treat.
- Is my vaginal discharge normal?: Having a small amount of white vaginal discharge is quite normal.
- What does the gynaecologist check inside my vagina using hands?: The bimanual exam is done using the hands to detect problems in the uterus.
- What if I do not like birth control means?: There are over 50 methods of birth control and many pills you can choose from.
- Can I ask about my sexual problems?: Absolutely yes, as it is quite an important issue.
- Can my partner or family accompany me to the test?: Yes, they can, but during the time of the test, they should leave the room.
- Can I discuss my relationship problems?: Your gynaecologist should know about any issue you are having.
- If I am having forced sex, should I tell? :Such matters should be conveyed immediately.
You can ask your gynecologist any question, which bothers you, without fear.
My wife is pregnant of 3&half months she is feeling etching whole body like moving ants in whole body. It was worsen at night she is too much etching in her legs. What I can do. Please answer as soon as possible.
Over the last few decades, the word cholesterol has assumed a different connotation. It has come to be known as a silent killer that spells doom for health. However, what we need to realize is that a certain amount of cholesterol is essential for the proper functioning of the body. The liver produces about 85% of the cholesterol that is required by the body normally. The ever changing food habits have introduced a lot of processed foods that are loaded with saturated fats. Along with this, reduced physical activity has led to accumulation of cholesterol in the blood.
The types of cholesterol are based on the density and we have 2 types of density that is Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL) and High Density Lipoprotein (HDL). LDL is more dangerous than HDL, called as bad and good cholesterol respectively. In addition, the triglycerides and lipoprotein are also critical indicators of overall cholesterol levels. Depending on a person's age, height and weight, normal levels are derived for each of these four.
Because of their density of the cholesterol molecules, as they are circulating in the blood stream, they tend to get sluggish and settle down along the walls of the blood vessels, referred to as plaque. This plaque attracts more and more cholesterol from the blood and the layer gets gradually thicker. This reduces the thickness of the blood vessels and in severe cases even completely blocks blood flow to important organs like the brain and heart, leading to severe conditions like stroke and heart attack respectively.
However, it is not always that all cholesterol is bad. It is one of the essential things for the proper body functions with the main functions listed below:
- Each cell in the body requires it to form the cell membrane, the protective layer around the cells
- Synthesis of vitamin D is done with the help of cholesterol, which is very essential for skin health
- It also helps in hormone formation. In addition to steroids, other hormones like testosterone, estrogen, cortisol require cholesterol as a main ingredient
- Formation of neurotransmitters and overall nerve function requires cholesterol. This ensures optimal neurological functioning.
So, as noted above, there are, both good and bad aspects to cholesterol. It is not all that dangerous a thing that it is made out to be. The trick is to maintain a good level of cholesterol so that the body's requirements are met, and at the same time, the harmful effects are kept at bay. Some important parameters to manage, include the percentage of bad cholesterol in the blood and the ratio of triglycerides to HDL in the blood. These are considered fair indicators of heart health and if need be, lifestyle changes and/or medications can be undertaken to manage overall health and reduce risk of heart disease and stroke.