Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Yasmin S Siddiqui
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Yasmin S SiddiquiYour feedback matters!
Here are three top tips to help improve couple compatibility.
*Make time and Talk to Each Other: Share your day with your partner. Talk about the good things that happened, the challenges you faced and anything that strengthens the mental bond.
*Stop Criticizing: this is Something that couples desperately need to work upon. You don't have to be harsh while telling your complaints given the fact you'd have to wake up right next to your partner every day. Try converting your complaints into requests for change in them.
*Help Each Other in Your work:
Just extend your helping hand to help your partner in the things that they do. Sometimes, saying ""I am here for you"" is good enough for the person."
Stress or depression is going on me badly so pls suggest some medical that can kill the stress permanent.
Being away or oblivious to social media is synonymous to not following the herd. Social media probably is no more the latest fad; it is the given code to take a deeper look into the present age. The rewarding fact about social networking sites is their ability to transport us to people and places millions of miles away from us. This epoch with its dictates of overproduction and maximum utilization of labor, snatches away the boon of communication.
Social media gifts us with easy communication and wider access:
- Social media creates peer pressure: Coming in continuous contact with occurrences in other people's life can lead to mental setback. You may feel low on comparing your achievements with that of others. Consciously or unconsciously you are struggling throughout to be at par with them who are seemingly jubilant. Virtual peer pressure is realized by many.
- It can bring us at close quarters with penitence: Persistent grief or regret can take a toll on your mental health. It can make you depressive. Depression is again not a healthy thing for personal growth and development. It usually results in lack of motivation.
- You tend to panic more through continued use of social media: If you have not been in touch with social media for a couple of days you are instilled with the fear of losing out on incidents. You panic regarding what has been happening all over the world that in reality will in most cases bear no effect on you.
- It accustoms you to the glamorous appeal of drugs- Social media tends to showcase the ills of society as glamorous contributing factors of life. It celebrates the vices of drugs and other addictive agents as virtues. Young adults are therefore easily incited to give in to addiction.
Positive effects of social media on your mental health:
- Social media will let you take a break from hovering tasks and responsibilities.
- Helps you connect with long lost friends. Social networking sites will bring you close to new and old friends alike.
- Real society is overly judgemental. It prohibits you from coming across as your true self. Virtual media allows you to come out of your cocoon and helps you feel comfortable about yourself.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My father us around 67 and he has slight bp. But now its in control as he use bp tablet. But for the past few weeks he is facing breathing problem and he is unable to sleep at night. I know he is more worried about family. He always thinks about family. Please suggest me what shall I do. Which method will make him relief from that problem. Can you suggest any medicen please
Hi, My son is 17 years old and has been smoking ng for past more than two years. Can he quit smoking?
Though technology has progressed so much that many diseases are getting cured, people still have myths in their minds about mental illness. Mental illness is not considered as an ailment, but often considered as just a passing phase. In fact, having a negative perception of people with psychiatric issues is a matter of concern, known as stigma.
Due to the stigma around psychiatric issues, people suffering from such issues face a multitude of problems, some of which are:
- Patients may feel afraid to disclose their problems and to seek help,
- Miscommunication may happen between the person and his or her friends and family members,
- Lack of opportunities in case of academic as well as professional fields,
- Facing of both physical as well as emotional bullying by people around,
- Health insurance does not cover mental illness yet,
- The myth that such conditions and situations can never be dealt with completely.
Stigma is not a short term problem, and there can, of course be, solutions for people with psychiatric issues to deal with it.
Get Education and Treatment
It is very important for both the patients as well as the people around to get educated about their psychiatric issues. Today there are some options and ways through which patients can be successfully and adequately managed for many psychiatric issues. If people around you are not able to understand this, you need to ignore them and get proper treatment yourself.
Do Not Let Stigma Affect You
If you get affected by the stigma around you, you may get affected by other issues such as depression that may become even more serious. Hence, you need to learn to avoid such people and to gain confidence in yourself. If you have confidence in yourself, you will be able to perform all such activities in life that are performed by any person in an academic, professional or any other field.
One of the most common problems that you may face is getting isolated. It is your right to lead a normal life, and hence, you need to go out and socialize. If you are not comfortable around your friend circle, you can join a support group that has members similar to you.
There are many associations that run workshops and seminars to educate people for decreasing the stigma around mental health issue. You can also become a part of such associations, but of course, before that, you need to gain confidence in yourself. For doing this, some of the steps such as the ones given above can be of great help. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!