Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
My girlfriend getting married with someone else but we love very much with each other but we can't go against our family that's why she is marrying but it is very difficult to me that I accept it I am very tense what should I do?
I always feel frustrated from inside. Don't like to stay at home. Like to stay alone. I don't live someone give me order. I sometime hurt myself. I hit myself. Always feel sad what to do?
I'm 20 year old male I have a problem, I feel so sad every time, feels so lazy with no excitement and get scared a lot many times I ve became so anti social I don't mix up with friends and I get scared while talking or doing anything else with them.
I'm a 23 year male. I was good in my studies at school level. Gradually it decreased. I've never took my studies seriously, I had a confidence that even if I study a week before exams, I'd pass. During my graduation I had a breakup and to come out of it wasn't easy for me. I can't explain it in this mail but every day was like hell to me, I couldn't sleep, eat properly and what not. Slowly I've started getting out of my self pity thoughts. In these situations I thought that I wouldn't pass my xams but somehow I did. After that I've done a course but I didn't had enough confidence in me, by that time I was different than what I was in my early days. I could hardly remember or understand the concept. I couldn't think creatively, so I thought to go for another course, now i've completed that but same again. I'm out of my confidence, cannot concentrate on anything, after failing in an interview I thought that at least from now I'll prepare again but I can't even start a thing. My job profile needs creative thinking, but I cannot even think normally. Some times I feel my cognitive functions aren't normal. What should I do to get out of my situation? I need to improve the functioning of my brain. I should have confidence, passion. Should I consult a psychiatrist? Please someone suggest me a detailed answer.
My son is not able to concentrate on anything. He is not able to study becoz this. Maths calculation, normal study, general knowlegde is a fail for him. He cannot remember things. But he is able to daily activity. He also remember the cartoon series. He somewhat able to make word from english, if we ask him in marathi. Basiclly he is very much inocent. I have shown him to doctors, but Dr. Advised him to take him to spacial school. But he behave normal and now confuse parent. Do not laugh. It true. I just want him act normal in Hindi if i want say " main usee khud matlabi banana chahata hu" just like "THAT MINE"- matlab. That he can understand money and live life atleast.
Bipolar disorder is a condition where the patient may go through certain periods of extreme happiness and joy which is known as mania. On the other hand, there may be other periods where the patient may be extremely sad and depressed and even suicidal.
In some individuals, these phases may last quite long whereas, in others, they may change very quickly. However, there are certain common symptoms displayed by patients with bipolar disorder. Let's look at a few of them.
- Feeling extremely happy, to the point of being careless - Certain patients, at the onset of bipolar disorder, will feel extremely happy and have their sense of judgment hampered. When patients feel very elated without proper context, or for very small reasons, it could be an indication that the person is experiencing mania.
- Feeling extremely depressed - Similarly, on the other end of the spectrum, if a person feels extremely depressed without an appropriate reason, it may be due to bipolar disorder. Also, the severity of depression and the length of time for which a person experiences it is also an indicator of the condition.
- Lack of interest in activities which formerly interested you - You may suddenly lose interest in an activity that genuinely interested you earlier. This may include your profession or hobbies.
- Loss of appetite during the depression phases - During the phases of depression or sadness, which may sometimes last for months, a person may rapidly lose weight due to lack of interest in food. Even for patients who have shorter cycles of changes lasting for only a few weeks, this will be noticeable.
- Extreme restlessness and lack of sleep during the manic phases - When the person enters a manic or happy cycle, it may trigger over enthusiasm, restlessness and lack of sleep. This, like the depression phase, will also vary from patient to patient and may continue for the entire duration of the phase. A jump from a depression cycle into this phase will be definitely noticed by others.
If a few of these symptoms are detected, then the patient should be taken to a mental health professional for appropriate treatment as soon as possible.