Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Yashwanti ModyYour feedback matters!
There are many condiments used for flavouring in Indian cooking. We also have many ingredients that can bring us health benefits. Khus khus or poppy seeds are one of the staple Indian condiments that we use in pulses, curries and other vegetable preparations. This condiment is also known for its varied health benefits that many of us may not be aware of.
Read on to know more about the health benefits of poppy seeds.
- Constipation: Poppy seeds are known to drive away and prevent constipation. This condiment can also remove gas. These seeds keep your stomach feeling full for a much longer time. It can be added to your food so that you can avoid constipation and other problems like gas and indigestion. This is due to the fact that poppy seeds carry plenty of dietary fibres.
- Sleep problems: Khus khus is also a well known ingredient that can be taken with warm milk and sugar to help in curing sleep disorders like insomnia. This ingredient helps in inducing sleep and is known to be an excellent way in which one can cure sleeplessness. The milk with poppy seeds must be ingested at least an hour before you sleep.
- Respiratory problems: If you have been suffering from asthma and other respiratory issues for a very long time, then this might just be the cure for you. One can have poppy seeds as this ingredient acts like a decongestant of sorts and helps in keeping the airways and the throat tract clear. It reduces the amount of cough that one may be having, which helps in better management of the respiratory problem being faced.
- Radical attacks: Any radical attacks like a sudden spike in one’s cholesterol and blood pressure as well as cardiac arrest can also be prevented with the help of poppy seeds along with a good diet and exercise routine. Poppy seeds are a well-known source of antioxidants and one can have plenty of this in order to avoid coming down with any sudden and serious health issues.
- Kidney stones: With the help of poppy seeds and its antioxidants as well as dietary fibers, it is possible to routinely flush out all those toxins that can otherwise accumulate in your body. These toxins usually give rise to conditions like kidney stones and other related issues. Ingesting poppy seeds on a regular basis can go a long way in avoiding such issues.
- Pain killer: Whatever kind of pain we may be suffering from, and for whatever reason or condition, chewing on poppy seeds can actually help in giving substantial pain relief. It can relieve you of tooth aches as well as muscular and neurological pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Its been 1 year after our marriage and me and my husband started living as couples before 3 months only. After having sex, I am washing my vagina. Is it the reason for not getting conceived so far. As soon as v complete having sex and he takes his penis out the sperm fluid is oozing out and he is complaining that may b the reason foe not conceiving. And my body is always very hot too. I would like to conceive but we arr not able to can you guide us in the same. Please do guide and help in conceive.
Hello I have been married for 1.5 years and I am 33 years old. We are planning a baby now need some guidance in this regards. My periods have been regular.
A girl’s first period or Menarche marks her transition from a ‘girl’ to a ‘woman’. Most girls have their first period between the ages of 11 to 13 depending on their genetic structure, body weight, nutrition and maturity of the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis. Periods are usually irregular in the first two years and gradually settle into a pattern. Along with the duration of the periods, there may also be fluctuation in the amount of blood being lost. Puberty menorrhagia can be described as excessive vaginal bleeding during menstruation. This can occur up to the age of 19 years.
One of the characteristic symptoms of menorrhagia during puberty is having to change tampons or sanitary napkins every 2-3 hours. Periods that last more than 7 days can also be a sign of this condition. While the average amount of blood lost during menstruation is 30ml, adolescents suffering from this condition can lose up to 80ml of blood. Other symptoms include acne, pale skin, the growth of excessive facial or body hair and palpitations of the abdomen. These indicate an imbalance of hormones within the body.
In most cases, this condition is caused by anovulatory cycles. This can be described as a menstrual cycle in which an egg is not released by the ovaries. Anovulatory cycles may be triggered by sudden changes in hormone levels, drastic weight loss or weight gain, stress, extreme levels of exercising and an imbalanced diet. The use of hormonal contraceptives and infections may also cause excessive menstrual bleeding. Less common causes of this condition include endocrine disorders, systemic illnesses and structural lesions such as cervical polyps or fibroids.
While menorrhagia is common during puberty, if it continues for over three months, you must consult a doctor. Depending on the factors triggering this condition it can be treated with hormonal or non-hormonal medication or even a combination of the two. Treatment for this condition must be tailored to each patient while keeping in mind her age, family medical history and co-existing medical conditions. Hormonal treatment for excessive menstrual bleeding can take the form of oral contraceptives or progesterone tablets. Non-hormonal forms of treating this condition include iron supplements and medication to reduce blood flow. You should also eat more food that is rich in iron and vitamins while reducing intake of proteins and spicy foods. Home remedies for this condition include drinking a tea made with coriander seeds or adding cinnamon to your usual cup of tea.
My urine analysis is slightly turbid, WBC is ocationaly .What is my condition doc? Is I am pregnant?
Here are reasons why it is so good -
1) it does wonders to your skin - water has the ability to purge all the toxins from your blood, thus keeping your skin clear. Not only this, it also adds that natural glow to your skin to keep it shining and smooth.
2) it purifies your colon - when you wake up, you are on an empty stomach and consuming a glass or two of water at this time ensures that your colon is completely purified. As a result, your body can easily absorb more nutrients and get a health boost.
3) aids in cell production - drinking water first thing in the morning has been found to aid to a large extent in the production of new blood cells as well as muscle cells.
4) it can help you lose weight - studies have proven that drinking water in the morning can greatly aid in your weight loss program. This is due to the fact that water increases the metabolism of your body to a considerable extent. According to research, 16 ounces of chilled water can bring your metabolism up by a good 24 percent.
5) it keeps your lymph system in perfect balance - lymph glands are responsible for performing a number of basic functions of your body such as building immunity against various infections, maintaining balance of body fluids etc. Drinking water early in the morning helps keep your lymph system working in a healthy and regular manner.
If you have any further questions, ask me by clicking on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
I was on novelon 21 day pill pack from june missed second last pill of the pack doubled up last day. Took a break of 6 days on which I had my menses. Started new pack on 8th july had protected intercourse for the first time on 9th july. Bt the same condom has been used thrice. Then I had very protected intercourse on 14th then missed the pill for the first time in july on 21st july but doubled on 22nd july. I had a light bleeding on 22nd july morning. My pill pack ended on 28th july and my period started on 1 continued upto 6th aug. Hpt with first morning urine on 4,5,6,7,8 weeks all negative. My period date was 1st aug as it did not occur till 9th. I did a serum beta hcg test comes out to be negative hcg level was 0.11.last intercourse was on 14th july no intercourse after that. Usg report shows bulky uterus with normal myometrial echo texture, cervix normal no collection at POD, no SOL seen. No collection at endometrial cavity. Ovaries bulky with tiny follicles arranged peripherally. Doctor prescribed deviry 2 tabs for 5 days. After taking 2 doses I had my periods yesterday. And bleeding is heavy and red with thin structure. Will I continue with the pills further? Not feeling well in the pills feeling nauseated. What causes this bleeding. Is it normal period or breakthrough bleeding? Can I be pregnant. Even if I did not have any intercourse after 14th july and have my withdrawal bleed on 1st aug. Not taking pills since aug. Can I be pregnant? Can serum beta be wrong? Why the bleed is heavy after taking 2 doses of deviry.
Meri Ms. Ko mahine me kai bar mahvari hoti hai elaj ke bad kuchh din tak thik rahta hai aur kuch din bad phir se vahi dasha ho jati hai kripya sahi dava btane ka kast karen, age 48 yrs.
When my father goes to toilet for 2 no, during the 2 no blood come out and it's happen after every 1 month.
Hi, I am suffering from fungal infection in my vagina for many years now. It gets cured till the the time the medication is on. Once the medication is over it comes back. The discharge has a odour and is white in colour. Sometimes it is yellow and brown in color as well. It itches me a lot. I am worried if I will be able to conceive in future. It also pains me during sex. Please help.
I am 24 year old. I have pcos. I got married 7 months ago. I am 5 to 6 weeks pregnant. I am getting pain in left side lower abdomen and pelvis but no bleeding. I had ultrasound scanning 10 days back and it showed only small cysts nothing else. Please help me why I am getting the pain. I am really worried about it.
Asking your doctor if an antiobiotic medicine can be taken is advisable as it can help in reducing the infection; and swelling. It can also be taken after the treatment for faster healing.