Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Yashwanti ModyYour feedback matters!
Hi I want to get pregnant but do not know what is the right time to be pregnant. We wash our vaginal area after sex .suggest me.
I am pregnant and I have vomiting issues since I am in my 12th week of pregnancy. Today morning had a pear fruit after which I started feeling a irritation and actually felt there is a clog or block in my throat. And it doesn't allow me eat anything I am having a pain when I eat something. So can you suggest a medication for me.
Clotting of blood is important for us in case of an injury or wound. It prevents the blood to ooze out of the body from any opening. Our blood releases cells called blood platelets, which initiate the process of clotting. However, the clotting of blood inside the veins is not a good thing to happen. This condition is called thrombosis. Moreover, clotting during pregnancy is a serious condition that poses threat to the health of both the mother and the child. In case of pregnant women, clotting of blood starts in the deep veins. These veins are usually the ones in the legs or the pelvic region. This condition is termed as deep vein thrombosis (DVT).
Why there is a clot during pregnancy?
Blood can clot during pregnancy due to multiple reasons. Clotting occurs to prevent too much loss of blood at the time of labour.
How will you know that it’s DVT?
DVT comes along with certain symptoms. Some of these have been listed below:
- The pregnant woman may notice tenderness or swelling in one of her legs. She might feel the pain in one of the legs.
- The skin colour of the woman starts reflecting changes. The skin might turn a little reddish.
- The patient’s skin will be warmer at the site of clot.
- The veins in the affected region might look dilated or larger in size.
What are the dangers linked to this clotting?
Whatever may be the reason, clotting during pregnancy is always attached to some dangerous consequences. If the blood clot is left unattended and untreated for long, it may have some serious consequence. The clot may start shifting from your legs to one or both of your lungs. This condition is called pulmonary embolism (PE). It is acute condition that can cause death of the patient as well. The symptoms of PE are as follows:
- The patient suffers from sudden breathlessness.
- The patient may feel that there is some tightness around the chest.
- The patient may find blood in her cough.
- The patient may show signs of collapse.
Clotting of blood can also prove detrimental to the baby’s health and growth. The blood is supplied through placenta to the baby and a clot in the mother’s vein can decrease the amount of blood supplied to the baby. Sometimes, the blood supply to placenta might be entirely snapped, leading to the death of the child inside the womb. However, blood clotting at the time of pregnancy happens to only a few women. It has been found that one or two in thousand die due to clotting of blood during pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hello! I had a pre-term delivery last month on 3 march due to cervical incompetence. I bleed for 21 to 23 days then bleeding stopped. But now after 10 days the bleeding has again started. Is there anything to worry or is it normal?
Can a married women take tablets to get her periods delay. Is it safe? If yes then how many tablets can she consume. She had her due date on 31 jan n yet due with her date. She want to delay her periods from today i. E. Tuesday till Sunday. please advise!
Tips to get over tough times
Tough times are a part of our life, sometimes we are unable to handle it leading to us becoming slaves to a lot of negativity. There are a few things you can try to help tide over it.
* Firstly stop being in denial – accept the situation stop getting angry and bargaining for something better, accept and tell yourself “i want to face this ”and “i will do my best to deal with this”.
* What next? - calm down, think through and try to figure out what to do next? Start working on a solution for the issue rather than just focusing on the issue.
* Solution may not come to you immediately but at least start working towards it one step at a time.
* To find solutions we should put ourselves in a third person perspective. Finding solutions is a lot easier this way. Remember that every problem has a solution.
* Get help - do not shove away family, friends or any loved ones who are trying to help you. Seeking help does not make you weak. Try and discuss the issue with them to get an outsiders perspective. Since they are not a part of the problem they will be able to have 360 view of the issue and they may be able to help you better.
* Positivity is important - it may seem like a difficult task but try to focus on the positive things happening in your life. Try to surround yourself with positive people, and people who see the good in you.
* Don’t give up – never give way for negativity to seep into your life. Stop yourself from focusing on negative thoughts and emotions.
• Drugs/ alcohol - never look at drugs, alcohol, smoking or abuse of any kind as a solution for your problem, it only gives you a perception that things are fine, but the truth is, it only increases your problem.
* No blame game - do not blame yourself or others for the problem. Blaming will not solve your situation.
* Stay healthy- do not neglect your health. You need to be there for yourself too.
Finally remember this too shall pass.
I have periods range of 25 to 30 days cycle. I married one year before. We were trying to have a baby in our lives, but unfortunately not happening. So I walked to a gynecologist, she took follicular scan on 13th and 15th days. After that she told me that there are no ovulation changes at all. Does it really mean I am not ovulating, and what will I do in this case. I am really worried a lot about this, I don't know what can I do now. I am not able to control myself with out crying. Please suggest me and help me to come out of this.
I have 2 kids. Now I don't want any new kid. What precautions my wife has to take to avoid pregnancy. Already 2 times she got abortion.
With a number of virus and other mosquito borne disease threats looming in, such as dengue, chikungunya, malaria and other deadly diseases. The number of cases are on the rise throughout the country, there has been an alarming rise is the use of market bought mosquito repellents. While they are no doubt, very effective, but they also emit gases which can be harmful to us. There exist in our homes, commodities with which we can achieve the same results - to have a mosquito-free home. Few such ways are as follows:
1. Though it might smell bad initially, it is also the reason why mosquitoes will stay away. Crush a few pods of garlic, boil it in water and spray the liquid in the room, especially in the corners.
2. Camphor is easily available and good way to get rid of mosquitoes. Light a little bit of camphor in a room after closing all doors and windows. Leave the room for about twenty minutes and when you go back, your room will be mosquito free.
3. Infuse citronella oil in a candle and burn the candle to have a mosquito free room. Alternatively, you can use the oil in a vaporizer.
4. If you have a garden, plant mosquito repellent plants like lavender, catnip and citronella in the areas near the windows of your house to drive the mosquitoes away.
5. Get rid of all stored water within and around your house. These waters are breeding grounds for mosquitoes. If you need to store water for the unexpected shortage of water, make sure that you keep changing it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Description: ayurveda is an ancient medical science with two main aims. One is to keep healthy person healthy and second is to treat the ill person. A healthy person remains healthy throughout the life if he is strong on immunity and had a healthy childhood. Ayurveda helps in building up immunity and constantly increasing it in natural and safeway. The prime and first option is to give balghutti to newborn. Balghutti is a traditional mixture of certain herbs which are used and administered for one year to child to improve its immunity. It should always be given in mother milk or formula milk for its better results.
-improves immunity of child -helps in protecting child from teething troubles -helps to protect child from digestion problems -helps in overall development of child.