Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Yashashree PrabhuYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 30 years old have joint pain for last 2 years. What should I do? some dr. Says it' s gouty simptoms & other called it arthrytes. What should I do? please help.
Hello, doctor I am female 24 years old I am suffering from severe head ache and head ache and hair fall. Please suggest me some medicines and your precious suggestions. Doctor I am suffering from severe cold fever and back pain please help me from your side.
Hi doc, i am an undergraduate student. I have sacroiliitis. What might be the cause of it and what should I do to get relieved from pain ?
Hello doctor, meri mummy ka operation hua tha rasoli ka. Tb se unki back me pain hota h. Aur body tired tired si rhti h. So kuch aisa btaiye jisse unka weight bhi kam ho jye and body me lazyness na rhe.
Hello doctor. My Problem is blood coming from back side in bath room Please doctor help me, it pains.
I am 25years old Male, I am suffering from severe back pain I can't sit at least 5min without any support please suggest me.
Hello dr. im suffering from back pain with left leg radiating pain. Diagnosed with L5-S1 Disc prolapse. Degerative disc and protruded. tried several medicines, physio but only pain relief for temporary . . can u help in this. . .as dr advised for surgery. . Is it possible for degerated disc get back to original form with exercises and physio????
I am 20 old girl. I danced before a month after chickenpox. I got knees pain after dance and it not yet went after taking all type of treatment.
Sir, I am suffering from backache, diabetes, thyroid, hypertension and stones in right kidney. Is there any solution for my ailments.
I am suffering from a pain in the inner side of the knee, due to what my physician tells me is a ligament tear during exercise. Pain is not lessening inspite of ice pack application since last ten days. What should I do?
Respected sir, my problem is that I am over weight please plz please help me sir how can I reduce my weight I don't have time for gym please suggest some medicine or home remedies I also have back pain. Thank you.
I am suffering from thigh pain 2 years sgo my left foot slipped n now I can't fold my left leg bcoz it starts pain irritates me some nerve may pressed bcoz pain moves same happened vd my right shoulder please help me nerve relaxing medicine or what you diagnosed.
Meniscus refers to the soft ligament in your knee joint, which cushions your bones and protects it from wear and tear. It is vital for the fulfilment of regular activities and the health of your bones. Thus, a damage to the meniscus can be extremely painful. Meniscuses are exposed to injuries and shocks in case of rigorous activities and this is a fairly common syndrome faced by athletes and sports persons. It can cause a substantial amount of hurt and generally impairs movement to a large extent. It potentially gets worse as the inflammation sets in and the swelling grows. The risk of a meniscus tear increases with age. The treatment for a torn meniscus depends upon the degree of tear. While minor tears repair on their own, for graver injuries, the following therapies may prove effective.
Symptoms of a torn meniscus
1. You might be able to experience a popping sensation in your knee joint
2. Stiffness and swelling
3. You will experience pain, especially while you are trying to twist your knee
4. You might not be able to straighten your knee completely
The treatment for a torn meniscus depends upon the degree of tear. While minor tears repair on their own, for graver injuries, the following therapies may prove effective:
1. Light exercises: For slightly serious meniscus tears, there are certain knee exercises which are recommended to abort any further damage as well as to repair the wound. Limiting the activities which might exert pressure on the knees, getting adequate rest, using ice packs and wearing neoprene sleeves always aid in recovery.
2. Anti-inflammatory medications: Often, meniscus tears are cured with the help of anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen. They not only reduce pain but also enable the mending of the injured tissue. However, one needs to be aware of a few side effects which often become natural repercussions of such drugs. Possibility of ulcers and bleeding get increased by leaps and bounds on the intake of such drugs.
3. Surgery: For all other forms of meniscus tears, if healing is not obtained through non-surgical methods, the only option available is that of surgery. Such a situation arises when the pain becomes unbearable and the meniscus tear does not respond favorably to superficial treatments. These surgeries are less complicated than replacement surgeries. They usually do not involve any life threatening hazard and cautious and efficiently conducted surgeries release all pains and handicaps. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.