Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Homeopaths online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Yasha J. Dharod
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Yasha J. DharodYour feedback matters!
Is diabetes is curable disease. I want to get rid of this I am diabetic for last 20 years and on tab metformin 500.
I am 50 Plus, I ejaculate very (within 5-6 push-up) fast without giving pleasure to my spouse. Please Suggest some remedies, so that I can overcome from this. I am financially not sound.
I'm worried about my heavy weight and broad personality please send me the good diet plan for losing weight.
The eyes are such a complex structure that even minute changes in the extremely complicated internal structure affects the most important function of the eye, vision. And anyone with a vision problem can vouch for the extent of effect it has on the quality of life. Whether you are able to see only things at a close distance or far off, it is definitely difficult.
The good news, however, is that with the thorough understanding of the eye’s structure, these abnormalities can be corrected and absolutely normal vision can be restored. While surgery was the only mode of correction a few decades ago, but laser has come to rescue, especially in intricate structures like the eye.
LASIK is an abbreviation for laser in-situ keratomileusis. This is the most common and popular method to correct vision in errors of refraction. In all these conditions (as below), the cornea which is the clear portion in the front of the eye is affected.
The light passes through the cornea, lens and falls on the back of the eye (retina), where an image is created, sent to the brain where it is reversed, and this is what we ‘see.’ Each of these parts have to be in perfect condition in order to produce this proper sight. Errors of refraction fall into three main categories.
- Nearsightedness: There is difficulty in seeing far off objects, so road signs and boards are difficult to follow. Seeing objects that are closer is not affected. Most important cause is excessive staring into computer monitors.
- Farsightedness: The person has difficulty seeing things that are nearby and has to hold them at a distance for clarity.
- Astigmatism: Light rays merge to focus on multiple points either in front of or behind the retina. Normally, however, they should focus on a single point on the retina. There could be blurred vision, squinting, and eye strain.
What is done?
During the laser surgical procedure, ultraviolet laser beam is directed at the cornea. It is reshaped - made thinner in nearsightedness, elongated in farsightedness, and restoring the normal shape in astigmatism. This ensures that light is focused properly on the retina, producing sharp images and restoring vision.
- Success rate as high as 96% - most patients no longer need the glasses or contacts they were using earlier
- Minimal pain
- Immediate correction of vision
- No stitches required
- Further adjustments to vision using glasses or contact lenses can be made if required
While errors in refraction are extremely common, there is no reason to panic. Corrective measures are also available, which can restore an almost normal vision. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.