Find numerous Audiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Audiologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. YagnikYour feedback matters!
I am losing hear quickly and have tried all shampoos but no effect yet. I am not sure what Elsa can I do. Can you please halo me with this.
I listen to music too much, when ever I am free I just use my earphones and listen to music at a decent volume even during nights I listen to music and go to bed late night So will it effect my listening power? Will I find difficulties in my studies? I meen will it decrease my memory power? Will it affect my brain?
Hearing songs by earphones in a medium for a long time is harmful to health? Bluetooth headset is harmful?Please tell.
I have tinnitus problem in my left ear. I hear faint whistling sound non - stop. It first started around 4 months ago. It stopped for a few weeks and again started. What should I do and what precautions should I take to avoid severeness? Can it be self-cured? What medicines should I take?
Doctor few years back she was operated for brain malaria due to which her hearing power is damaged he have to speak louder to talk to her and mostly every few months ahe gets bleeding from her ear from were she was operated and huge head paid such that she cannot speak to any 1.
Your hearing is one of the most important function your body carries out and sometimes you realize that you are losing your sense of hearing, when it is too late to get it back. There are two main reasons for this. One of the reason is age and the other is when the inner ear's hair cells break down and do not pick up sound well.
Here are 7 ways to safeguard your hearing:
- Try to avoid loud places: It is not advisable to go to places where you have to shout to be heard, such as in a street, a concert or a construction site.
- Buy low noise rating equipment: The equipments in your house will make sound that you hear the most. Try to avoid these equipments by buying appliances with a low noise rating.
- Wear hearing protection at loud places: However, it is true that it is not always possible to avoid loud noises. This is when you need to get hearing protection. Earplugs and earmuffs are two of the best ways to make sure that even when you are in a loud place, your hearing does not get affected. Earplugs and earmuffs generally reduce sound by 15 to 30 decibels, which may be crucial to make sure that later in your life, you do not lose your hearing.
- Avoid smoke: Smoking raises your chance of hearing loss. Second hand smoke does the same thing. Therefore, try to avoid, both smoking and secondhand smoking.
- Remove earwax properly: Earwax cannot be removed properly using a cotton swab. Instead, you should use an irrigation kit. Remember this as otherwise; the earwax could muffle your hearing.
- Avoid medications which reduce hearing: Certain medications increase hearing loss. Therefore, double check with your doctor to make sure your medicines will not make you lose your hearing.
- Get your hearing tested: Finally, get your hearing tested as identifying the problem early on can help stop worsen the situation.