Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. YadigirinathYour feedback matters!
My baby girl is 1 year old and since 3 to 4 days she facing some Urine issue, as In a day she do a 2 to 3 times urine only and at night sometimes she do a Urine and sometime notes. Urine come yellow and she not face any issue while she do Urine. She also have some cold since 4 to 5 days. Please guide me on that.
You would have noticed that your child who was so eager to help out and please you earlier is no longer responding to you that way. They must be teenagers! Don't despair.Its natural and healthy for them to break away emotionally from their parents at this age. This will help them to become well adjusted adults. Here's how you can give them their space, yet gently guide them during this phase.
1. Give children some space: Giving them a chance to establish their own identity, giving them more freedom, is essential to help them establish their own place in the world. But it doesn't mean that if your child is moving around with a bad crowd or doing drugs you don't say anything. Let them explore and experiment with things that are not very risky. Eg. Catching a bus, auto. Going out with friends to a mall, going for tuitions on their own etc.
2. Choose your battles wisely: Don't lock your horns with them over cleaning up, sleeping late, coming back 1 hour late etc. Save your enquiry for more serious matters like permanent tattoo, going out late into the night and not keeping you informed, bad company etc.
3. Invite their friends over for a meal: It helps you to see who your child is meeting with and also to send a message that you are not rejecting them outright without any valid reason. Children see it as a mark of respect and fairness when you meet and talk to their friends. Also it helps them to see how their friends talk with you. Outright rejection of friends can bring on huge aggression and antagonism.
4. Decide rules and discipline in advance: If it's a 2 parent family, then it's important for the parents to have their own discussions first and come to a common consensus about what is acceptable and what is not. What will be the consequences of not following through with what was earlier negotiated. Remember that Consequences need to be discussed with your child too and should be fair for him/her.
5. Talk to your teens about the worst case scenario: whether it's taking drugs, pre marital sex, driving rashly or running away.The kid must know the worst that could happen. Let them see movies which showcase this as they get impacted by visuals more than dry conversations.
6. Tell them that you are available: When kids start experimenting and taking risks, they can land up in sticky situations like out of pocket money, a flat tyre, friends not showing up, not getting what they expected to happen. Let them know that you are available no matter what. Give them your confidence and trust. Teach them how to think of options if stuck in a bad spot. Tell them that you will come and pick them up if they can't come back on their own.
7. Keep the communication lines open: Don't instruct or interrogate them. Talk and share with them about your own life. Even a difficult day at work. This teaches them that's it's ok to talk to you even if something has gone wrong. Don't judge them. And if they are not ready to talk just then, then let them know that you can wait and you know how it's like to have a bad day.
8. Let them feel guilty: This is a hard one for some parents who come on too quickly to protect their children from feeling guilty when they have done something wrong. If your child has hurt someone or done something wrong, then it's important that they know how to deal with guilt. It's healthy to have some guilt rather than no remorse or guilt at all. This will help the children to stay within socially acceptable behaviours and norms.
9. Be a Role Model: Your actions are more noticed than your words! Your role will be important in helping them become morally, socially and ethically grounded person. If they have a healthy role model from early childhood, then it's less likely that they will take bad decisions as a rebellious teen.
If you find this useful and want to know more, then click on private chat. Happy Parenting.
My son says that his right side nipple is paining while sleeping. What may be the reason? He has no fever, no swelling any where in body. Nothing. Is there any serious issue?
Hello doctor, Swaroop is my cousin brother. He has 15 years old. He was very active in his studies but now onwards his attitude is just like indifference to his studies and other things. One day I noticed that he is interested in homosexual activity with his friend. Can he get rid of this or how can I manage this. please tell me a solution.
My girl is 1 year 6 month old. When she is take milk and biscuits then go potty regularly for 2-3 days. Before it takes mother milk and natural cow milk but recently (2-3 days) I shift in delhi so she takes powder milk. So please do something.
I have a baby boy & he is 2 months old. He is having trouble breathing & have cough. He make noise like whistle during breathing. I have consulted few doctor, one of them said its just due to cold & he gave medicine accordingly it did worked for few days, but he still do cough some time & started that noise again. On the other hand another doctor said he might have asthma problem & medicine he gave had no effect on him. & my wife too have asthma from last 3 year is it going to be a problem.
Mera baby 30days ka hai since 4days usne motion nahi kiya. Aap suggest aur prescribe kare waiting for reply.
Asthma is controllable and not curable, as it is due to chronic inflammation of air tubes which lead to hyper responsiveness of airways to external factors. It may go into remission. Use of laba and ICS combination by inhalation with spacer in most cases is able to control symptoms of asthma that is wheeze, chest tightness, cough and breathlessness. Once the symptoms are under control, then patient can take maintenance dose of ICS by inhalation with spacer to keep the inflammation in the airways under control. Avoid tigers of asthma like extreme of temperature change, dust, smoke, pollution and allergens.
My kids is of age 2, had cough and cold for last 10 days, and then now getting fever like once in a day. Fever is not continues, but getting fever in the evening or night time for one or two hours. The cough and cold is subsided now after we consulted pediatrician. He is active and having all kind of food in the day time. Our worry is, why he is getting fever some time, even though its not continues.
A study suggests that two cups of milk a day is ideal for toddlers. Consuming more than that can reduce iron stores raising the risk of anaemia
Also says children from age one to till eight needs two cup of milk and from nine to 18 need three cups of milk or its equivalent each day
My son 6month old baby he is born weight 4.300kg big baby this month weight are 10kg it is good or bad.
Please suggest some natural tips to save my 4 month child from mosquito bites. We are not able control the mosquitoes comes inside the house.
Dear sir my 5 month old daughter injected two injections 3 weeks ago teeka on both legs but one leg have clot at injected veins. No pain without press at clot. Is thrombofol beneficial or any other home solution or medicine.
You might expect your baby's skin to be flawless, but baby rashes and other skin conditions ? such as cradle cap ? are common.
Cradle cap appears as thick, yellow, crusty or greasy patches on a baby's scalp. Cradle cap is most common in newborns and usually clears up on its own by age 6 months.
In the meantime, wash your baby's hair with mild baby shampoo and loosen the scales with a small, soft-bristled brush. For stubborn scales, rub petrolatum or a few drops of mineral oil onto your baby's scalp, wait a few minutes, and then brush and shampoo your baby's hair. If cradle cap persists, ask your baby's doctor about other treatment options