Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Y A MatcheswallaYour feedback matters!
My father is 85 years old and he is facing problem in his vocal code his voice volume is also decreasing day by day. In morning the voice is even better but as the day passes his struggle increases. We consulted a Dr. too he mentioned the decease as " Left v.c. Palsy" he gave following medicines for 7 dayz. 1 Tab defect 12 mg (Twice a. Day) 2 Tab Neurobion force 3 Tab dompan Please sir tell me in detail what decision should we take according to his age.
Hello doctor this is rajesh tiwari from jabalpur m. P. Doctor I am regular smoker. I want to quit the habit. please suggest me how can I get rid of this. please help me.
Sir this is Appalanaidu I can't stop smoking can you give any answer regarding how I reduce the smoking?
Sir I am 20 year boy and I have regular back pain. Please give me remedy for that and some times when I wake up from sleep my whole body aches, sometimes I feel like I don't have much power in my hands I cant hold any thing very tightly as I do in my normal days please give reason and remedy for that
Came to know 1 year back that I am suffering from anxiety. Taken medicines prescribed by neurologist and feel relief too. Left all medicine one month ago. Sleep got natural slowly. Ayurvedic medicines are continued. Suddenly felt it is developing again and now really worried. Shd I go back again on medicines?
My father has tobacco addiction for last 40 years, now he wants to leave the bad practice, please share medicine or guidance to help him to comeback in tobacco free life.
I am a 26 year old guy facing through alott of mental stress due to career issues and unhealthy living in a hostel. Suggest me something.
I am 28 years old. My husband 29 years old. Relative. Love marriage. I dont know how to handle him. He always scolding me. He can live without me. I need him back.
I am tried and feeling lonely I can not live properly as much as before, all are refusing me please help me.
Pedophilia is an unnatural or abnormal attraction towards children of either or both sexes, usually aged thirteen years or younger. A pedophile's attraction towards adults varies. They fantasize and/or act on their fantasies with children who have not reached puberty. Pedophilia is one of the most common paraphilia (abnormal sexual desires). The DSM i. E. Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders has included pedophilia as a mental disorder.
Here are a few facts about the disorder:
1. Pedophilic disorder is when pedophiles approach children to sexually gratify themselves or if desires towards children make them feel guilty and anxious and so, they alienate themselves from the society and are unable to achieve their personal goals.
2. One very important fact that one must keep in mind is that not all pedophiles molest children and not all child molesters are pedophiles. When one desires children, they are pedophilic. But only when they act on their desires, and sexually assault children, they are child molesters.
3. Since most pedophiles do not come forward or admit to having sexual desires towards children, most of the studies have been conducted on the pedophilic child molesters. However, the number of pedophiles is vast considering that there are about 4 million websites in business catering to child pornography.
4. Opening up and seeking help from a psychologist or psychiatrist might help them in curbing and managing these desires and prevent them from acting on them and committing sexual offenses. In rare cases, pedophiles are also prescribed medications to lower their sex drive.
5. Male pedophiles are far more common than female ones.
6. Most of the child sex offenders are family and relatives.
7. Psychologists believe that children who are lonely and aloof, and feel neglected are at a higher risk of being sexually abused. The type of activities differs in each case, while some just undress and look at a child, others force the child to take part and perform oral sex and/or touch the genitals or more.
8. In most countries, it is mandatory to report a pedophile to the authorities even when there is no risk, which is why most pedophiles do not come forward and admit having this disorder. They refrain from seeking help.
However, there is a prevention project Dunkelfeld in Germany that provides free of cost services to people who are attracted to children, but are dedicated to not to act on their desires and molest children. This program maintains its members' confidentiality. Such programs are essential for a healthy society. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.