Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Allergist/Immunologists in India. You will find Allergist/Immunologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Allergist/Immunologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Wiqar ShaikhYour feedback matters!
Asthma is a condition characterized by wheezing and difficulty in breathing. Asthma is a common disease that affects children, teenagers and adults alike. Depending on what triggers an asthmatic attack, asthma can be categorized as four types. These are:
- Allergic asthma: This sort of asthma usually begins in childhood and is caused by the overproduction of immunoglobulins as a reaction to the allergen. This type of asthma can also be passed on from one generation to another through genes.
- Infective asthma: This is caused by viral bronchial or upper respiratory tract infections. It is not hereditary.
- Emotional asthma: Some cases of asthma can be triggered by psychological factors such as stress, grief or anxiety. However, it is not clear if this is the sole trigger for asthma.
- Occupational asthma: Exposure to metallic dusts, biological detergents, polyurethane, etc. can also trigger asthmatic attacks. This type of asthma is called occupational asthma.
A homeopath will not only determine the type of asthma, but will also delve into a detailed medical history of the patient before prescribing medication. Some forms of homeopathic medication that can be used to treat asthma are:
- Lpecac: This is used to treat asthma in cases where the difficulty breathing is accompanied by a feeling of heaviness over the chest, dyspnoea, constant coughing with no expectoration and cold perspiration. It is often aggravated by motion.
- Arsenicum: Asthmatic attacks that begin in the middle of the night and are accompanied by restlessness and anguish can be treated with arsenicum. This is especially beneficial in cases of chronic asthma in elderly people and habitual dyspnoea.
- Nux vomica: This is used mainly to treat asthmatic attacks triggered by gastric troubles or be excessive intake of coffee and alcohol. A constricted feeling around the lower part of the chest is another symptom of this type of asthma.
- Kali bichromicum: Asthmatic attacks that wake a patient up in the wee hours of the morning compelling him to sit up, in order to be able to breathe can be treated with Kali bichromicum. A stringy yellow mucus expectoration is another symptom of this type of asthma. It can also be used as an effective form of treatment for asthmatic attacks caused by nervousness.
- Natrum sulphuricum: This is used to treat asthmatic attacks caused by a change in weather. In such cases, the asthmatic attack is accompanied by diarrhea and greenish expectoration. It is usually worst in the early mornings. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
I am a 20 years old male. I used to have really high level of immunity and I never became ill in 6 years but now I am getting sick very easily what can be the reason?
Hi doctor I am having asthma for the last 7 years I am taking budamate inhaler-400 daily. please suggest if there is permanent cure is there in ayurveda is taking inhaler will have side effects in body in future is there alternative is there of inhaler.
I'm suffering from alopecia areata for about 7 to 8 months. I'm taking steroid injection on my scalp. I've spent around 5000 rupees for this and still counting. However, in some areas tiny hair has grown but there are still some spaces where hair didn't grow. So, my question is. Is there any cute for this as far as auto immune diseases are concerned.
I have problem in my eyes. I had consulted eye specialist doctor says I have dust allergy. So suggest precautions for this.
Asthma is a chronic respiratory disorder. In asthma, the airways of the lungs get inflamed. Due to this inflammation, there is swelling inside the airways. This also causes excess production of mucous. The combined effect of swelling and mucus production is that the passage of air gets obstructed. This makes breathing difficult. A whistling sound or wheezing is often heard in such patients. Often the patient gets cough due to this obstruction of the airways. This cough is a reflex of the body to get rid of the excess mucous in the airways. A sense of tightness or heaviness is felt in the chest. One cannot expand the chest fully while inhaling. This is a medical condition characterised by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea.
Homeopathy for Asthma-
When it comes to the treatment of Asthma, Homeopathy is much better at treating asthma. It is in stark contrast to allopathy, where inhalers and steroids are used to suppress inflammation. Homeopathic medicines do not aim at just reducing inflammation. They also intend to cure the basic cause of the recurrent inflammation. This way, not only the symptoms of asthma are treated but the incidence of asthmatic attacks is completely eliminated. With a couple of months of Homeopathic treatment, you will be able to live a disease-free and medicine-free life. It is worthwhile to mention here that all Homeopathic remedies are natural and do not contain any chemicals. That is why these purely natural homeopathic remedies do not have any side effects at all. Here is a list of the top homeopathic medicines for asthma, along with the symptoms when they are used-
Ipecac: Ipecac is used in treating asthma, where the patient experiences symptoms like heaviness and tension around the chest area. Sudden wheezing, suffocation is experienced followed by other symptoms like motions, vomiting and gagging. The cough remains constant, and the chest gets filled up with phlegm. Cold and perspiration is also likely to be experienced. A patient may feel as if a lump is present in the chest. Increased salivation is also indicated.
Arsenicum: Arsenicum is an efficient homeopathic medicine, which treats asthma attacks, which take place after midnight. The patient is anxious, restless, and cannot sleep because of the fear of being suffocated. In such cases, the patient dozes off a bit, and wakes up with great burning sensation and sore feeling in the chest. Arsenicum is prescribed during chronic stages of asthma, usually in elderly people.
Nux Vomica: Nux Vomica is used when asthma attacks occur due to gastric disorders and during simple spasmodic asthmas. People who consume an excess of caffeine or alcohol are more likely to experience such attacks. A constricting feeling in the lower chest region may be experienced. These attacks commonly occur during the morning.
Kali Bichromicum: This homeopathic medicine is used is asthmatic patients where the asthma attacks occur because of potashes. The attacks generally occur between three to four a.m. in the morning. The patient gets compelled to rise from sleep and sit up in order to breathe. A stringy yellow mucus may be produced, and the patient feels a lack of air in his chest.
Natrum Sulphuricum: This is another effective medicine for treating asthma. The symptoms of asthma treated with this medicine get worse in damp weather. Most asthma attacks occur with a rattling sensation being felt in the chest. Bowel movement may become loose after this type of asthma attack. Alcohol and aerated drinks make the symptoms even worse. Such attacks are common in the morning with the production of a green mucus.
Homeopathy has no side effects and treats the underlying cause of asthma. You should consult a homeopathic practitioner before starting homeopathic treatment for asthma.
I am 49 years old and suffering from Asthma since 40 years and since five years developed allergic rhinitis and also stomach bloating. I have been using allopathic medicines for asthma and allergic rhinitis but not effective. Immune system has also gone down.
I am a patient of severe asthma over last 20 years and formoterol fumerate-budesonide inhaler and tiotropium bromide 9 mcg, also am taking alfusin for enlarged prostate. I am suffering from regular severe epigastric pain in the right side of chest. The pain occurs around 4- 5pm in the evenings. Some days it starts even around 12 noon. My lunchtime is 2 pm. I have tried pantaprazole / rabeprazole, itopride, etc. But the severe pain comes back the next day. I also have the problem of constipation for which I am taking lactulose. What shd I take to combat the pain.
I AM SUFFERING FROM BREATHING PROBLEM I USED TO TAKE ASTHENIL 4 TAB WITH OMNACORTIL 10MG TAB BUT NOT REGULARLY IS IT HARMFUL TO ME OR NOT
I am 38 years old, since childhood I have dust allergy, 10 years back I have taken immune shots injections for 6 months, Till 7 years I have no allergy symptoms, but since 3 years I have same problem, can you please suggest me the good medicine.
I use to get breathing difficulties at night time, I does not had any sought of asthma problems ,and also only some days. I can take breath but I feels like I want more.
I have an 17 years old brother and he is suffering from asthma. Whenever there is sudden change of weather, for instance the winters arriving, more attacks start upon him during night. I don't know what to do. Kindly prescribe me suitable solutionssolutions?
Purified vero cell rabies vaccine (PVRV)
Purified chick embryo cell vaccine (PCECV)
Human diploid cell vaccine (HDCV)
Purified duck embryo vaccine (PDEV)