Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Wela Pandit
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Wela PanditYour feedback matters!
My girlfriend had MC on 5.4. 16 in morning than I had unprotected sex with her than. At evening she had small flow of MC. Is she will pregnant help me give me answer. I had given her unwanted 72at that night.
Hello Dr. Jus want to ask Is PCOS curable? I got thyroid n I'm overweight as well so are they related to each other ? Loosing weight will help me in PCOS. THNX IN Advance Harshada.
My wife is now in 35 week pregnant And from today morning she is suffering from fiver Is that affect on baby, We show doctor, Dr. gives some medicine I want to know just Is that any effect on baby in womb if she is in fiver.
I have done with follicular studies today was 11 th day of my cycle my Right ovary at 19.7 x 13, 13.2 x 11 mm, 11 x 10 mm, 10 x 9 mm and Left ovary is 22.8 x 19.7 mm endometrium is 8.8.4 m. Why does right ovary has 4 counts what does it means?
During my mensus I face bleeding for nearly 8 days. In some cases it even gets delayed for months. May I know the reason for this? please suggest me.
When cells of tissues that are usually found lining the inside cavity of the uterus, start growing outside the organ, for eg over the ovaries/ fallopian tubes/ urinary bladder etc. it is called endometriosis. Painful periods, pain during sex, pain while urinating or bowel movements, heavy bleeding, fatigue, infertility, diarrhea, bloating and nausea are some of the symptoms of endometriosis.
Treating endometriosis usually depends on the following factors
- Severity of symptoms
- Severity of the disease
- Future plans for children
Depending on these the doctor might opt for any of the following treatments
- Medication for Pain: If the symptoms are mild, then the doctor will prescribe some pain killers like Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Hormone Therapy: Hormone therapy is effective, but once you stop them, your symptoms may come back. Some of the hormone therapies include:
- Hormonal Contraceptives: Birth control pills, vaginal rings and patches are useful in controlling the hormones that are responsible for tissue build-up outside the uterine cavity.
- Medroxyprogesterone: This drug stops menstruation, which in turn stops the tissue build-up and put an end to all the symptoms. But on the other hand, gaining weight, low bone production and depression are some of the common effects of this drug.
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (Gn-RH) antagonists and agonists: Hormones that stimulate ovaries are blocked by these. They bring down oestrogen levels and hence prevent menstruation.
- Danazol: This drug prevents menstruation and symptoms of endometriosis by blocking the hormones that stimulate the ovaries. However, Danazol may not be a favourable option because of its side effects. The drug should be avoided during pregnancy.
- Conservative Surgery: If you are trying to get pregnant, but you already suffer from endometriosis, then removing endometriosis surgically is a viable solution. Your uterus and ovaries will be preserved, which might increase your chances of becoming pregnant. Even suffering from severe pain might find relief from conservative surgery.
- Hysterectomy: In extreme cases, the only way to deal with the symptoms is to completely remove the uterus, ovaries and cervix. Since a hysterectomy means you cannot have children, it is kept as the last option for women in their reproductive age. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.