Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Wasim PhoplunkarYour feedback matters!
My prostate is 56 grams. I go to urinate every two hours at night and every 1 hour in the morning. How can I reduce my prostate to 21 grams. Is 3D answer to it or how best I can control it. I am 75 years and healthy.
I am a 39 yr old and a mother of 2yr old son. I used to have small lump on my left breast and used to get mild bouts of pain 4-5 years back but it vanished itself after sometime. Now after marriage and childbirth I am getting a feeling that the lump is developing again. On checking I don't find the lump that prominent. However, mild pain is experienced sometimes. Please suggest.
Hello doctor. I'm 29 years old female unmarried. I have 3 small fibroadenomas in my left breast. From past a few days I'm feeling a tiny lump near my nipple in my right breast. I'm worried. Can it be serious. Please reply to me as soon as possible.
Canker sores can be said to be quite annoying, to say the very least. However, it is a relief to know that most of these sores are not a cause of concern. That being said, when a person has the opportunity to stop the sores from staying on, why should he or she not take it? In order to get to know how to treat canker sores, it is first important to understand what they are and how they are caused.
These sores mainly appear in children. The areas where they appear are the mouth and the tongue, in particular. One of the interesting things about canker sores is the fact that doctors do not know what the exact cause of these sores is. The symptoms of having canker sores include a possible tingling in the area in the run-up to the canker sore appearing, as well as painful red sores. It is to be kept in mind that these sores can develop either on their own or in groups.
Possible reasons why a person may have canker sores can include a bad diet, an infection and also a deficiency in terms of the intake of certain nutrients. One of the key nutrients happens to be folic acid. Iron and the vitamin B12 are not to be forgotten, either.
When a person would like to make an effort to reduce the pain and the discomfort which is associated with a canker sore, he or she should follow a routine in which after a meal is eaten, he or she should take some baking soda and mix it with a little bit of water. After this is done to a sufficient point to make a paste, he or she should apply it on the canker sores in the mouth. If an alternative is required, what could be used is a mix of water along with some hydrogen peroxide. This is to be followed up soon with some milk of magnesia.
The last thing a person wants is for an infection to strike the canker sores he or she may have. Not only is this quite uncomfortable, to say the very least, but there is also a longer time taken to the point of full recovery. In order to combat this, mouthwashes which include tetracycline are welcome. Also rinsing the mouth with a mix of warm water and salt is a smart move.
My uncle is suffering from liver cancer, it's on 4th stage. Doctors are saying as there is no chance of getting cure he can't survive, and they said as there is only one possibility, ie we can expand his lifespan. Is this true. Is there any possibility then please help me out. And please help me in finding the best hospital for it to get it cure.
I have 1.5cm hypodense mass lesion in the left kidney. Appearing echogenic on ultrasound with no CT demonstrable fat attenuation within? Renal cell carcinoma? Angiomyolipoma. Then I take biopsy Biopsy result as A1 to A3 renal cortical tissue A4 sections reveal a tumour composed of papillae lined by a single layer of small cells with scant cytoplasm with mild nuclear pleomorphism. The papillae have delicate fibrovascular core Foam cell clusters are seen in an occasional area finally result concludes as papillary neoplasm of kidney pls explain what problem I have sir I am now afraid of cancer.
Hi. I have a problem that I think is serious. Weekly twice or thrice when I wake up and spit, blood comes from my mouth. My stomach at times gives a burning sensation. I did try and ask a doctor but was told that it was due to heat. Can anyone please confirm that because various thoughts are running on my mind thinking it may be cancer ?
Sir, what to do for prostrate first grade, what precautions should to take, and type of fruits should be taken.
Hello doctor. My age is 21. I have pain in my left breast since 7-8 days. Pehle bhi pain hua hai lekin wo bas 1 din he rahta tha. hamesha esa hota he rehta tha bas 1 din. Mujhe lagta tha ki heart me pain hai. Gastric problem hogi isliye jyada dhani ni diya par abhi feel ho raha h ki problem breast me hai. Thoda sa bhi left breast me pressure pad raha hai ya kuch touch ho raha hai toh pain ho raha hai. What should I do. Is this symptom of breast cancer. Should I consult a doctor. Please give some advice.
Most commonly occurring in children aged 5 or younger, Neuroblastoma is a type of cancer developing from immature nerve cells most often found in and around the adrenal glands. However, it is not limited and can develop in several other areas of the body, like the chest, neck, spine and different areas of the abdomen where nerve cells can be found in clusters.
Depending upon the area of the body affected, signs and symptoms may include:
1. Neuroblastoma in the abdomen:
- Abdominal pain
- Diarrhea, constipation or other changes in bowel movements
- A lump of mass under the skin which is anything but tender
2. Neuroblastoma in the chest:
- Chest pain
- Visible changes in the eyes, such as drooping eyelids or unequal pupil size
3. There are other signs and symptoms caused by neuroblastoma. These may include:
- Lumps of tissue found under the skin
- Bruise-like dark circles visible around the eyes
- Proptosis (a condition in which eyeballs seem to protrude from the sockets)
- Back pain
- Bone pain
- Unexplained weight loss
Causes: Neuroblastoma typically originates in neuroblasts. These are immature nerve cells formed by the fetus as part of the development process. Eventually, neuroblasts convert into fibres and nerve cells which then make up the constituents of the adrenal gland. Normally, they either mature or gradually disappear. Others, which neither mature nor disappear, form tumors.
A number of problems may result out of neuroblastoma, including:
- Metastasis or spread of the cancerous cells
- Spinal cord compression
- Paraneoplastic symptoms, such as rapid eye movement or difficulty with eye coordination
- Abdominal swelling
Depending on the child's age, the stage of the cancer, or the types of cells involved, the treatment plan varies accordingly:
- Surgery - However, this depends on the size and location of the tumor. Tumors growing near vital organs are too risky to remove
- Chemotherapy - involves the use of chemotherapy drugs
- Radiation therapy - involves high energy beams, like X-rays
- Stem cell transplant or autologous stem cell transplant in case of high-risk neuroblastoma
- Immunotherapy - involves drugs which stimulate the immune system to destroy cancerous cells
The most dreadful part of getting to work and getting back home in the evening is the being stuck in a traffic jam. Whether you’re driving yourself or being driven home, a traffic jam can sap your spirits and make you feel tired even though you’re not really exerting yourself. According to a recent study, these traffic jams not only increase your stress levels, but also make your body susceptible to cancer.
Yes! They can be a major reason behind your ill health-
- Bumper to bumper traffic that moves at snail pace can be very stressful, especially if you have to get somewhere at a particular time. The irritation of not being able to move at your desired pace adds on to the million other things going on in your mind. The body reacts to stress by increasing blood sugar and blood pressure levels. Long term stress can lead to digestive problems, fertility issues and a weakened immune system that makes the body vulnerable to other diseases and infections. Stress can also lead to the development of behavior like smoking, drinking and over eating which can increase a person’s risk of cancer.
- Pollution levels are highest at traffic signals and at traffic jams. This is because at a busy intersection, cars go through various stages such as accelerating, braking and idling in a restricted space. Each of these actions is accompanied with emission of toxic gases and fine particles of matter which concentrate in an area and take longer to disperse. Contrary to popular belief, people in cars can be more affected by these pollutants than pedestrians. This is especially true in cases where people have their windows up and fans on as the fans suck in polluted air leading to a buildup of toxic gases inside the car. When these gases and particulate matter are inhaled, they get stuck in the nose and throat and are absorbed into the blood stream. Long term exposure to this can have serious negative effects on the body including a higher risk to cancer. To avoid this, ensure that the setting of the ac of your car or fan is set to only circulate air inside the car without drawing in polluted air from outside.
Also, try and find ways to avoid traffic jams. If your office allows, maybe you could try changing your timing a little. Experiment with routes. Often the inner roads have more twists and turns but much less traffic.