Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vyas AnuradhaYour feedback matters!
There is a gap about 4 cm between 2 teeth in Middle of my lower jaw what is the easy solution? Please tell me.
I am facing burning mouth infection. Every 5 min I have to drink water to make it cool. Pls suggest me.
My teeth is looking bad,there is red spot on my teeth for chewing pan masala.And my belly is too much out for my sitting job,please tell me for my two problems.
When the salivary glands do not produce enough saliva, the mouth gets dry and uncomfortable. Due to certain conditions, such a phenomenon can occur and this condition is known as dry mouth or xerostomia. Xerostomia or dry mouth can occur due to multiple reasons. Read on more to find all about the different causes and symptoms of dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain medications: Dry mouth occurs due to the effect of certain prescription and nonprescription medications. Drugs used to treat depression, pain, allergies, anxiety, epilepsy, obesity, nausea and psychotic disorders can cause dry mouth condition as a side effect. Sedatives and muscle relaxers can also cause dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain disease and infections: Certain diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, mumps, diabetes, hypertension, cystic fibrosis, anemia and Parkinson's disease can also cause dry mouth or xerostomia.
- Side effect of treatments: If the salivary glands are damaged due to certain reasons, then less saliva is secreted resulting in dry mouth. Certain treatments such as radiation treatments in the head and neck or chemotherapy sessions could indirectly cause dry mouth by damaging the salivary glands.
- Nerve damage: Dry mouth can also be due to a person suffering from nerve damage caused due to accident or surgery.
- Dehydration: Conditions like fever, excessive vomiting, diarrhea, excessive sweating, which cause dehydration can also cause dry mouth.
- Removal of salivary glands: Surgical removal of the salivary glands also causes dry mouth.
- Lifestyle choices: Certain lifestyle preferences such as chewing tobacco or smoking can cause dry mouth.
Dry mouth has several symptoms. If you have some or all of the symptoms mentioned below, then you are more than likely suffering from dry mouth.
- A sticky and dry feeling in the mouth.
- The frequent feeling of being thirsty.
- A dry, parched feeling in the throat.
- The tongue being dry, raw and red.
- There is discomfort and problem while you are speaking or experiencing problems with chewing, tasting or swallowing food.
- Experiencing dry nasal passages, a sore throat or hoarseness in the voice.
- A tingling or slightly burning sensation in the mouth but particularly in the tongue.
- Having a bad breath.
Related Tip: "Why Oral Health in Older Adults Is Important"
Mere toung me ander galey ki taraf chhaley hai jo na to dard hotey he na hi dukhtey he. Kya ye khatrnak he?
Please don't buy or gift chocolates instead gie them nuts & Dry fruits.
Due to the consumption of tobacco my lower frontal teeth have gaps after scaling from doctors. The teeth have stains also. I consulted recently with a dentist and she advised scaling and then orthodontics treatment to close the gaps. But due to the fear of more gaps I can't do scaling. Is there any other way out to brighten the teeth and close the gaps?
Gone are the days when braces were only for children and teenagers. Today, adults don’t need to shy away from wearing braces just because it will look unattractive. It is time to not put them off. Here are the reasons to tell you why you should flaunt the braces:
Your smile is more important: A beautiful smile can change your life. It creates a positive impact in your life. People around you get influenced by your positive and attractive smile. But, if you cover your mouth just to hide your teeth while smiling, it will hamper your life. Therefore, straighten you teeth and get back your confidence. A dental implant is of no use unless you straighten all the teeth using a brace.
Wearing a brace can keep you away from other dental issues: Misaligned teeth can cause various dental disorders or issues. If the teeth are not aligned properly, food particles can get accumulated on the surface of the teeth, forming dental plaque. This in turn can give birth to a number of dental diseases or disorders.
Braces prevent you from other diseases: Improper alignment of teeth will not allow you to chew your food properly. This in turn may cause several gastrointestinal problems.
New Age Braces-
Today, braces have evolved. They no longer look very ugly or unattractive. You will not suffer from the embarrassment of having metal braces. Nowadays, ceramic braces are available in the markets. These are translucent in nature. Besides, a new age teeth cover called Invisalign is available. These are made up of clear plastic. An individual wears them over the teeth. So, you will not have to look unattractive with the metal wire.
Advantages of Ceramic Braces-
They are less painful and cause no irritation to the gums. They are friendlier to the gums than the old metal ones.
Ceramic braces are translucent in nature. They have white or tooth-coloured brackets which look better than metal wires.
They are durable and stronger. They can break only if they are abused or misused.
Nowadays, you get clear braces in the markets. These are known as Saphire Braces. They are expensive than the metal ones. But, they are stronger and the greatest advantage of wearing a sapphire brace is that you don’t develop stains on them easily.
Cost of Braces-
The cost of adult braces depends upon the nature of brace you are choosing. Metal wires are cheaper. Ceramic and clear braces are costlier. Metal braces are available from INR 30,000 to 40,000 in the markets. Other braces look better but are costlier.
When to take braces?
In order to know whether or not you require a brace, you must consult a dentist first. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.