Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Vrajesh UdaniYour feedback matters!
My wife's upper body, stomach, chest, both hands & arms has gone kind of numb since 2 days now. What do we do? Which specialist should we see?
I have hand shivering from childhood. I am really ashamed before other. Can you please tell me how it can stopped. Shivering is more if someone watches when I am doing some sensitive thing.
I am 4months pregnant. Since the start of pregnancy my sleep has been disrupted. I hardly sleep 3-4hrs at night. Though tired I do not get sleep. I do not sleep in the day time also for fear of not sleeping at night. Before pregnancy I slept 6-7hrs without issues. Kindly advise what to do. Im also suffering from migraine due to this problem.
Hello Doctor, I have a trigimal neuralgia in my right side of forehead near eye from last 3 years. Very sharp shooting electric pain to touch the eyes or effected area of face. Generally it started in between sept to March. On winter season. Please suggest any permanent solution for this. Thanks & Regards
My wife age 66 yrs having urine incontinence problem too much? her neurosurgery for brain tumor was done in 2007. She also having diabetes. taking treatment at Medicity Gurgaon but no improvement. Did catheretzatiom but she having pain in bladder What should do!
I am 18 years male Sir my question is about insomnia. Actually I am suffering from insomnia. When going on bed it takes about two or even three hours to make me slept. And the problem is due coz my feet become extra hot which does not allow me to sleep.
Hello sir/mam I am suffering from nightfall and underweight . My hand shivers. My friends told that due to masturbation but I left it months ago . Please suggest me the best solution.
Hi. I'm 19years old n I have migraine problem. Can it ve reduced? I've been using no medicines. I can't bear wen it starts. Help me doc.
Hi sir my left leg knee below feeling like numbness fingers also tingling my blood pressure low BP recently what can I do my b12 level 226 what can I do sir which doctor can I consult please suggest me.
A wound is a disruption of the normal structure and function of the skin.
Antibiotic therapy is not indicated in all wounds and is reserved only for infected wounds.
It is important to keep blood sugar under control while managing a wound.
All wounds, which are contaminated or have foreign bodies, need debridement.
Irrigation of the wound reduces bacterial load and also removes loose material.
Wound irrigation can be done with warm saline.
Principles of wound management are: scrub, clean and dress.
Scrubbing means that dressing should be done with clean hands, which requires proper scrubbing of the hands.
Would cleaning means that the wound should first be cleaned.
After cleaning, the wound requires a proper dressing.
Some wounds may require suturing, especially if the wound is of less than six hours duration.
In an accident if a finger is cut or a tooth is removed, one should preserve the finger or the tooth and take it to the nearest hospital along with the patient for reimplantation.
The best way to carry the amputated finger or uprooted tooth is to put them in a plastic bag and put that bag in a box containing ice.
Skin burns should be treated firstly by putting the area under the running water till the burning disappears.
In a patient with burns, the blister that forms should not be punctured.
Presence of pain is also a good sign and indicates that the burns are superficial.
My grandma is 62 years old and her left side vein has become very thin. Doctor has suggested ngo past. Please tell me what to do now?
A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor's book. - Irish Proverb
Sleep has a profound effect on our physical, emotional and mental wellbeing. You must have realised so often that we feel very fresh and energetic after a good night's sleep. And when we do not have a good night's sleep, we feel tired and irritable the whole day, our productivity decreases, we are feeling sleepy, and our whole schedule goes haywire. Sleep is the time when body undergoes repair and detoxification. Poor sleep patterns are linked to poor health and those who sleep less than six hours a night have a shorter life expectancy than those who sleep for longer.
When you sleep your muscles are relaxed during sleep and some blood circulation meant for the brain is diverted towards the muscles to repair them.
A person is said to be suffering from sleeplessness or insomnia when he/she wakes up frequently during the night or too early in the morning or has difficulty in falling asleep.
Insomnia can be classified in the following ways -
1. Primary insomnia: it refers to sleep problems which aren't directly related with any health condition.
2. Secondary insomnia: it stands for sleep problems that may be caused by health conditions, medications, pain or any other causes.
3. Acute insomnia: it is also known as short-term insomnia and usually lasts for a night or a few weeks.
4. Chronic insomnia: insomnia is described as long-term or chronic if you suffer from it for about 3 nights a week for 1 month or longer.
Common causes of sleeplessness:
When it comes to causes, there are several such as -
- Pain or discomfort while sleeping
- Use of certain medications
- Interference in your normal sleep schedule
- Having heavy meals or stimulants like caffeinated drinks and nicotine
In addition, there are also some medical conditions that can develop or aggravate insomnia, such as,
How does homeopathy help in treating insomnia
Since sleep disorder is of critical concern, homeopathy treatment offers an excellent remedy as it doesn't involve any side effects. A professional homeopath first studies the symptoms of the disorder and offers remedy accordingly. These remedies go to the root cause of the problem and are not meant to just provide symptomatic relief, apart from the medicine, you will be guided about certain lifestyle changes they should make.
Polio is a virus that has the potential to infect any parts of the body including, but not limited to nerves and muscles. Primarily there are 3 types of polio namely, non-paralytic, spinal paralytic and bulbar. This disease shows minimal to no symptoms in more than 90 percent of the cases. 5 percent of the cases can show symptoms such as nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, sore throat and abdominal pain. Polio is a communicable disease and can cause massive damage if a proper dosage is not taken. It can spread through air, physical contact with an infected person, coughs etc.
- Polio can cause paralysis: Polio has a far-reaching permanent effect on the body. It can cause paralysis on any of the limbs leading to permanent disability. This severely alters a child’s life. The far-reaching consequences of the virus can only be negated through vaccination.
- Weak muscle: Polio can result in weak muscles, respiratory problems and loss of reflex. If the breathing muscle collapses, it can result in the death of a person. Any of the above-mentioned symptoms can lead to weak body development altering the fate of a child.
- It can spread fast and quick: Polio spreads very fast through the air, physical contact, saliva and water. It not only affects a single life but put millions at risk of the disease. A 1916 outbreak of the disease killed 6000 people in the United States and left several thousands of people disabled.
- It reduces the risk of infection: 3 dosages Polio vaccination under the age of 6 can save a baby from getting polio in future. The body successfully creates polio antibodies from the vaccines and gets enough ammunition to fight it if the virus attacks it in future.
- Social responsibility: Massive amount of awareness campaigns have been run by countries all over the world to permanently eradicate polio from the face of the earth. As per the latest reports, only 3 countries are reported to have babies affected with polio; Afghanistan, Pakistan and Congo. It is, therefore, a social responsibility to take part in the mission of removing polio from the face of the earth once and for all.
- Save future generation: Although polio is not known to be a disease which passes through heredity, there still lies a chance for the future generation to get this disease. In order to negate that from happening, it makes sense to get the vaccines on time.
- Give your kid a head start: Every kid deserves to have an equal amount of privileges like others. One small mistake on part of the parents can heavily cost a child’s future. In order to make sure your kids grow up with any apprehension of polio, it is very important to treat them with polio vaccines.