Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
I want to know the fruits , vegetables and exercises which helps for kidneys and heart protection for 50 years women.
I am 25 years old yesterday I checked my blood pressure it was 150/95. So is it an alarming situation. I eat lot of food from outside.
Are you experiencing high blood pressure or hypertension during pregnancy? Hypertension is a condition in which your blood pressure levels shoot up to a level, which may cause damage to the body. In case of pregnant women, hypertension may inflict damage on both the mother and the growing baby. You require a special care for dealing with hypertension during pregnancy, irrespective of the fact whether it develops before or after conception. Here are some important facts you ought to know about hypertension and pregnancy.
There are different types of high blood pressure issues caused during pregnancy.
- Gestational hypertension: Women with this form of hypertension have high blood pressure, which develops around 20 weeks of pregnancy. There is no sign of organ damage or the presence of protein in urine. Many women with gestational hypertension develop preeclampsia eventually.
- Chronic hypertension: Chronic hypertension is the high blood pressure condition which is present before pregnancy or it may occur before 20 weeks of pregnancy. It is hard to determine high blood pressure as it does not have prominent symptoms.
- Chronic hypertension with superimposed preeclampsia: This condition is likely in women with chronic blood pressure being present from before pregnancy. During pregnancy, women with this condition develop worsened high blood pressure and protein content in the urine. Other health complications are also indicated.
- Preeclampsia: This is a pregnancy complication featured by high blood pressure along with signs of damage to other organs of the body. This happens from chronic high blood pressure and gestational hypertension. It usually sets in within 20 weeks of pregnancy. If untreated, preeclampsia can lead to several serious complications to the mother and the baby.
Risks of high blood pressure during pregnancy
High pressure during pregnancy is associated with several risks. They are as follows:
- Decreased flow of blood to the placenta: When the placenta does not receive sufficient blood, your baby will be deprived of enough oxygen and nutrients. This might cause slow growth, premature birth or low birth weight in your baby. Prematurity also causes breathing trouble in the baby.
- Placental abruption: Preeclampsia increases the risk of placental abruption, where the placenta gets separated from the inner uterine wall before delivery. Severe cases of placental abruption lead to placenta damage and heavy bleeding.
- Premature delivery: In some cases, early delivery of the baby has to be carried out for preventing some life threatening conditions.
For reducing the risk of complications caused by hypertension during pregnancy, it is important for you to visit your doctor regularly throughout pregnancy. You should take blood pressure medicines prescribed by a doctor in the most suitable dosage. You should also stay active, follow a healthy low sodium diet and keep away from smoking, alcohol and substance abuse.
I am Suffering from Blood pressure. What the same time as a result of the most part of a sudden I have to chek kar dunga I will have to do it for you to.
I am suffering from high BP for a long time. I am using amlodac AT tablet for this but today after using this tablet I checked my BP which is 150/90 and also have nerve problem in my legs and finger sometimes nerve become contract. So please suggest me what should I do.
Recently I found my total cholesterol level is 262 during a blood test (Random). All other factors are normal. What I can avoid and what kind of food I can take? My bp and sugar levels are normal. I am a 63 year old man. My BMI is 23.
Dear Doctor, I am Diabetic and BP patient past 18 years and I am under Insulin and tablet both. Any alternative medicines please?
Sir I am 30 year age, 4 months back hypertension is started and increased now its 150/90.10. 10.2015 I admitting hospital for hypertension and cough and give medicine for BP for daily use. But I don't want continue using BP tablet give me suggestion for other remedies.
Anything happen my around I am feeling like this possible due to me & take hearts .then my bp is high .I am feeling in stress & nervous & think my past negative part in my life. What I do.
For I am 65 years 3 months I have got huge wind problem due to which I feel heartpain some time at night suggest necessary remedies to get relief soon.
One should take seasonal and locally grown natural food and vegetables grown out of organic farms. Eat less, dinner lighter then lunch, eat natural and in moderation – are few of the mantras.
Eating food supplements may be harmful. According to the American Heart Association (AHA), supplementation with beta carotene, vitamin C and vitamin E, either alone or in combination with each other or other antioxidant vitamins does not prevent heart disease.
High dose vitamin E supplementation (400 IU/day) may be associated with an increase in all–cause mortality.
Supplementation with vitamin C does not prevent a second heart attack.
Beta carotene supplementation may be dangerous and should be discouraged.
Vitamin E supplementation may be of benefit for only secondary prevention in heart patients with chronic renal failure who are undergoing hemodialysis.
The AHA concluded that current data do not justify the use of antioxidant supplements for the prevention or treatment of cardiovascular disease risk.
The above recommendations apply to supplementation only. Diets that are rich in natural antioxidants are associated with lower cardiovascular mortality.( Heart Diseases ). Any doubts you can ask me