Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vivek Gupta
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Vivek GuptaYour feedback matters!
I have a swelling near my left ear & cheek. I feel pain whenever I open my mouth (jaw) since 6 months. Please advise me on this and whom do I contact for the same. Thanks Chiru.
I am having pain in TMJ for last one week and it has not increased much but has not gone down at all. Very painful while eating and on closed mouth could not feel some times and jaw ache so much time. What should be done.
Sir. I get mouth ulcers very frequently. And my eyes too have (anjhanyari}) frequently. And when I get up in morning. I have my one nostrils blocked. Please tell me some thing ?
My dentist prescribed Ketorol-dt for tooth pain. Some says its a high power dose .and cause side effect. Is it true?
I am getting my wisdom tooth coming out in my upper right corner in opposite direction towords cheek touching the skin getting pain in skin, please suggest.
I underwent RCT with crown for my premolar tooth on lower jaw on august 2014. I have swelling on the gum below the RCT tooth since november 2015 which is not painful to touch but when pressed hard it pains a little. My dentist asked me to get X ray done, which according to him is that the RCT is fine but there is a gap between the RCT tooth and the next molar tooth which is causing the swelling due to accumulation of food. Now my dentist is asking me to get the crown removed and place a new crown to fill the gap. Whether my dentist is right? Whether there is any other alternative? Is it a serious problem?
I have bleeding gums and it gives bad smell while speaking. A doctor told I am just brushing hard and no problem and cleaned my teeth, told to use soft brush. Now I'm using my fingers and some tooth powder with salt. But no improvement. And I do oil pulling occasionally.
I need to have implant of all the teeth. I am 46 years of male currently in bengalaru. Where can be treatment?
Titanium is considered to have an affinity with bones and also when the new cells grow they attach to the post, thereby, making a strong bond. It is for this reason, the metal is used in dental implants.
Dental implants are titanium posts, which resemble the root of the tooth. These posts are embedded on the jawbone below the gums. This makes it easy to place missing bridge or teeth of the area where inserted. Implants are different from dentures and benefit the oral health as they are not fastened to other teeth like the bridges.
Factors to be kept in mind during the procedure:
- Patients must have healthy gums
- Must have sufficient bone strength to hold the implants in place
- One must be dedicated to maintaining good oral hygiene
- Must be visiting dentist regularly
Mechanism of Dental Implant:
A strong, biocompatible material is used to make screws, which are inserted into the bone. Titanium is the most preferred material, and because of its unique property of osseo-integration (fuses with the bone), it fuses with the bone to reduce bone loss after the tooth is gone. In most cases, the titanium screws, which act as the root for the implants are placed into the bone and allowed for some weeks to few months to fuse with the bone. Then, an interim crown may be used until the screw is ready to take on an implant.
The screw is periodically monitored and once it is completely accepted, then an abutment is placed on it. This acts like a stump or a root, over which a crown will be placed. Though most implants are done for replacing single teeth, in many cases, multiple teeth may be replaced using abutments. If the missing teeth are adjacent to each other or in the same quadrant, then a denture might be overlaid over the abutments. Alternately, a partial denture may be used which is screwed over an abutment.
Things to keep in mind post Dental Implant:
- Careful brushing: Only soft bristle brush needs to be used in this regard and do not pressurize the treated areas. In this case, tenderness needs to be considered so that brushing can be conducted carefully without injuring or hurting implants.
- Maintaining oral hygiene: Oral hygiene is the most important thing, and this is the reason you are advised to use any special mouthwash or any other flossing solution. This step needs to be continued for preventing the growth of unwanted infectious elements as that can ruin the implants completely. You should also carefully brush your teeth without affecting the implanted area.
- Avoid smoking: You are not allowed to continue smoking after implants, as that can make the situation complicated, as a result, of which you might even experience dreadful consequences. You should follow different steps to completely curtail the smoking habit from your lifestyle.