Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vivasvan Parekh
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Bedwetting Treatment & Management
Treatment of Polio
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Cerebral Palsy
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Sids
Treatment of Cough in Children
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Treatment of Birth Defects
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Dihydrofolate Reductase Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Vivasvan ParekhYour feedback matters!
My sister daughter just new born and 20 days old. Due to not feed comfortably dehydration assured in her body and sodium level gone high doctors says. Now she is in ventilator and yesterday bleeding in her brain. Now doctors says, her body parts are ok but brain MRI again. I want to know, she will be all right and brain problems in future.
My son aged 3 years 6 months weighing 12.7 kg have had his first febrile seizure on friday with a temp of 102.8. We immediately rushed him to hospital and he was admitted for 2 days. Al his blood test came normal and doctor said that he had viral infection. So to prevent future seizures he prescribed gardenal 10 ml for 15 days. And later tab frisium 5 mg and nasal spray medacif. My question is since from the day he has come come home I find him active but trembling whenever I hold him to make him sleep he is always shivering. And when I ask him do you feel cold h says no. Like when I keep my hand on him I feel the vibration. Wveyone says that this cud be due to the weakness or cough syrup impact. Also his temp varies from 97 to 99 from past 3 days. He is suffering frm cough right after the discharge he is taking medicine as ascoril ls 5 ml thrice aday, gardenal 10 ml once night, multivitamin and avfer 2.5 ml twice a days. We are really tensed and stay in remote area near rewari. Please let us know if we are getting the right dose and do we need to take him again to doctor for chkup. He otherwise has become very hyperactive and does not even rest.
Can cow milk and buffalo milk is good for my 6 months kids We would like to stop formula milk and would like to start cow milk today please suggest.
My son Aged 11 years is behaving abnormally. He is showing rigidity towards his demand and always says I will go to somewhere else if his demand not fulfilled. He also use abusive word to his mother etc. Pls suggest. Is it symptom of psychological problem or its normal.
Hi I have baby boy he was only 15 days and he was suffering from hiccups 2 to 3 time in a day and he was also suffering from vomiting what should I do.
Which baby doesn't spit up their food! This is usually not a reason to worry, but if this spitting up is chronic and is accompanied by other symptoms it is known as Gastroesophageal reflux disease or GERD. Severe GERD can cause weight loss and breathing problems and thus, should not be ignored.
Reflux occurs when food is pushed out of the stomach and back up the esophagus. This is usually because the digestive system in babies is not yet fully developed. Vomiting often during the day is one of the most common symptoms of GERD. Other symptoms include:
- A persistent cough
- Choking or gagging while eating
- Refusing to eat
- Crying while feeding
- Pain in the stomach
Most cases of GERD can be diagnosed by its symptoms and a look at the baby's medical history. In some cases, additional tests may be required, such as:
- Barium swallow: The child is given a chalky substance to drink. This highlights the esophagus, stomach and upper part of the small intestines in a special X-ray. It is used to check if there are any blockages in the digestive system.
- pH probe: A long, thin tube with a probe at one end is put down the child's throat. This is kept in the esophagus for 24 hours. The probe measures the levels of acidity in the stomach. This test is usually done when the child complains of breathing problems along with reflux.
- Upper GI endoscopy: Here the doctor puts a thin, flexible tube down the child's throat. At one end of the tube is a camera that allows the doctor to look into the esophagus, stomach and small intestine.
- Gastric emptying study: One of the causes of reflux is the slow emptying of the stomach. To check this, the doctor will mix a radioactive chemical with the baby's milk that allows a special camera to follow its path down the digestive system.
In most cases, GERD can be treated by making a few lifestyle changes. Some of these are:
- Raise the head of the baby's crib
- After feeding the baby, do not let him lie down, but hold him upright for half an hour or so.
- Change his feeding schedule
- Ask your doctor if you can try giving him solid food. Else, check if you can thicken his feed with cereal.
- Make the baby burp after feeding
Most infants outgrow this condition within a year, so do not stress yourself and enjoy life with your baby.