Find numerous Urologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Urologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vivare
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. VivareYour feedback matters!
Actually My father has came across some signs of illness. Since few days he is suffering from a kind of minor prolapse of rectum. He he has still a medium type pain there. Now we could observe that His body is getting warm (fever I mean) in an irregular interval. He had a history of liver cirrhosis and he had stopped taking Paracetamol tab as the doctor who treated the prolapse of rectum told to do so. Now he had a huge pain all over his body. His work leds him all day in scorching sun. So is there anything to recover him. Actually he couldn't take rest from his work. Please give me possible advises about medication (if any) to deal this situation. Or about a diet for him. Whatever needed. His body temperature I just read is 104.6°F.
I am having constipation since 1 day and I can't have toilet easily and also having little stomach pain since yesterday. please tell me what should I do.
An overactive bladder is marked by problems with one’s bladder storage system that results in sudden urge to urinate. Involuntary and leakage of urine is also a possibility in such a case.
The problem of an overactive bladder arises when the muscles of the bladder contract involuntarily. The conditions contributing to overactive bladder are:
- Excessive production of urine due to diabetes, poor kidney function or excessive fluid intake
- Medications that increase urine production by the bladder
- Acute infections in the urinary tract
- Abnormalities in the bladder, for instance, bladder stones or tumors
- Factors hindering bladder outflow such as constipation, enlarged prostate or earlier treatments for incontinence (loss of bladder control)
- Excessive intake of alcohol or caffeine
- Decline in one’s cognitive abilities due to factors such as ageing, thus making it hard for the bladder to comprehend the signals it gets from the brain
- Incomplete emptying of the bladder, leaving only a little storage space for the urine
- Neurological disorders
How it can be treated?
- Behavioral interventions help to manage overactive bladder effectively and without side-effects. They include-
- Exercises to strengthen one’s urinary sphincter and pelvic floor muscles
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Regulating fluid consumption
- Planning a schedule for trips to the toilet
- Employing a catheter to empty the bladder entirely
- Medications to alleviate the symptoms of incontinence and overactive bladder are-
- Oxybutynin gel
- Oxybutynin as a skin patch
- Injecting small doses of Botox (Botulinum toxin), protein-bacteria, directly into the bladder tissues to partially paralyze the bladder muscles, thus delaying urination.
- Surgery to magnify bladder capacity
However, it is a must that you seek the guidance of a urologist on immediate basis. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.
Prostate gland enlarged, now its ok but he is passing toilet on bed some times. How to control. Help me. He is not using any medication.
I m 40 yrs old female and having problem of non bleeding piles. My anus inside veins are swollen and do itch I am taking ayurvedic medicine. Pl. Help me for itching problem.
Penis Health and Urinary Incontinence - Are They Connected?
Urinary incontinence is one of those topics that men are often reluctant to discuss, even with their doctors. Most men would like to pretend that the problem could never happen to them, or could never happen until they are old and infirm. But the truth is that even younger men can experience anything from an occasional dribble to ongoing leakage. While practicing proper care is an excellent way to maintain penis health, stopping the leak depends on knowing more about the penis and why incontinence can occur.
What is urinary incontinence?
Urinary incontinence is the involuntary release of urine. It can happen rarely, or it can be a chronic condition, and the causes can vary. While urinary incontinence is associated mainly with young boys and older men, it can occur at any age. The National Association on Continence estimates that up to 15% of men between the ages of 15 and 64 are affected by incontinence.
There are three main types of incontinence:
- Stress. The most common form of incontinence, this comes about when urine leaks while performing any activity (voluntary or involuntary) that puts pressure on the bladder. Examples include urinary leakage when coughing or picking up a heavy object.
- Urge. With urge incontinence, a man knows he needs to urinate but doesn't realize it soon enough to make it to the bathroom. It's often associated with certain diseases and conditions, such as diabetes.
- Overflow. Here the amount of urine is greater than the capacity of the bladder. College students who spend too much time at a kegger may experience this form of incontinence.
Some people also list a fourth type, functional incontinence, which basically means a man knows he wants to urinate but faces physical obstacles that prevent him from reaching the bathroom in time.
There are several causes of urinary incontinence, including:
- Nerve damage. Diabetes, stroke and Parkinson's diseases are among conditions that can cause significant damage to the nerve-muscle communications system. Much less serious nerve damage may result in some simple occasional miscommunications that allow for leakage at inopportune times.
- Weak muscles. Sometimes the Kegel muscles that help control urinary flow aren't strong enough to function properly.
- Prostate issues. Men with prostate problems often have urinary incontinence as a complication.
- Urinary tract infection. A urinary tract infection can cause temporary issues in controlling urine release.
- Alcohol. Imbibing too much is one of the more common causes of occasional incontinence, especially among younger men.
- Stress and tension. Sometimes, being all worked up about difficult issues in a man's life can bring about a bout of urine leakage.
Maintaining good overall health is a great first step in preventing incontinence. Keeping an eye out for "triggers" that make a man need to urinate (such as caffeine or alcohol) is also helpful.
Engaging in regular Kegel exercises is a good idea for overall penis care, not just in terms of urinary distress. Squeezing the Kegel muscles - the ones that control the release of urine - and relaxing them is all that is required. It's best to squeeze, hold for 3-5 seconds, and release. Doing 3 sets (or more) of 5-10 squeezes-and-releases every day is recommended.
In addition to these exercises, men can work to prevent issues like urinary tract infections, which are also common triggers of incontinence, by maintaining good hygiene and regular penis care. Showering on a daily basis, as well as after any intimate contact, is recommended. In addition, emptying the bladder after unprotected sex can help to flush away organisms that may have made their way into the urinary tract.
Using a first rate penis vitamin cream (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil) can also help to improve the overall condition of the penis, including its ability to fight off diseases. Some creams may also provide a further benefit if they include an ingredient known as acetyl L carnitine; this substance is neuroprotective and can often help penises that have suffered some peripheral nerve damage. It also doesn't hurt to use a cream with a powerful antioxidant like alpha lipoic acid, which can help avoid premature aging of penile cells, as well as a "wrinkly" penis look.