Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vishali Joshi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vishali JoshiYour feedback matters!
Lumbar disc prolapse causes severe back pain and radiates down to one or both legs below the knee. MRI shows exact problem. After basic pain killers - rest for a week, do some physiotherapy if pain persists, a pain management specialist is needed. He will see the possibility of a root block at the nerve affected by disc prolapse. If severe degree of prolapse, endoscopic discectomy under local anesthesia is best as a day care and minimally invasive procedure.The patient usually is discharged in 12-24 hrs.
I have pcod ever since menses started. May ge because of poor diet. I have now started taking it seriously and taking ayurvedic medicines. Is ayurveda successful in pcod treatment?
Hi doctor I am 25 years old I have married before one year so want baby but I am suffering from pcod so please tell me the instructions.
PCOS or polycystic ovary syndrome is a disorder, which causes cysts or fluid filled growths, which may grow on the ovaries and cause havoc with a woman's hormones and sexual health. Not only does this condition play with your health, but it also causes extreme pain on your abdomen which may increase during the periods. Homeopathy has many cures for various types of PCOS in the form of various medications.
- Natrum Mur: PCOS may manifest differently in different women. One of the most commonly reported symptoms of PCOS is of irregular and suppressed periods. Natrum Mur is an effective remedy for this condition. Women who are trying to conceive may also benefit if their efforts to do so have failed.
- Pulsatilla: This is an effective medication in case PCOS has affected your menstrual periods in such a way that you have very scanty periods. Your periods may come after long gaps and may be very painful. Some symptoms, which the patient might exhibit would be a lack of thirst and a desire to be in open air all the time.
- Sepia: This is the most prescribed medication among the other homeopathic remedies for PCOS as it is known to have multiple benefits. Not only does it correct irregular and short periods, it is also effective in reducing the inflammation of the ovaries caused by the presence of the cysts. Cases where sepia is administered may show symptoms of mental irritability and being sensitive to cold air.
- Calcarea Carb: Some women may get periods, which are quite profuse and may be longer in terms of duration. It may make you prone to gaining weight as well. Calcarea carb is a very effective medication, which can effectively control these symptoms. Calcarea carb will be prescribed to you if you have a craving for boiled eggs and have heavy sweating (know more about Sweating problem) on the head as external symptoms.
- Thuja Occidentalis: This medicine is usually prescribed to women if they have multiple cysts within the left ovary. These cysts may not cause much inflammation, but will be quite painful. It is also prescribed in cases where a woman may get male pattern hair growth on the body. Thuja is very effective is dissolving cysts and thus can quickly correct hormonal imbalances caused by these. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Having intercourse during periods , does it reduce the flow of periods ? I had on my 2nd day and now on 4th day flow of periods has reduced.
My age is 30. I have high blood pressure. And I one kidney is ectopic. I have first pregnancy on 2009 but my child was abnormal so I abort it. But recently I know from my dr. That I have unicornuate uterus. My dr. Suggest me for surrogacy. He tell that you have a high risk of pregnancy. I want your suggestion. What can I do?
My period is due on 28th July. My bf is planning to meet me in this weekend. Can we do sex without condom this time. We will be living together for these 2 days and we are very excited. Please suggest if I can have one time ipill/unwanted on Monday if we have sex without protection on Saturday and Sunday both days. Please suggest asap.
Her periods are so irregular and now a days its continuous and heavy. Could you suggest some way out for dis?
- If you are someone who is intrigued by human behaviour, psychology, dynamics of a relationship, personality development and the like and love reading about them. Then I am sure you must have heard about "mindfulness". Even if you haven't, this article will orient you a little about it.The term mindfulness is believed to originate from a Pali term Sati, which is an important Buddhist concept and its Sanskrit counterpart Smriti. It finds its source in Hindu and Buddhist religion. Though modern day mindful meditation does not necessarily involve religious aspects, even the non-religious equally practise it.
- Mindfulness is described as being present in the moment and experience it non-judgementally. It is a very simple concept of being aware of the present moment. At any given moment, if you try to listen to the little voice in your head or the stream of thoughts passing in your mind, you'll observe that it is either reminiscing or regretting about the past or is anticipating or worried about the future. We are habituated to live our lives in the past or in the future and in the process we forget to appreciate the NOW. Most of the people who are suffering from mental agony, depression, anxiety, irritability, nervousness, guilt or remorse are either functioning in the past or in future. Because when we are present to the moment that we are experiencing with all our senses, it is a different surreal feeling and a state of true bliss.
- A lot of research has been conducted on the topic of mindfulness. The research studies have revealed numerous, astounding benefits of practising mindfulness.To list few, mindful meditation has proven to reduce stress, improve concentration, enhance cognitive functioning, improve emotional intelligence, greater relationship satisfaction, improved physical and psychological health, higher efficiency in work, happy mood, etc,.
- Despite the fact, that we all are aware of benefits of meditation and exercise of any sort, setting aside those 15-20 minutes in our fast-paced, tight-packed schedule seems to be an impossible feat. Even, I am not asking you to find yourself a quiet place, sit in a lotus position with eyes closed and a room filled with the fragrance of jasmine incense. All I am asking you to do is be more mindful as you go by living each day.
I have created a list of activities we do each day mindlessly and from now on we are going to be more mindful of it.
1. Feel the softness of your pillow when you wake up.
2. Taste the toothpaste as you brush your teeth.
3. Observe the lather on your hands while you wash your hands with the soap.
4. Roll your head clockwise and feel the muscles in your neck moving.
5. Sip your morning tea, coffee, milk and feel its taste.
6. Give your loved one a mindful hug.
7. Feel your feet slide into your shoes.
8. Look up at the sky and observe the different shades of the sky.
9. Place your hand on your chest and focus on your breath.
10. Notice different colours around you.
11. Smell your food and try to sniff in the aroma of different spices.
12. Acknowledge a thought you have been having regularly.
13. Play with your children or pets with full attention.
14. Listen to someone speak with an intent of listening to them and not replying.
15. When you pour water from a filter to your glass, observe how the water falls and fills the glass.
16. If you don't write physically on a paper, grab a pen and a paper and write something and notice how you form words.
17. Notice something beautiful about each person you see today.
18. Notice one emotion you are feeling.
19. Listen to a song, and try to hear the instruments.
20. Write down three things you are grateful for about today.
The things listed above are simple, everyday rituals that we perform automatically, pay attention to them. You'll observe a shift in your mood too. I hope you'll try these small things throughout the day and feel more alive and fresh. I'd love to hear your experience from practising mindfulness.